• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

YOUNG RIDER HERE IN NEED OF HELP! :)

Which bike..?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^an erroneous twist of the wrist on a ninjette is a minor disturbance. an erroneous twit of the wrist on a litre bike can launch you into outerspace, a wall, or that car coming the other direction. I buy that a person can kill themselves on a low powered bike but I think it is exponentially easier to do oneself in on a modern high performance sport bike.

I like the "pay for your funeral" story above, but if the kid can buy an R6 at 15, maybe he can also pay for his funeral already.

^^^an erroneous twist of the wrist on a ninjette is a minor disturbance. an erroneous twit of the wrist on a litre bike can launch you into outerspace, a wall, or that car coming the other direction. I buy that a person can kill themselves on a low powered bike but I think it is exponentially easier to do oneself in on a modern high performance sport bike.

I like the "pay for your funeral" story above, but if the kid can buy an R6 at 15, maybe he can also pay for his funeral already.

if no one said it yet...

bro....this is the only bike you should start out with...

bow_turbo_busa_1.jpg

I totally disagree. I've ridden a 250 ninjette and found it to be more inviting to flog. YMMV. Someone who wants to go fast.....will go fast.

Well, then tell us how many died since you are in research mode? Is it greater or less than those in the last ten years? Did it make any difference if they had 35 hp, 70hp, or 130 hp? Did it make any difference that they had two springs for shocks, or a single rear shock suspension with reinforced or high strength swingarm and USD forks?

"Motorcycle rider death rates increased among all rider age groups between 1998 and 2000"

"According to 2005 data from the NHTSA, 4,008 motorcycle occupants were killed on United States roads in 2004, an 8% increase from 2003"

-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcycle_safety#Accident_rates

Motorcycle death rates doubled [in the past 10 years]; supersport bikes the most dangerous

-- http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/2007/09/motorcycle-deat.html

I don't really want to go find some serious evidence right now, I got better things to do, but here's some info for you. :dunno

Last edited:
lol..fuckin rich ass los gatos HS kids.

Ey OP man..take it easy. Count yourself lucky you got $6500 to throw around like that at 15! We're not all hyper privledged like you man. I know a guy who was from your 'hood though.

I had a best friend on my swim team who went to los gatos hs and started partying hella early in middle school. Freshman year at a LGHS house party he let a friend drive his car back from a party cuz he was drunk, but his friend was drunk too, wrapped themselves around a telephone pole. Everyone was minor injuries except for my friend, who was in a coma for over 2 months. I hella thought he was done for. Fortunately he woke up and recovered, but he'll never be the same. a shitload of priviledge + young age = bad karma. But what do I know, I'm just jealous I didn't have an r6 at 15.

So..watch out you spoiled Los Gatos HS kids...seriously, for your own good. Have fun with the r6, just take it easy.

Last edited:
^^^ Fack that..! OP should get this..! :thumbup
View attachment 367115

holy F22 jizzbomb! he'll be the shit around his neighborhood....only 15yr old with a Raptor....

200+mph pfft.....how about a top speed of Top Secret?!

:banana

and Hoolicat....pshhh...teh bike is awesome bro!

F that, I prefer my bikes to be able to turn, thank you very much. :ride

pffft everyone knows the shortest distance to anything is a straight line.

holy F22 jizzbomb! he'll be the shit around his neighborhood....only 15yr old with a Raptor....

200+mph pfft.....how about a top speed of Top Secret?!

:banana

and Hoolicat....pshhh...teh bike is awesome bro!

He won't even have to worry about where the CHP is hiding, because he will be invisible to radar..! And with just a push of the throttle he'll go from Starbucks to stardust in no time..! :thumbup

I totally disagree. I've ridden a 250 ninjette and found it to be more inviting to flog. YMMV. Someone who wants to go fast.....will go fast.

What he was saying and you are refusing to grasp is while you can get to 100mph on a 250, on a supersport with 5 times the power a slip of the wrist or clutch will get you killed in an instant versus the more forgiving power of the 250.

Therefore, accidental rider input, like a new rider with no experience is likely to do a few times before learning; would be a lot more dangerous on the bike with 5 times more power.

I believe that a lot of the conventional wisdom about beginners is wrong, or at least, wrong for its incompleteness and myopia. There's no reason a person can't start on an R6, but you can't take the normal route, especially with someone this young, of just letting skills develop themselves. In this case, they must be actively cultivated.

The biggest potential problem facing this guy are the brakes. You can get going fast enough to get killed on any motorcycle; above 50 mph, the only difference made by the speed is how easy it is to identify the leftovers. But only a race replica will kill you so easily for not knowing how to brake. This young man will need to, if he does get his R6, practice braking with much greater frequency and intensity than everyone else. If he has enough sense to do that, I believe he'll be no worse off than any other young person on a motorcycle.

Last edited:
The biggest advantage of the 600 over the 250 is that it will get him to the scene of the accident much quicker. :thumbup

i hope to god we dont see this kid in a RIP thread this summer. obviously his parents are fucking idiots letting him get something like this and they wonderfully passed those oh-so-brilliant genes on to him. parents like this need to drown in a sea of AIDS so they can no longer spawn more entitled brats like this. (yes a fucking sea of AIDS, you heard me.)

i have no words for you kid other than put some fucking gear on. ask anyone who knows, road rash will be one of the worst experiences of your life, if you survive.

Last edited:
Yes, because telling this guy that he's a young idiot will be SO SURE to get a positive response from him. I wouldn't be parenting him the way his parents obviously are, but you gotta stand up, grab your nuts and say "Today I am a man, and I'm taking responsibility!" someday. I think this is the wrong issue on which to do it, but it doesn't look like we have a choice, so the best thing we can do is to give him good counsel that he's likely to follow:

1: Practice your braking

2: WEAR FULL GEAR. If you can afford an R6, you can afford a jacket and overpants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back