• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

EarthRoamer-56ce0e503df78cfb37a38724.jpg

Yeah....like the same flares over the wheels, and the same humps behind the passengers. Lower it, add a few creases, chop the windshield off, and slap some bigger wheels on. :dunno

This it the kind of observation that usually comes from apathetic observers. " All motorcycles have 2 wheels, a seat, a gas tank, and some fenders. They all look the same to me...:dunno"

If when standing next to them both you still thought there was some sort of resonable compairison between a million dollar Ferrari and a Pontiac Solstice, i would have to conclude that you really dont care about the wildly obvious difference.

Ill never own a Ferrari, but i can appreciate the things that make it what it is. Drive a new top of the line Mercedes-Benz (S600 or AMG) if ever given the chance. It gives you a little of that feeling that " this thing is at a different level of quality" than your Chevy or Ford. I would also concede that lots of that difference is unnecessary in the big picture, but im a car guy and i appreciate excellence in design and engineering. Ferrari has that, Pontiac may have touched it here or there.

This it the kind of observation that usually comes from apathetic observers. " All motorcycles have 2 wheels, a seat, a gas tank, and some fenders. They all look the same to me...:dunno"

If when standing next to them both you still thought there was some sort of resonable compairison between a million dollar Ferrari and a Pontiac Solstice, i would have to conclude that you really dont care about the wildly obvious difference.

Ill never own a Ferrari, but i can appreciate the things that make it what it is. Drive a new top of the line Mercedes-Benz (S600 or AMG) if ever given the chance. It gives you a little of that feeling that " this thing is at a different level of quality" than your Chevy or Ford. I would also concede that lots of that difference is unnecessary in the big picture, but im a car guy and i appreciate excellence in design and engineering. Ferrari has that, Pontiac may have touched it here or there.

Yeah, like how a Carolina Reaper is more than a million more than a Habanero. I get that. I'll stick with Jalapeno.

If you see one out on the street and can't tell the difference between it and a Pontiac Solstice the sound of a 6.5 L V12 should one of the first clues.

Speaking of the NY show...

I’m a little curious as to what the reaction to this is, though I’m pretty certain I know what 100% of it already is. American Honda will be showing the PMC Editions of the Acura MDX and TLX. What’s PMC? The Performance Manufacturing Center is where the NSX is more or less hand assembled and it’s body is painted with a much more involved process than a typical mass produced vehicle. There are hardly any robots except for frame welding for the NSX, which is irrelevant since the MDX and TLX will arrive there as a body in white. So anyways. Here is the TLX...

2020-acura-tlx-pmc-edition.jpg

They only come in this color, Valencia Red Pearl. It is a PPG Andaro paint process that is 10 stages. On the NSX this is a $6000 option. So the gist of it is, that you take a TLX or MDX A-Spec, go gloss black on the roof, wheels, and door handles, put a ### out of 360 plaque inside, spray it with a super fancy paint...and make it about $5k more. All the while, we have all new generations of both of those models slated to be on sale in less than a year. Any takers?

A little more info regarding the paint...

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/04/what-makes-the-acura-nsxs-6000-andaro-paint-so-special/amp/

Do go-karts count?

[youtube]nst8m3-4BW0[/youtube]

Back