• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Just saw the Doug DeMuro review of the new one.

He states that this year will be the last for all V's.

There is a very limited CT6-V coming. It will have the new “Blackwing” 4.2L twin turbo V8. This, of course is probably a derivative of the new engine on deck for the C8 Corvette.

The New York International Auto Show starts on Friday and press previews are already happening. Hope something exciting debuts.

That RUF isn't just "tail happy" its unstable under power to the point that its just slow. Pretty much a master class in how ruin a great package with too much HP and inadequate chassis upgrades. :wow

not exactly. yellowbird was built to be one of the fastest vehicles in the world. as such it's based on a "regular" 911 of the day, instead of the wider "turbo" body to reduce drag which gives up some of the room needed for tires. outright speed is often at odds with navigating a road course quickly

you're also watching that video 32 years after it was built, and 30 years after it was finally put on the nurburgring where despite being a handful it held an unofficial record on the track for a while according to the wikipedia article.

i'd agree it's using the wrong tool for the task, but i don't think they ruined it at all. put that thing on the autobahn where none of the curves are all that tight and all the engineering choices would shine as long as the light is also 32 years old

all the engineering choices would shine as long as the light is also 32 years old

Yup. I drove one of these back in the very late 80s, and (knowing the handling characteristics of 911 platform :teeth) this thing put a HUGE smile on my face, and that was from a probably ~6 mile run out and back on 280, back when the road conditions were much better than they are now. There are much better cars nowadays, but it was amazing in it's day.

That RUF isn't just "tail happy" its unstable under power to the point that its just slow. Pretty much a master class in how ruin a great package with too much HP and inadequate chassis upgrades. :wow

Wow, I've seen lumberjacks that didn't have to saw that hard. Looks exhausting to drive.

The New York International Auto Show starts on Friday and press previews are already happening. Hope something exciting debuts.

Nothing truly spectacular yet; a new Highlander, a new Outback, revised Jag XE, special edition Alfa's, and the Chiron for the 1% of the 1%...

https://www.carscoops.com/tag/new-york-auto-show/

While I'm not a huge fan of the current 370Z, I kinda like the 50th Anniversary paint scheme.

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/04/2...ce-with-new-anniversary-edition/#lg=1&slide=2

7.jpg

LHD. gonna cost you though. guy quoted my friend 80 grand.....i'd rather have a built el camino

Nothing truly spectacular yet; a new Highlander, a new Outback, revised Jag XE, special edition Alfa's, and the Chiron for the 1% of the 1%...

https://www.carscoops.com/tag/new-york-auto-show/

While I'm not a huge fan of the current 370Z, I kinda like the 50th Anniversary paint scheme.

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/04/2...ce-with-new-anniversary-edition/#lg=1&slide=2

While that paint scheme really helps the 370Z, maybe they shouldn't have parked it so close to a really great design like the 240Z.

I've seen some pics of the new Outback. Subaru is following the "Just don't screw it up" rule for their breadwinner.

I've seen some pics of the new Outback. Subaru is following the "Just don't screw it up" rule for their breadwinner.

Toyota did not follow that rule with the 2020 Highlander...

Attachments

• Capture 2020 highlander.JPG
    Capture 2020 highlander.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 91
To me the roof line just doesn't look right on the newer gen Z vs the original.
I would have hoped that would be addressed. :(

Incredible lack of storage in those 370Z's
I thought I might want one as a play toy but between it and a motorcycle one of them wouldn't be getting much use. It didn't make sense to waste the $$$

Speaking of the NY show...

I’m a little curious as to what the reaction to this is, though I’m pretty certain I know what 100% of it already is. American Honda will be showing the PMC Editions of the Acura MDX and TLX. What’s PMC? The Performance Manufacturing Center is where the NSX is more or less hand assembled and it’s body is painted with a much more involved process than a typical mass produced vehicle. There are hardly any robots except for frame welding for the NSX, which is irrelevant since the MDX and TLX will arrive there as a body in white. So anyways. Here is the TLX...

2020-acura-tlx-pmc-edition.jpg

They only come in this color, Valencia Red Pearl. It is a PPG Andaro paint process that is 10 stages. On the NSX this is a $6000 option. So the gist of it is, that you take a TLX or MDX A-Spec, go gloss black on the roof, wheels, and door handles, put a ### out of 360 plaque inside, spray it with a super fancy paint...and make it about $5k more. All the while, we have all new generations of both of those models slated to be on sale in less than a year. Any takers?

Yup. I drove one of these back in the very late 80s, and (knowing the handling characteristics of 911 platform :teeth) this thing put a HUGE smile on my face, and that was from a probably ~6 mile run out and back on 280, back when the road conditions were much better than they are now. There are much better cars nowadays, but it was amazing in it's day.

I have to disagree, even "32 years ago" we had a highly developed understanding of vehicle chassis dynamics. There were multiple other vehicles that could actually use the available power out of a corner. Just for starters, all of the AWD rally cars and all of the BTCCs could apply 500HP to the ground far more effectively.

In racing, smooth is fast. Having to saw away at the wheel on every corner exit may be fun or even good for a drift car, but you are unlikely to win championships with it.

I like the color....

Oh sure it’s an awesome paint job. Here’s where the color came from....

acura-tlx_100697912_l.jpg

But my point is, well here’s what’s currently available...

eca45d28686bbf6a79fd0fca05f2c0ef.jpg

It’s a brighter red metallic and it’s not the aviation grade super reflective 10 stage paint. But the car is going into its last year of its life cycle. Incentives are strong. MSRP for the AWD version is a little over $45k. Currently can be had for high $30s. This isn’t some quarter million dollar 911 with bespoke paint. This is an overglorified Accord, with a 25% premium for paint. Is anyone in the world going to pay that? My dealer will probably try to avoid getting stuck with one unless the reaction is quite a bit different from my own and what I expect everyone elses is. $500-1000 more? Ok that’s doable. But not that much more. For an outgoing model.

Back