• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

YOUNG RIDER HERE IN NEED OF HELP! :)

Which bike..?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At 16 I was insured as an addition rider of a 2005 R6 under my fathers policy for ~$450 every 6mon (mightve been a year).

I still can't decide:

1. Incredibly boring and unimaginative troll. :thumbdown
2. Sincere but tragically misguided kid who seeks validation under the guise of requesting advice, which he has no intention of taking. :thumbdown

Either way, buh-bye.

his parents are smart. i dont think mine would have thought something like this when they tried to get rid of me

Aahhaahahahha awesome post is awesomeeee

15 years old unmarried (I assume) male on a powerful sportsbike? The insurance company is going to laugh and laugh. Find out how much $$$ they will rape you for before deciding on a bike.

If you say "oh insurance doesn't matter, my parents will pay it" then *^%$#@ you dipshit.

Maybe his parents are actually quite smart and know he can't afford the insurance so they'd rather him have an R6 sitting in the garage for 3 years than have him tooling around on a 250.

"Which R6 should I buy"?

this one:

3nf3mb3of5Y25Z55T1b4p26d6c820ae541071.jpg

the engine is still good too

oh snapppppp

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcy/2344755834.html

:p :twofinger

It's like it's 2002 all over again.

"Should I get an R6 or a GSXR as a first bike. No, I've ridden a friend's CBR a couple of times, so I'm not a newb."

Also, as for which is a "better investment", the answer is neither. A bike is only going to lose value as time goes on, so it's a horrible investment.

Last edited:
Obviously you have no interest in a sensible bike, and I doubt BARF is going to be able to convince you otherwise,

All that said, let me observe the thought of 15yo's running around on new-er R6's is kind of terrifying. Do your damndest to ride safe. 15 is too young to die.

I am curious where his parents are in this. A 15 year old cannot even get a license for a car much less a bike. The kids parents would be the best people qualified to make the judgment call as to whether he is mature enough to respect a powerful machine and pilot it without getting hurt or being a danger to the general public.

IMHO a 250 ia dangerous. the thing seriously goes nowhere and you won't be able to accelerate out of trouble.

IMHO a 250 ia dangerous. the thing seriously goes nowhere and you won't be able to accelerate out of trouble.

Oh really? I ride 2 up with my girlfriend all the time on my 250. Have no problem accelerating at all. I'm faster than most cars around me actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back