• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

This one?

picture.php

Yep
Looks like it

Attachments

• 2D2E9C27-586D-4226-BF0C-917D3D5D4F50.jpg
    2D2E9C27-586D-4226-BF0C-917D3D5D4F50.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 305
There was some full CF NSX with tons of aero at the car show. Is that a special edition street available model or just a track prepared challenge car?

It was at SEMA earlier this month. The NSX GT3. Not street legal. But it actually can be purchased upon “approval” from Honda. Figure about half a million or so. Shares the same space frame as the road car with some extra reinforcements, and the roll cage as well. Rear drive only, none of the hybrid equipment from the road car, but it’s the same 3.5L twin turbo in the road car except this one puts out 600hp.

Read on a forum that 60% of porsche revenue comes from SUV sales. Not sure if that's true or not, but that's just wrong if it is factual.

I’m sure it’s coming. Take a page out of Porsche’s book. Less content, but more “raw” and make it cost 40% more than the standard car.

Well, the GT2 RS is 1/3 the price of the 918, lighter, simpler and faster.

Granted, a non hybrid NSX isn’t going to be 1/3 the regular car, but dropping several hunnert pounds, making it a little more raw might make for an interesting ride.

Read on a forum that 60% of porsche revenue comes from SUV sales. Not sure if that's true or not, but that's just wrong if it is factual.

The SUV is the reason they are able to pour so much money into R&D to bring out the cool stuff.
I honestly thing 60% might be a bit conservative.

I remember reading that Porsche took a hit in the JD Power rankings when the Cayenne came out because the primary customers were women. Porsche chalked it up to women having different expectations and not being familiar with the brand.

I guess in other words they had a bunch of new customers they didn’t expect.

I thought they made all their money from t-shirt sales.

i just dont know how someone can go to a porsche dealership and tell the salesman that theyre there to look at the SUV's

even women...why

Well, the GT2 RS is 1/3 the price of the 918, lighter, simpler and faster.

Granted, a non hybrid NSX isn’t going to be 1/3 the regular car, but dropping several hunnert pounds, making it a little more raw might make for an interesting ride.

I was thinking the Turbo versus the 911R.

Anyways. If we drop all the hybrid crap, that’ll probably shed 6-700 pounds. Plus further lightweight stuff like swapping all the body panels for carbon, manual seats, A/C delete, etc, and we get the curb weight down to 3100. Plus, since it’s actually a Cossie under the hatch back there, we ramp up the boost (because the 16psi the snails are pushing now is pretty tame) and get the output over 600. Put a big giant sandwich table wing on the back (made of carbon as well of course) and maybe side dive planes up front. And we’ll call it.....Type-R! MSRP-$250k. Bet we’d sell more than the standard car.

i just dont know how someone can go to a porsche dealership and tell the salesman that theyre there to look at the SUV's

even women...why

We did it a few months ago.

So glad she got sticker shocked at just how absurd Porsche can get with the options. Crazy ass dealer had a Macan on the showroom floor that stickered over $100k because they had so many options ordered on it.

Even though it’s kinda sorta the same car, I’m glad she went with the Audi instead of getting a damn Porsche SUV.

even women...why

Dude SUV's are awesome. A sportscar is cool but for the real world an suv is more comfortable and practical, lots of elbow room.
BMW X5M though. Porsche tries to make everything look like a 911 and as a result the Cayenne styling suffers.

Back