• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

i got to sit in w8. really cool car. i guess they only made 1 in yellow from the factory(owner claimed) dude lives somewhere in the bay area or the car used to be out there. weird interior set up. gear shift on the left on the floor.

bh3tvganfuojnpkrduvo.png

That’s a very red “yellow”...

I am not a car guy but when I saw this on the Grand Tour it really caught my eye

new-2019-aston_martin-vantage-coupe-8858-18349516-6-1024.jpg

new-2019-aston_martin-vantage-coupe-8858-18478326-3-1024.jpg

Well it wasnt that exact one:twofinger I don't know how to get pics off a razr phone from 10 years ago lol

Why are you still using a razr?

Prolly got a pager too...

:laughing

I think I remember seeing a poster that it would do 250mph.
LOL
I had a poster of one.

Think I might have had a Vector or something that looked a lot like it on my Trapper Keeper way back in the day.

Diablo > Countach :x

Diablo VT was a proper car worthy of worship back then. Hell, I’d still rock a Diablo over a Murcilago.

The Countach today is a hilariously unreliable car to own and I wouldn’t touch one with a 10 foot pole. But it was quite the icon. They needed a win after the not so well received (but highly desired today) Miura. And they got it. The design is a little funky which is why the Diablo works better for me. But considering the Countach came from the mid 70’s...a time where just about every car was a dumpster fire? The Countach will be the a big section in the automotive history books.

Sledgehammer was a one off. Though it held the title of fastest street legal car for a long time. And still holds the track speed record even today at TRC.

Fastest production cars in the 80’s were Porsches. Though calling the Ruf CTR a production car is a little subjective.

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]/DRnGeGpmYZY[/YOUTUBE]

Speaking of '80s, ever seen one of these?

Sledgehammer was a one off. Though it held the title of fastest street legal car for a long time. And still holds the track speed record even today at TRC.

Fastest production cars in the 80’s were Porsches. Though calling the Ruf CTR a production car is a little subjective.

True about the Sledgehammer, but the regular Calloways were dealer-ordered and factory warrantied, to my knowledge.

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]/DRnGeGpmYZY[/YOUTUBE]

Speaking of '80s, ever seen one of these?

Wow, that was super cool! Never heard of the thing. Not the best looking, like a fiero and a pantera made a baby during a period of heavy drinking, but nonetheless...that's a really cool car.

Don’t forget the Grand National GNX, it was the fastest production car in 86. 4.9 sec 0-60 and 12 sec 1/4 mile.

True about the Sledgehammer, but the regular Calloways were dealer-ordered and factory warrantied, to my knowledge.

They were. Regular Production Option B2K. Just like other GM RPO codes, Z71, WS6, ZR1, etc. I wanna say they were good for...160mph without the Aerobody. But those Ruf Porsches (and Ruf was considered a “manufacturer” just like Callaway was) were way faster, though very rare and horrifyingly unreliable.

Wow, that was super cool! Never heard of the thing. Not the best looking, like a fiero and a pantera made a baby during a period of heavy drinking, but nonetheless...that's a really cool car.

First few seconds of that video I thought it might’ve been a Fiero conversion. But I guess it started as a Firebird. Kinda like how they made the Knight Rider car.

Fun fact. The Firebird could actually be ordered from the dealer with that notchback instead of the glass hatch. Very rare car since hardly anyone knew about it.

Back