• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

BARF Jam: Saturday, January 14th, 7 p.m.

I have to go to work. You can resume talking about me now. :laughing

I am still learning the lick for Strikes Twice and it'll be a while before I've got it at speed. Last Nite is a great tune and we could cover it if someone can play the bass line. It works a little better with keyboard (or second guitar) but he made it work as a trio.

The Strat with a phaser was a good sound for that.

Who is the artist on these tunes? I'll check out the bass lines...and if anybody is down with some Yes, RHCP, Rush, Specials, Eagles, etc...let me know!:teeth

Who is the artist on these tunes? I'll check out the bass lines...and if anybody is down with some Yes, RHCP, Rush, Specials, Eagles, etc...let me know!:teeth

Larry Carlton is the artist on the tunes mentioned above. BanjoBoy's post in this thread covers the easier one, "Last Nite."

Larry Carlton is the artist on the tunes mentioned above. BanjoBoy's post in this thread covers the easier one, "Last Nite."

Ahh, LC...I just learned he left Fourplay.

Well if yOur in, I have to smoke a stogie withcha. I should probably invest in a rig with 12ax7s and 6l6gc's since I did not get the Peavey6505 for Xmas. Still working with a line6 spider 2 amp.

Yes, you do need to get tubes. :D I'll bring the cigars. :thumbup

Ahh, LC...I just learned he left Fourplay.
I've bean a big fan of Mr. Carlton since his early dayz as the only white dude in the Jazz Crusaders, to Steely Dan and his "solo" years (Mr. 335, Strikes Twice, Sleepwalk, Live in Japan, and Last night. :drool) A lot of his shit still gives me goose bumps! And even though Ritenour is another one of my favorite guitarist, I haven't kept up with four play much. :dunno

Here Mikey, I don't want you to feel left out or get bored. :teeth

[youtube]DUHC3BvpDh0[/youtube]

I kinda followed Nathan East, bassist for Fourplay, he was a big studio name back in the '80's for a lot of the r&b artist back in then, so the whole Fourplay collaboration with those names was obviously gonna be a hit, they have Chuck Loeb on strings now...should be interesting

most likely in after visiting Marin Civic Center earlier in the day. Will bring a guitar and a rig to play it on.

I'm old and fat, too. In truth, it's BECAUSE I'm old that I know the stupid game from which that meme came. How is it that I've been gaming for over 30 years and I still get smoked by 7 year-olds whenever I actually venture online to play.

Damn you're old.

:p

Well, I guess it's time for new tubes. Luckily they seem cheaper than the last time I retubed almost twenty years ago. :D

Well, I guess it's time for new tubes. Luckily they seem cheaper than the last time I retubed almost twenty years ago. :D

I need to retube my amp, where are you getting the work done?

I need to retube my amp, where are you getting the work done?

They are just preamp tubes, so just plugging them in myself. Buying some Tungsol AX7s off of Amazon. Last time I did it was in Santa Barbara for the power tubes, getting them biased made a big difference. Now they sell matched sets for power tubes so not sure if the biasing is as needed, maybe someone more informed can pitch in.

Last edited:
Back