• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

YOUNG RIDER HERE IN NEED OF HELP! :)

Which bike..?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what I am hoping!

But yeah, I feel like everyone is pushing "250" on this kid when he is talking about a rebel, not a 250R. That is understandable, I wouldn't want to spend much time learning to ride on a rebel (albeit, I did learn on a much smaller 50cc MB5 then moved to the R6, but that was after a lot of seat time on the small bike).

OP clearly has some money, although I highly doubt he realizes the expenses that come along with it (tires, insurance and gear), and also seems to want a flashy sporty looking bike, hence why I think the new generation Ninja 250 would be a solid choice, or at least something with a more manageable power band and more upright bars.

+1 to the Gary J comments. Also if the OP ever gets to the track he can see Bartlow passing big bikes all day long on a 250... hell even I was passing R1's on one when I went out for a 250 day in Sonoma.

Jraice contacted me on facebook. i am not a troller, i bought the R6. NOW, you may think i dont understand the consequences of messing up on a bike like this but i truly do. theres no way ill be out there in the street without some experience. thanks for everyones 2C though!

If I had a nickel for every time...

Why'd you even post this question yesterday at 9:22PM?

If I had a nickel for every time...

Why'd you even post this question yesterday at 9:22PM?

we all want some support for our bad decisions to lessen our guilt ?

DONT KNOWWwwwwww

but OH well!

OP - RIDE SAFE.

we all want some support for our bad decisions to lessen our guilt ?

Yeah, that's usually the case when new riders ask what bike to get. They already know the answer they just want to hear how cool we think their choices are :rolleyes

Yeah, that's usually the case when new riders ask what bike to get. They already know the answer they just want to hear how cool we think their choices are :rolleyes

i was in the same mode before.

had my mind set on a 600, thinking i'd take it easy, etc.

asked around on forums, and people all said 250 this 250 that. blah blah. but i still didnt change my mind. i was like.."who the fuck are they? they dont know how careful i will be"

through all the flames, i just wanted to see 1 person say " go for it, dont mind these other people." so i can feel better about my decision.

but the thing is, all of us have gone through the beginning/first bike experience. and we know exactly what a beginner will do with a sports bike.
take it easy for a few days/week to get some confidence. and go apeshit until u get a reality check

Jraice contacted me on facebook. i am not a troller, i bought the R6. NOW, you may think i dont understand the consequences of messing up on a bike like this but i truly do. theres no way ill be out there in the street without some experience. thanks for everyones 2C though!

Listen, kid, check this out:

9caa926ee895d37fbb43d6af5d8623ac.png

Does that mean anything to you? No. In fact, without years of study, you'll never actually understand that. I can tell you that it's the integral form of Gauss' Law, and it deals with electric charge and magnetic fields, and I might even get you to understand how it's useful, but you'll never actually understand it. It will be years before you really, intuitively grasp its meaning.

All of the advice here is like that. You literally do not have the foundation to understand the truth that has been handed to you. In fact, you don't even have the mental context to see it as the truth that it is.

But hey, ride safe. And take Moike up on his offer.

Ahh, so where are you going to be getting the experience? Got some trackdays planned? :thumbup

Why just an R6????

I think you should go for the R1 instead but that's just my opinion..

I know another High Schooler that did... and may he rest in peace..

Sigh.

Round 2.

Bro, get yourself some full leathers and come on out to the track. You didn't spend all your money on that bike, did you? You'll probably need parental permission or whatever, be sure to call it a "training facility" rather than a race track. Because you'll learn a hell of a lot more out there than you will on the streets.

NOW, you may think i dont understand the consequences of messing up on a bike like this but i truly do.

Noooo, you dooooon't!

Sigh.

Round 2.

Bro, get yourself some full leathers and come on out to the track. You didn't spend all your money on that bike, did you? You'll probably need parental permission or whatever, be sure to call it a "training facility" rather than a race track. Because you'll learn a hell of a lot more out there than you will on the streets.

And take the MSF, and the Lee Parks Total Control Clinic, and the Alameda Sheriffs course, and the Mystery School, and... :laughing

Since you've Gone And Done It, you have to promise not to hide, and post full details of any slips/mishaps/drops, or tree decorating you do with the bike. We'll promise not to say we told you so. :teeth

Well, in that case:
Be Careful
Be Smart
Have Fun!
:thumbup

My first street bike was a 600. But they were quite a bit slower then.

The R6 is a girl's bike anyway... :x

BTW: Is your mom hawt..? :teeth

Last edited:
Ahh, so where are you going to be getting the experience? Got some trackdays planned? :thumbup

My exact thought... why buy the R6 if you don't plan to ride it on the street right away?

OP, I didn't realize you had purchased the bike. Lets def get some riding in ASAP, especially now that you're are on the big bike.

Also, I really hope you're wearing more than your facebook profile picture when you ride that thing.

There may be some hope though... He also had a picture of him catching way more air than you'll see me doing on a dirt bike out at Hollister. Hopefully he has a good dirt foundation. If thats the case, him starting on an R6 is not much different than my start on one, although I still thought it was too much bike for me and still think at the time it was.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-16 at 3.50.58 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-05-16 at 3.50.58 PM.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 879
NOW, you may think i dont understand the consequences of messing up on a bike like this but i truly do. theres no way ill be out there in the street without some experience.

:rolleyes

Looking back now at the age of 35, I'm glad that my father didn't put up with this kind nonsense when I was 15. It took me a long time to understand why he was so hard on me, and I completely resented him for it, but he kept me alive when I was too stupid to make intelligent decisions for myself.

Thanks, Dad. You were right.

My exact thought... why buy the R6 if you don't plan to ride it on the street right away?

OP, I didn't realize you had purchased the bike. Lets def get some riding in ASAP, especially now that you're are on the big bike.

Also, I really hope you're wearing more than your facebook profile picture when you ride that thing.

There may be some hope though... He also had a picture of him catching way more air than you'll see me doing on a dirt bike out at Hollister. Hopefully he has a good dirt foundation. If thats the case, him starting on an R6 is not much different than my start on one, although I still thought it was too much bike for me and still think at the time it was.

nice bike.i jelly

Last edited:
BTW if you keep drinking that $hit you'll rot your :teeth

TT

Last edited:
Get the R6 since you already drank the Koolaid. BTW if you keep drinking that $hit you'll rot your :teeth

TT

He already bought it and the Kool-Aid is all finished..! Read above.^^^^ :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back