• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Bronco Hype Train is boarding now.

[youtube]_4A3xjgZ4hY[/youtube]

With active coil over shocks @ the wheels, what is the red spring shock, center engine bay?

I think it's what's called a third spring. Stiffens the overall rear of the car while not increasing roll stiffness. Using made up numbers, you effectively have 2000 lb spring rate while going straight, to keep the rear end up against aero forces, and in a corner, you transition to the 1000 lb spring rate on your coilover for better mechanical grip.

JFC....and the award for over the top marketing goes to.....:rolleyes

They were all set to reveal it on the 9th, which just happens to be the birthday of the Bronco’s greatest inadvertent celebrity endorser. I’m sure that was no accident. I thought it was hilarious. And it got some traction from the various news outlets. Which of course is more free advertising and hype building.

Apparently the families of Nicole Brown it Ron Goldman got super butt hurt about that. Why? He was found innocent. He didn’t kill them...right!? Anyways, Ford caved in and changed the date. Which of course sparked some more news blurbs and is more free advertising and hype.

Honestly, this is genius level marketing on Ford’s part. Getting Lebron James to do tv commercials for Kia however many years ago that was? Now that’s over the top dumb. Nobody believes that a multimillionaire drives a fucking Kia. So much so, that they even did some kind of commercial with him going “see I really do drive one” which convinced absolutely nobody. Pretty sure Kia spent way more money on Lebron’s contract than they earned in any added sales figures.

It certainly doesn’t hurt one bit for Ford that Jeep Wranglers are still a hot seller across a wide demographic and there really isn’t any direct competitor for it. Land Rover just unveiled the new Defender and it’s lost the essence of what it’s supposed to be.

Last edited:
They were all set to reveal it on the 9th, which just happens to be the birthday of the Bronco’s greatest inadvertent celebrity endorser. I’m sure that was no accident. I thought it was hilarious. And it got some traction from the various news outlets. Which of course is more free advertising and hype building.

Apparently the families of Nicole Brown it Ron Goldman got super butt hurt about that. Why? He was found innocent. He didn’t kill them...right!? Anyways, Ford caved in and changed the date. Which of course sparked some more news blurbs and is more free advertising and hype.

Honestly, this is genius level marketing on Ford’s part. Getting Lebron James to do tv commercials for Kia however many years ago that was? Now that’s over the top dumb. Nobody believes that a multimillionaire drives a fucking Kia. So much so, that they even did some kind of commercial with him going “see I really do drive one” which convinced absolutely nobody. Pretty sure Kia spent way more money on Lebron’s contract than they earned in any added sales figures.

It certainly doesn’t hurt one bit for Ford that Jeep Wranglers are still a hot seller across a wide demographic and there really isn’t any direct competitor for it. Land Rover just unveiled the new Defender and it’s lost the essence of what it’s supposed to be.

That all makes sense. I just hate it when anything tries too hard. I love the idea of a direct wrangler competitor. (I had one. It was awful but I loved it anyway.) Ford trying that hard makes me think they are overcompensating. Which is already a thing in 4x4's and cars in general so it puts me off even more than normal. Maybe I just respond better to under promising and over delivering.

I think it's what's called a third spring. Stiffens the overall rear of the car while not increasing roll stiffness. Using made up numbers, you effectively have 2000 lb spring rate while going straight, to keep the rear end up against aero forces, and in a corner, you transition to the 1000 lb spring rate on your coilover for better mechanical grip.
Then, the same effect as the Z-bar on my 1967 VW?

That all makes sense. I just hate it when anything tries too hard. I love the idea of a direct wrangler competitor. (I had one. It was awful but I loved it anyway.) Ford trying that hard makes me think they are overcompensating. Which is already a thing in 4x4's and cars in general so it puts me off even more than normal. Maybe I just respond better to under promising and over delivering.

The Bronco is going to fall short with the engine. You can bet your ass that especially the four door version is going to be heavy AF. If they’d just put the Coyote V8 in there at least as an option, it’d be super appealing to me.

All the Ford techs I talk to say to avoid the EcoBoost like the plague.

The Bronco is going to fall short with the engine. You can bet your ass that especially the four door version is going to be heavy AF. If they’d just put the Coyote V8 in there at least as an option, it’d be super appealing to me.

So my annoying co-worker that bought a Raptor "because his LLC made too much money last year" will get his comeuppance? His racks almost flew off already.

I guess we’ll see about the Bronco but at least they didn’t completely desecrate a brand like Chevy did with the Blazer. Talk about underwhelming, unimaginative design that has nothing to do with its namesake. Might as well release a new hatchback and call it an el Camino.

What kind of issues are they seeing with the FecalBoost engines?

So my annoying co-worker that bought a Raptor "because his LLC made too much money last year" will get his comeuppance? His racks almost flew off already.

He probably will. The Ford dealer in my group seems to always have a fairly new Raptor on a rack at just about any given time getting a new engine under warranty.

I guess we’ll see about the Bronco but at least they didn’t completely desecrate a brand like Chevy did with the Blazer. Talk about underwhelming, unimaginative design that has nothing to do with its namesake. Might as well release a new hatchback and call it an el Camino.

GM has done a lot of that. They took the mighty Impala and ruined it with the front wheel drive thing they just stopped making. What’s worse than what happened with Blazer is the new Trailblazer. The last Trailblazer was pretty awesome if you got the SS (just make sure to have a great fuel rewards credit card). This new Trailblazer with the two tone roof and small body? Ugh. Reminds me when they started slapped Jeep badges on these things called Compass and Renegade or whatever.

What kind of issues are they seeing with the FecalBoost engines?

All kinds of internal engine failures. There have been surveys taken with Ford techs asking what engine they’d choose.one or two pick the Ecoboost, one goes for then new light diesel, but by an overwhelming margin they all say the 5.0 V8 is the best engine to get in a F-150.

Just locked in my order spec. Gonna be building this in about 6 months.

Attachments

• 1920_1080_3.94_0.88__7.23_DD634022-3C79-42E8-9CD3-2F13D5058006.jpg
    1920_1080_3.94_0.88__7.23_DD634022-3C79-42E8-9CD3-2F13D5058006.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Just locked in my order spec. Gonna be building this in about 6 months.
Caterham Lotus 7! Great cars. I've owned a few and loved them. I have a buddy that has a few actually Lotus 7s and let me drive 1 before. Great cars. He use to race them in the 60s/70s.
Drove the SA version and the JP version also but the Caterham is the best.

Here's a few locals. The s are from a vintage show and the Skyline a buddy is selling. The other is at one of the parking areas we do meets at. I had just sold my 4 dr GTR33 and was looking at buying my next car there.

Attachments

• 240.jpg
    240.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5625.jpg
    IMG_5625.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 66
  • skyline.jpg
    skyline.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 77
  • zcars.jpg
    zcars.jpg