• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Laguna Seca will not be seeing this car anytime soon I guess.

[youtube]q7OWDSWeHV4[/youtube]

Not sure how well this approximates real life testing at the track. At LS, they're 50 feet away and it's open air, so the pressure waves are not constrained/focused. You're getting some intake and engine noise reflected back in the video as well. They also use A weighting, not sure which setting your watch uses.

If you're interested, Exclusive Track Days usually tries to have one or 2 events per season without sound limits. They have 2 on the schedule this year, subject to COVID-19 of course.

Not sure how well this approximates real life testing at the track. At LS, they're 50 feet away and it's open air, so the pressure waves are not constrained/focused. You're getting some intake and engine noise reflected back in the video as well. They also use A weighting, not sure which setting your watch uses.

If you're interested, Exclusive Track Days usually tries to have one or 2 events per season without sound limits. They have 2 on the schedule this year, subject to COVID-19 of course.

So they’re 105db from 50 feet? I might be able to pass that. Isn’t it usually 94db or something super low like that there?

I know there’s certainly louder cars than mine. It’s not like I’m straight piped here. But me standing 10-15 feet behind it was pretty damn painful.

I’m thinking of doing one of the Track Night in America events at Thunderhill in August. Debating if I want to pick up another wheel set and run Toyo R888Rs on them for stuff like that and not overwhelm the stock Pilot Super Sport runflats.

So they’re 105db from 50 feet? I might be able to pass that. Isn’t it usually 94db or something super low like that there?

I know there’s certainly louder cars than mine. It’s not like I’m straight piped here. But me standing 10-15 feet behind it was pretty damn painful.

I’m thinking of doing one of the Track Night in America events at Thunderhill in August. Debating if I want to pick up another wheel set and run Toyo R888Rs on them for stuff like that and not overwhelm the stock Pilot Super Sport runflats.

Yes, 105 dB at 50 feet. If I recall correctly, it's usually 92 dB :laughing

Yeah there’s no chance at that limit. If they were kicking stock RC51s out back in the day, that tells me all I need to know.

I've never had an issue in my early C6 Z06. I've heard that the 2009 and later C6 Z06's have issues though. The only thing different is the early ones have an H pipe and the later ones have an X pipe.

Then there are these.

Attachments

• 1969_cadillac_deville_hardtop_wagon_1590373142ff9f98764daIMG_4460-scaled.jpg
    1969_cadillac_deville_hardtop_wagon_1590373142ff9f98764daIMG_4460-scaled.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 1969_cadillac_deville_hardtop_wagon_159251140707166ec4faIMG_4514.jpg
    1969_cadillac_deville_hardtop_wagon_159251140707166ec4faIMG_4514.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Yes, 105 dB at 50 feet. If I recall correctly, it's usually 92 dB :laughing

More and more days are 90db. Many people run "laguna pipes", which are angled tips to angle the exhaust to the left, away from the sound booth. People with valved exhausts (like GT3s etc) even run special setups that use GPS to automatically close the valves when approaching the booth. Many cars have to modify or run special exhaust systems to make 90db. I had to on my last car, and will be running a special quiet dual muffler system on my next car. It's a PITA but worth it to run at Laguna.

laguna_pipe_247b9c06d5c8e83e942dc507f41bce8e39a94dac.jpg

50... wow.

I have no clue but in keeping with TV the price is right I will go 49K...Bob. :laughing

Back