• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Unfortunately the interior looks GM

Bingo. I've yet to see a single vehicle of any class that GM has built past 1972 that didn't have a downright ugly and/or poorly laid out interior. And seriously, what's with that stupid panel of buttons?! :wtf :rolleyes

You guys are just bent out of shape with Chevy deciding to drastically change the sports car you grew up loving. Civic, BRZ? Nah, the Italians have been doing those designs for decades.

Pretty much. I don't think this car looks bad (on the outside) at all. But the "old guard" won't shutup about how it's not a Corvette just because it doesn't look like the previous generations. Who cares?! Maybe GM is trying to change the tide instead of drinking the Kool Aid and hoping for the best. :dunno

Bingo. I've yet to see a single vehicle of any class that GM has built past 1972 that didn't have a downright ugly and/or poorly laid out interior. And seriously, what's with that stupid panel of buttons?! :wtf :rolleyes

Pretty much. I don't think this car looks bad (on the outside) at all. But the "old guard" won't shutup about how it's not a Corvette just because it doesn't look like the previous generations. Who cares?! Maybe GM is trying to change the tide instead of drinking the Kool Aid and hoping for the best. :dunno

It's not a Vette because they made it a mid engine car. Nothing corvette about that. Like calling a 928 a 911.

This Corvette is actually referred to as the Stingray...

I read that GM's plans are to spin "Corvette" into a separate Premium (sub) brand, eventually with a sport crossover and possibly a high performance sedan.

But the "old guard" won't shutup about how it's not a Corvette just because it doesn't look like the previous generations. Who cares?! Maybe GM is trying to change the tide instead of drinking the Kool Aid and hoping for the best. :dunno

Exactly. Those same folks probably ride brand new Harleys, too. :rofl:rofl

This Corvette is actually referred to as the Stingray...

I read that GM's plans are to spin "Corvette" into a separate Premium (sub) brand, eventually with a sport crossover and possibly a high performance sedan.

Expect the C8 platform to shared by another automobile, likely Cadillac.

If we can put a man on the moon, Chevy can build a mid-engine sports car and call it a Corvette (or Stingray). Might take several decades but its OK with me.

After seeing more photos and videos, I'm really warming up to the design. Excited to see one in person.

Expect the C8 platform to shared by another automobile, likely Cadillac.

That wouldn't surprise me.

Cadillac is already destroying the reputation of the V Series name by "detuning" the new 2020 CT4-V and CT5-V because they said their customers weren't comfortable with the power. :facepalm

They are, however, promising high performance variations in the future.

Kinda stupid to name these new models "V", IMO.

I might be a little old guard. I’ve been around Corvettes for 30 years now and have been up close and personal with all the generations of the car. Hell, I bet I’m the only poster in this thread who has a lifetime membership to the Corvette Musuem in Bowling Green, KY.

When the C6 came out and they got rid of the pop up headlights which had been a Corvette signature for decades, I wasn’t happy about that one bit. But I understood the need for the change. They affect aero, plus the mechanisms are complex and heavy. When the C7 came out and they lost the round(ish) tail lights, again another Corvette tradition for decades, I wasn’t happy. But I understood why. Round, oval, or even square lights would have not gone with the C7’s aesthetic one bit.

Now we have a radical body change. Gone is Corvette’s traditional long hood. Again, I don’t like it. But I understand the change. They haven’t been able to keep the power controllable for years now with the FR layout.

A brief interlude for the BAD kind of dropping jaw.
-curb feelers
-both sides of vehicle
-~10-18 inches off the ground

:confused

Attachments

• rps20190722_104706_357.jpg
    rps20190722_104706_357.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 118
Cadillac is already destroying the reputation of the V Series name by "detuning" the new 2020 CT4-V and CT5-V because they said their customers weren't comfortable with the power. :facepalm

They are, however, promising high performance variations in the future.

Kinda stupid to name these new models "V", IMO.

lots of manufacturers do this. what was initially a performance designator ends up as a trim package

bmw m3
ford with all the mustang vanity versions (saleen, roush, etc)

there are more, i just don't feel like making a completely researched post

A brief interlude for the BAD kind of dropping jaw.
-curb feelers
-both sides of vehicle
-~10-18 inches off the ground

:confused

Looks like the owner needs to add another pointing backwards from the bumper.

Back