• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

YOUNG RIDER HERE IN NEED OF HELP! :)

Which bike..?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurt report does not address Ninja 250's vs. 600's. What is the point of bringing that up?

In fact according to the report the most frequent accident configuration is the motorcycle proceeding straight then the automobile makes a left turn in front of the oncoming motorcycle.

So are you saying the Hurt Report says a Ninja 250 will avoid this scenario? No.....

Traffic awareness and good navigation dictates survival, not displacement.

From MAIDS 2009. Motos 501cc to 750 represented 22.4% of all vehicles, 39% of just bikes bigger than 50cc. 126-250's were 7.1%.

Attachments

• maids-engine-size.JPG
    maids-engine-size.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 28
From MAIDS 2009. Motos 501cc to 750 represented 22.4% of all vehicles, 39% of just bikes bigger than 50cc. 126-250's were 7.1%.

The numbers for < 50cc is astounding. Do we have any idea why? Maybe things like people not treating it like a road machine but a bicycle, weaving about? Or perhaps sheer number of < 50cc vehicles on the road?

Fixed :thumbup

On another note, wheres the OP?

Hopefully not in the ICU?

No matter what happens with your suggestions he is still going to buy the 600. I saw a pic of him on the bike in another thread.he had all the great safety gear on. Blue Flannel hoodie no gloves with a helmet. With that righteous safety gear its not going to matter if he has a 50 or a liter 50 mph is 50 mph it all feels the same when you hit the concrete no matter how many CC's are between your legs.
Okay, that's it. WHERE THE FUCK ARE HIS PARENTS???

He mentioned his mom having a 250-- so it's not like these people are just clueless pedestrians who don't have the 1st clue about bikes. Unless they really dislike their son, they should KNOW BETTER. :mad

Okay, that's it. WHERE THE FUCK ARE HIS PARENTS???

He mentioned his mom having a 250-- so it's not like these people are just clueless pedestrians who don't have the 1st clue about bikes. Unless they really dislike their son, they should KNOW BETTER. :mad

He mentioned his dad having a 1098 to me.

The numbers for < 50cc is astounding. Do we have any idea why? Maybe things like people not treating it like a road machine but a bicycle, weaving about? Or perhaps sheer number of < 50cc vehicles on the road?

I think < 50cc puts it in ALL displacements over 50cc including liter bikes. Basically all the bikes on the road?

I think < 50cc puts it in ALL displacements over 50cc including liter bikes. Basically all the bikes on the road?

I think we need to review our rules on which way the alligator's mouth points. :twofinger

< is "less than"

> is "greater than"

I think we need to review our rules on which way the alligator's mouth points. :twofinger

< is "less than"

> is "greater than"

Not quite true.

When you see "< 50cc" you should mentally throw in "x < 50cc"

This way if you see "50cc >" you know that it's "50cc > x", i.e. the same thing (albeit confusingly worded) :thumbup

Thanks for clarifying for The though :teeth

Not quite true.

When you see "< 50cc" you should mentally throw in "x < 50cc"

This way if you see "50cc >" you know that it's "50cc > x", i.e. the same thing (albeit confusingly worded) :thumbup

Thanks for clarifying for The though :teeth

If we were writing mathematical equations, I'd agree. If we're writing sentences, then the context is "motorcycles < 50cc", or motorcycles less than 50cc. the inverse phrasing, or "50 cc > motorcycles" while mathematically correct, makes no sense grammatically. :teeth

How about you guys just quit being programmer gheeks, use English, and type in 'less than' or 'greater than'? That way, everybody knows what you mean. :twofinger

Last edited:
My 1979 YZ80 could do a power on wheelie (and it did loop once when I grabbed a handful in 1st).

:laughing Comparing a high-strung, short wheel-base, lightweight 2-stroke motocross bike with a powerband that kicks on like a light switch vs. a much heavier, low hp, 4-stroke street bike that can't get out of its own way. Apples and oranges.... dumb comparison. :nerd

I still want to know what insurance company would this cover this kid, and how much would it cost. Out of curiosity, I checked a few of the bigger, more popular companies and none of them would insure a motorcyclist that young. :x

This dude is trolling like a cougar at a college bar. :party

Last edited:
My similarly aged sister confirms his existence and that he has the bike.

Holy shit, mommy and daddy just signed his death warrant. They must have one hell of a life insurance policy on him.

Unless he has extensive track time.......... there is no excuse.

And as a parent, YES I CAN CRITICIZE YOUR PARENTING (if you're reading this parents)

I still want to know what insurance company would this cover this kid, and how much would it cost. Out of curiosity, I checked a few of the bigger, more popular companies and none of them would insure a motorcyclist that young. :x

Since he is 15.......... he's not even insured yet. Even at 16, the only way I can reasonably see it happening is if it was insured by the parents, under the parents and list him as an occasional rider. Or not list him at all and if he wads it up, tell the insurance it was a one time thing. I know from experience that agents for state farm and farmers tend to bend the rules a little sometimes for certain clients.

Last edited:
Holy shit, mommy and daddy just signed his death warrant. They must have one hell of a life insurance policy on him.

Unless he has extensive track time.......... there is no excuse.

And as a parent, YES I CAN CRITICIZE YOUR PARENTING (if you're reading this parents)

Since he is 15.......... he's not even insured yet. Even at 16, the only way I can reasonably see it happening is if it was insured by the parents, under the parents and list him as an occasional rider. Or not list him at all and if he wads it up, tell the insurance it was a one time thing. I know from experience that agents for state farm and farmers tend to bend the rules a little sometimes for certain clients.

his parents are smart. i dont think mine would have thought something like this when they tried to get rid of me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back