• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Who's the face behind the screen name?

At Inyo National Forest in June '07 (Sleeping there that night it was like 8ºF and all my stuff was covered in ice:x )

n502820752_232729_9916.jpg

Here's caponerd about to begin my leg of the britbike.com "International Guinness Bottle Relay" on my 1959 Royal Enfield Indian.

This pic was taken about 4 years ago.

The Guinness bottle (in the cardboard tube) was first carried on a lap of the Isle of Man TT, then passed from one British bike owner to another around UK, then shipped to the US, where it's been at all the important vintage bike rallys around the country.
The cardboard tube has been signed by most of the surviving luminaries of motorcycle racing in the 50's and 60's. They even have Paula Hailwood's (Mike Hailwood's widow) signature on there.
I was carrying it to the Oregon Vintage Motorcyclists show in May of that year. It went on to Cliff Majhor, the infamous "Sandy Bandit" of Portland, Oregon.

Attachments

• Indian-Enfield.jpg
    Indian-Enfield.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 58
I didn't even know her all that well...we'd ridden together only once...but her death affected me greatly. Her birthday is the day after mine. I still have the note she gave me with her phone #'s. It just says "Let's Ride!!" She wanted me to take her dirt riding. She called me Little Red, which I thought was a great honor, coming from her and all.

I apologize if the photo I posted is bringing back some painful memories for some folks. I didn't even think about that aspect before posting it...I'm really sorry.

WoodsChick

No, it's fine. Don't think twice about it. It was Bigred's, then E-dog, and then Ricky (known as Ricky Racer) all dying in about 6 months of each other that motivated me to do the "fallen rider" picture.

Full res version here: http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/1157062/

Attachments

• Fallen Friends.jpg
    Fallen Friends.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 55
No, it's fine. Don't think twice about it. It was Bigred's, then E-dog, and then Ricky (known as Ricky Racer) all dying in about 6 months of each other that motivated me to do the "fallen rider" picture.

Full res version here: http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/1157062/

Wow...that's a very nice photo. My emotions are running a bit high right now anyway (see sig) so it's very easy to see and feel the anguish of the person in your photo. Thanks for posting it, and good luck in the Photoshop contest.

Thanks for the kind words, too, everyone, in regards to the photo I posted.

And thanks for not ripping me for my ancient leathers:p

WoodsChick

...wannabe model. :)

So, here I am trying to be a model. j/k. 'Total poser shot. Actually, it's an actor headshot of me (mostly indie' films--'just a hobby at this point). I know, I ain't that pretty, so modeling is out of the question. But, it's probably the best photo I got. :)

Attachments

• Head Shot Copy copy.jpg
    Head Shot Copy copy.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,204
Me on the left with my dad.
Hey Dylan! Nice to see a pic of you and your dad!! I had such a great time at the schools and learned a lot!! Hope to see you guys in the fall when I've recouped fully!!
Have a great year!!

Back