• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

I wonder if Foose likes this kind of shit or if he just attracts customers with really bad taste, and in the end the money talks and he builds them their dream abomination.
I know as a builder you have to have a style and be different to stand out, but, gawddamn :barf

Foose has made money hand over fist over the years. Someone is buying his stuff. He's like OCC for cars.

For fuck sake just buy a damn mini van.

I cant imagine having a "pick up truck" i couldnt haul a dirtbike with.

That abortion better include free mullet cuts for life from your local ford tech.

I have a truck with a shell and having the shell makes it way more useful on a day to day basis. I have dirtbikes, which I carry on a carrier so I can keep the shell on. If I get in a bind and need the truck to be an actual truck, pop the shell of and viola.

I can see the appeal on those fastback shells. If me, I like the extra space of a full shell, so one of those won't work for me.

thsi isn't the first time ford has made a truck that can't really be a truck. last i remember it was called a Lincoln Blackwood.

814904930.jpg

much hyped on introduction, and much maligned by the press at the time.

i cant' recall which publication, but one article i read quipped somthing like this:
"a truck aimed at the equestrian set, that can't pull a trailer" (due to load restrictions.

the new york times, in a quest to deliver hard hitting news, did a retrospective article 5 years ago All Fancy Hat, No Horse

referencing it's original review "here we have a pickup that won't pick up

keep on going ford.... at least you didn't take that gov't cheese a few years back :laughing

I had a Leer cap on my F250 for a while. It was nice to be able to put the dogs in the back and not have to tie them down or stuff them into crates. It was also nice to be able to put luggage/cargo back there without worrying about the weather.

Truck caps are removable, so during race/track season I would take it off and it sat on the floor in my garage. Then I could haul bikes with no issues . It took about 5 minutes to remove since it’s just held on by 6 bolt clamps.

:dunno

Ford didn't make the cap. :|

It's not like a Blackwood at all...which was a bad idea at the time.

More similar to the blackwood than not it think, doesn't matter that ford didnt make the lid for the blackwood. they are both trucks from the factory with a shell on the bed that kind of makes them not a truck.

My brother inlaw has a 2001 ford lightning and always borrows my little dodge ram 50 because he's too lazy to take the tonneau off his :laughing

I'm not talking about the lid on the Blackwood. They obviously did make that. I'm talking about that "Lobo F-150"-inspired louvered abomination of a truck cap. That's not a Ford accessory.

There's nothing wrong with a tonneau cover. My last work truck had one because I carried over $10,000 of product and tools on me at any given time. You have to be able to actually secure it. It took Kelly and I five minutes to take the thing off if I needed the bed for bigger items. That's not a big deal at all. :dunno

On topic (sort of), I miss my old faked Lightning...

478506_4540520544879_915590767_o.jpg

400957_2619957051992_2037672597_n.jpg

Here's something a little different. Recently, I've been researching wood gas. For those not familiar, wood gas is a fuel you can get by burning/heating wood and other organic materials in an oxygen depleted or restricted environment. With a bit of processing, it can be used in normal internal combustion engines. It was used around WW2, when gasoline and diesel were scarce. Now, there seems to be some implementation of it in such hotspots of creativity as North Korea and remote regions of China and Siberia. Apart from that, there are some tinkerers, who do it for fun and to get off the grid. I really dig this guy's project:
[YOUTUBE]X3KipK49v7g[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Back