• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

YOUNG RIDER HERE IN NEED OF HELP! :)

Which bike..?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh really? I ride 2 up with my girlfriend all the time on my 250. Have no problem accelerating at all. I'm faster than most cars around me actually.

I have come to suspect the "accelerate out of trouble" thing is often used as an excuse to justify bikes that accelerate like this:

clarkson-atom-review.jpg

It has been my experience that 95% of motorcycles can out-accelerate 95% of cars at the drop of a hat. Hell, even the Ninja 250, with its' allegedly terrible acceleration, has an only marginally slower 0-60 than most Corvettes, and when was the last time a Corvette wasn't fast enough to be safe? :laughing

IMHO a 250 ia dangerous. the thing seriously goes nowhere and you won't be able to accelerate out of trouble.
:rofl Gotta love that one! -^

We really need to get together and go for a little ride, while I'm on my Ninja 250, and you're on whatever bike you ride. :ride

It might be quite an enlightening experience for you. :teeth

^^^ I would love to see the look on his face 5 minutes into the ride. Amazed, confused, embarrassed... humiliated! :laughing

:rofl Gotta love that one! -^

We really need to get together and go for a little ride, while I'm on my Ninja 250, and you're on whatever bike you ride. :ride

It might be quite an enlightening experience for you. :teeth

Please teach me how to ride Gary :hail

YOUR OPINION IS JUST AS HELPFUL WHEN IT COMES TO PERSONAL PREFERANCE AND ALSO WHICH BIKE DO YOU THINK IS A BETTER INVESTMENT?

Modern sportbikes that you intend to ride/modify are not investments. You will NOT recoup the money you put into it, especially something as commonplace as an R6.

Buying advice for motorcycles is the same as cars: Buy the cleanest, best maintained, lowest mileage example you can afford to pay cash for. Find a bike, ask the person if they have service records for it, ask if they are willing to take a refundable deposit to hold the bike so you can have a prepurchase inspection done. If the reply to either question is "no", take a walk. There are enough R6s out there for you to wait for the right bike.

Take it from me - I've gotten emotional about buying bikes and cars, and wound up buying a non-polishable turd because it was "just what I have been looking for for X months/years/decades". Find a shop or mobile mechanic you trust, find a bike, have them check it out.

If you want further advice from someone that's been there before, hit me up via PM. I have plenty of BS you can choose to listen to or ignore.

hmmmmm.....

reminds me of my neighbours kid across the street

I taught him how to ride, at 16 or so, on my EX500
He wanted to ride my F4i
I told him hell no

he came into a shit pile of money when he was 18, around $90k
I told him not to go out and buy a bike
UNLESS he went to the bike shop with someone

Next thing I know, he has a 600RR

When I reminded him that I had said not to go to the dealer alone, he said "I wasn't alone, my sister came with me"

Now as much as I love his sister, she aint what I meant about "not going alone"

Anyhoo, I think he paid nigh on $13k for it

Three months, maayyyyybeeeeee three months, the bike was in pieces in the garage

Went down on Bailey Road (between Concord and Pittsburgh?) prolly riding like a tool

I asked him "what happened" He responded "I don't know, I was in a turn, next thing I know I was down"

I looked at his tyres and said "you were waaaaaaaaay too hot into the turn, you grabbed a mega fistful of front brake, and you lost the front"

He said "yeah, I think that's what happened, I braked too much, I was going too fast"

(Like I knew this from the tyres, not. I just knew the noob mistakes)

I hope OP doesn't become Fr0ng V2.0

damned kids :rolleyes

edit - he no longer has the bike, sold it shortly after for pennies on the dollar no doubt

Now he is married with two kids, and only 24 or something. That was his next stupid party trick

It's hard to tell you to take your time, but a new rider should take about a year before moving to a larger bike.
Plus, you need more time in understanding traffic, since you haven't been driving for long (or at all).

You need to take your time. Ninja 250 would be more appropriate to learn how to ride and learn how to make decisions in traffic.

You have the next 60 or so years to ride. :ride

:thumbup

forgot, his first supid party trick, before the bike thing was:

driving drunk, in his grandmas car that he took without permission, rolled it on Bailey Road of all places :rofl

His friend was ejected, but they both survived. Car totalled of course

His mom's words "at least he is still alive"

um, no mom "at least he didn't *KILL* someone"

:rolleyes

i get hit by cars few times a week cuz my 250 cant accelerate fast enough :(

if i only owned a 600cc ss... the cars wouldn't be fast enough to get out of my way >:]

i get hit by cars few times a week cuz my 250 cant accelerate fast enough :(

if i only owned a 600cc ss... the cars wouldn't be fast enough to get out of my way >:]

If you are making contact with other vehicles a few times a week, the problem is not the cars or the size of the bike.

Sorry OP, I saw this thread only today.

I would highly recommend you to buy a 'Busa. That is one bike that you won't outgrow in 6 months due to lack of power (that is if you are still alive by that time)

Gary J, I wasn't talking about smashing through the hills. I'm sure you are very fast... all I'm trying to say is that to say a 600 is dangerous while a 250 is safe as everyone is claiming is not true. IMO its all in the wrist. As far as going for a lil ride goes, I'm down for some fun anyday.. (given im not out of state workin ofcourse) I'm not saying I accept your challenge but why not get together and ride? i have never rode with you and you have never rode with me. Can never have enough riding buddies.

what makes me smh tho is all the shit talkers that followed your post. Theres alot of shit talkers on barf but when it actually comes down to it. no one shows up to a ride/meet.
anyways, a 250 i'm sure is fun in the hills but i just sometimes like to come out of turns doing a wheelie. Riding isn't all about racing through the twisties to see who wins. to me it's all about having fun in our own way.

Just so it's clear, I made that comment after a very recent experience of gettin of a zx10 and hoping on a 250r for a test ride. I didnt feel the thing moving. have just been so spoiled by my literbike. there is no need for everyone to whip out their e-wangs at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back