• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

YOUNG RIDER HERE IN NEED OF HELP! :)

Which bike..?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You people need to get out of here with your common sense..! :x

how about a dirt bike first?

Jraice said the kid has pics doing big jumps at Holister.

I don't know, seeing the pic, the kid appears to be GIANT for a 15 year old. If he can wring out a 250 or 450 MX bike he can most likely handle and respect an R6, in my opinion. Might be a better rider than most street newbs, and even some will ever be. How many dudes on barf are bombing big jumps?

The only worries are the complete lack of traffic understanding/knowledge, and just the being a young man part, which is dangerous any way you cut it.

how about a dirt bike first?

kid already bought the bike.

not only did he not listen to people on getting a non supersport bike, but he didnt even listen to the people nice enough to give him an objective take on the bikes he listed. thats why i could care less about being nice to this kid. he didnt come here for an opinion, he came for validation, and when he didnt get it he threw a little rich snob(brat) fit and did what he was going to do anyways.

Jraice said the kid has pics doing big jumps at Holister.

I don't know, seeing the pic, the kid appears to be GIANT for a 15 year old. If he can wring out a 250 or 450 MX bike he can most likely handle and respect an R6, in my opinion. Might be a better rider than most street newbs, and even some will ever be. How many dudes on barf are bombing big jumps?

The only worries are the complete lack of traffic understanding/knowledge, and just the being a young man part, which is dangerous any way you cut it.

Doesn't matter. The dangerous part of a motorcycle isn't the throttle, or the brakes, or anything else...it's the lack of judgment about when to use what. Unfortunately, your brain as a teenager is basically testosterone soup. Hope the OP keeps his bike where it belongs, on the track, and keeps it relatively safe and sane on his 250 in the meantime. Hell, at 21 I had the skills to ride a literbike properly and that was part of the problem...I rode a literbike properly on the street. The judgment didn't kick in till a few years later, I just got lucky that I didn't kill myself or yard sale a bike.

Nothing personal against this kid whatsoever, he is not even sixteen yet but seems to be fairly well spoken anyway, it's just that modern bikes are so much fun and temptation. My first streetbike at 17 was a 1972 Yamaha XS-2 650 with about 50 hp. That was plenty, actually still is. Motorcycles have evolved at a MUCH faster rate than humans. And I remember at age 25 having an epiphany that the last 8 years of street riding I had been riding around clueless and lucky. Like I had just opened my eyes at 25. A 15 1/2 yo on an R6 is scary. Any 15 1/2 yo.

anybody noticed how much we sound like our parents did :cry

At least the OP will not have this revelation when he is our age.

i think you are giving this kid too much credit, if i am understanding you correctly. after all he did completely ignore everything everyone on here has said about anything, threw a fit, and in the end did exactly what he was looking for validation for anyways. sounds like a dumb teenager to me that does not believe a single word of wisdom thrown his way, just like the rest of us were.

Hey OP, what gear do you have and how often do you use it?

And out of curiosity, how much is your insurance per year? And who are you insured with? (I'm just wondering what companies will cover you.)

Last edited:
Im not going to argue about your age and motorcycle choice.
I have a 2007 R6 with 31k+ miles on it, with no issues.
The second bike seems like the better deal.

What? No GSXR 1000 option?????? Busa is a good 2nd option. Any liter bike is also a good back up.

I got mopped by a one hell of a talented man on a stock Ninja 250....... I've got 13 years of street riding down and currently on a 1098....... I'd go Ninja 250

I REALLY want a Ninja 250, it looks REALLY fun to flog around

Is your mom's 250 a Ninja? Can she come out to play?

Last edited:
Found the OP on facebook, he goes to the high school right next to my home (where I graduated from in 10'). Going to try and get a ride in sometime this soon. I gave him my 2 cents on starting with a 250R.

So you're 18, maybe 19 and riding a Buell XB12?

That's going to be one hell of a task persuading a guy just 3 years younger than you that he needs a 250.

An R6 will smoke a Sportster engined Buell. Just sayin...

Where's that article about the Riverside 16 year old riding his R1 into the girl's locker room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back