• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

BBQ Bake Sale Fundraiser ~ Sat, June 25th 2011 Concord

Skipping this weekend's Hell Trackday up at Thunderhill, so I should be able to stay awhile. :)

Damn! almost missed this. I can't bake for crap but will contribute. Hope to be able to make it :)

Connie, cool, bring some scones or something to sell :thumbup

As well as cash of course to buy stuff :p

About the yorkshires though, afraid no can do. This shindig has taken off and as of now I think there are approx 55 people planning on attending. Not that I am complaining but I think I have enough on me 'ands without attempting to make puds. Another time, don't worry

Hooli, glad to see you will make it over, tis always good to see you

krongsak, pm'd addy :thumbup

and as usual, the garden is *finally* ready. Well, except for them light things I need. After that if we aint got it we don't sodding need it. Even if we want it, tough shit :rofl

Really excited! Thx for deciding come Hooli, dont know how you gave up a track day:) Once again thank you Wendy. This is a truly wonderful thing you have done for me. You will be repayed someday somehow, that I promise.

Will there be a lingere show?

i'm out. the oregon trip is back on.

take pics, and DAMMIT I WANTED TO EAT BBQ AND CAKES AND PIES AND COOKIES AND SCONES AND.........:mad

I won't be able to attend Saturday, but I can donate a couple of pairs of gently used Draggin' Jeans (Kevlar lined) for the cause. Is there a place in SF where I can drop them off? Send me a PM.

--cindy

Hey, Cindy.

Long time no see. I trust all's well.

I'm in SOMA/South Beach, if you want to drop the jeans off. I'll take them to the bake sale.

Marc.

PG, if you think you can stand the sight of me in me granny panties under me moo moo, with me 'at of course, you are more than welcome to check it out

It's gonna cost ya though :twofinger

Cynner, thanks for your donation and Marc for collecting to get them to Gwynne on Saturday :thumbup

Adam dear boy, you have no idea what you have let yourself in for, let me give you the rundown:

I am a crotchety old lady who is close to typing and printing up a list of rules to be handed out to the attendees :rofl (I'm not actually joking on this one :p)

You will be surrounded by a bunch of middle aged women, wearing moo moos or turtle necks, or both if we are feeling really old. They will fuss over you and fart around so much that you will be beggin yo momma to take you home within an hour :)

There will be too many men, all bench racing and yacking on about how fast they are at the track, or slow, and all of them will be shouting the loudest to be heard

There's one old lady who drinks fizzy wine, from a can, with its own bendy straw, and after she has had three or more she gets daft :loco (I won't tell you who it is, you'll have to look out for her, you can't miss her but please to be avoiding her at all costs ;))

So there, you sure you still want to attend :rofl

Payback is not needed, just pay it forward. Everyone :)

are we there yet

:party :party

Shit Kev, sorry to hear it :(

Don't know, depends on if they have your size or not.

:twofinger

:laughing

You be nice to my PG. :x

Okay, I officially suck, HARD, and here's why: I leave town on a redeye Friday. I'm not sure I will have time to bake anything :thumbdown but I will donate $$$ :thumbup and I will continue to deliver licorice to Adam as requested. :teeth

Adam, I owe you a pie or some cupcakes for your personal consumption. I apologize for FAILING on this. :cry

not a fail, no worries :thumbup

there are are always times when we can't deliver as promised, or expected. You are doing what you can with what you have. And at least you fess up to it, and are doing other things that I am sure bring a smile to Adam's face, so don't worry

On a daft note, who here has seen Meet Joe Black?

Well, the daughter who is organizing the birthday party, remember her, well I have turned in to her :rofl

Only problem is she had champagne tastes on a champagne budget. I have champagne tastes on a beer budget :x :p

s'all good, can't wait for Friday, day off work, costco, cleaning, and as much prep as is appropriate for the foods

John continues to work late every night this week. Methinks he is smart to avoid the "this umbrella or that umbrella" question

and the "here or there" questions

Bless him :love

Wendy, PM responded.

Please let me know if you have any other matters that I can help with.

Good on you.:ride

Haven't read the whole thread, but can I bring cookies for the bake sale? If so, how many? Should I package them into smaller bundles or what? Planning on showing up about 1:30 with a few other fgt-mods. I will be wearing lingerie, but it'll be hidden under about 25 lbs. of gear and probably a few cookies. :p

Methinks it'd be great to remind folks to bring their own Tupperware and/or Zip-Lock bags to take home the purchased goodies. :drool

Those that bring yummy donations can reuse their containers, but some will be arriving only with full wallet$...

Can't wait to see/meet everyone! :wave Adam!!

:teeth
Yana:banana

Will there be cat juggling?

Will there be cat juggling?

I have kittens but shall leave them home, safe, away from you!

Reality check!!!!!!

Wendy do we need an official roster as to who is bringing what? I almost have a couple of local bakeries talked into donating pies and cakes.

Also do you need tables or what not? I don't have anything but I can muster up whatever you need.

I might tackle making some bacon brittle for all those bacon lovers who'll pay any price for a new bacon experience. That, and something ridiculously chocolately too, like stupid chocolately........

Back