• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

A swing, and a miss.

The front end and headlights are too high. The rear of the car is way too busy. The move away from circular taillights was a mistake. Square exhaust tips, the same. The vents on the rear of the car are straight off a Civic.

There was almost no talk of the engine other than how they went to great efforts to make it visually attractive. No discussion about the brakes.

The GPS nose-lift is fucking awesome. The TFT / touchscreen display, not so much. Touchscreens are damn near impossible to use effectively when the car is in motion. Filling the cockpit separator grab handle with buttons, is a weird choice.

After 60 years, you'd think that there would be some sort of visual hints of the heritage of the car. It looks like this was intentionally intended to break away for the cars past.

The entire presentation was terrible. The presenters read the teleprompters very poorly. It was apparent that the audience was less than enthused. The attempted tie-in to NASA, Apollo, and the moon landing was forced and contrived.

That being said, I've always been a believer that horsepower can offset ugly. Let's see what the Z06 / ZR1 can do to offset the hp/ugly ratio.

First glance, meh, third glance, beginning to like it. A bit too many sharp edges but how do you make a mid engine V8 not look just like another? (488).

I think it looks good, like a Ferrari, and yes, the interior probably has GM rattles just pushing it onto the stage. So I guess there's nothing to complain about at the price point. But if money is a factor, aren't there a lot of current leftovers still on dealer lots? Sounds like a good bang for the buck if you still want a front engine.

Reserving judgement until I see one on the street.

You guys are just bent out of shape with Chevy deciding to drastically change the sports car you grew up loving. Civic, BRZ? Nah, the Italians have been doing those designs for decades.

RIP corvette. Long live the mighty C6 ZR1 with its shit interior.

Why not the C7 ZR1? Better interior. A one year car. Might actually be worth a few bucks when those roll across the auction blocks in 30 years.

My personal opinion? I think the C7 are a step back in looks, reliability, and performance. They have better interior though. They STILL can’t stop them from going into limp mode, DI is garbage on them, oil contamination like a mofo even with catch cans.. ZR1 are not impressive to me for the price. Will it be worth something sure. Do I care or want one? Not at all.

Why not the C7 ZR1? Better interior. A one year car. Might actually be worth a few bucks when those roll across the auction blocks in 30 years.

theres one for sale out here in roseville for 180k if you want one. didnt the guy who designed the c7 design the pontiac vibe as well? lol

Last edited:
theres one for sale out here in roseville for 180k if you want one. didnt the guy who designed the c7 design the pontiac vibe as well? lol

Who the hell is paying $180k? While you’re not getting $15k+ off like one could get on a Z06, I know I could get one for a few thousand less than sticker right now.

I think it looks good, like a Ferrari, and yes, the interior probably has GM rattles just pushing it onto the stage. So I guess there's nothing to complain about at the price point. But if money is a factor, aren't there a lot of current leftovers still on dealer lots? Sounds like a good bang for the buck if you still want a front engine.

You mean an actual Corvette, versus the new Chevy mid engine sports car?

It may be awesome, it may be necessary to stay relevant, but it's not really a Corvette anymore.

Anymore than if you put a corvair badge on a modern malibu.

Back