• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Hopefully they made sure to include the drum brakes like they do on their $50,000 Tacomas. Because, you know, they're "better for off-road" environments. :rofl

Uncle Tony chimes in on the Drums v Disk debate. I value his perspective and it kinda proves to me that disk's belong on a pick up that may have a load and be going up and down hills a lot.

[youtube]nrw64HSB7RE[/youtube]

Drum brakes are AK of brake systems!

1st official photo...

AALcpGU.img

Not really sure of the brand. Can anybody read the name on the front?

Ooof……

Dare I say…. Mid/Late 2000s was peak truck body design?

Dodge, Chevy, Ford, and Toyota all had nice looking trucks.

Last edited:
Ferrari's first street going V-6 (albeit hybrid) since the '70's, with an estimated 800+ hp combined... the GTB296

2022-Ferrari-296-GTB-12.jpg

2022-Ferrari-296-GTB-14.jpeg

2022-Ferrari-296-GTB-19.jpg

Last edited:
McLaren Artura. Now this Ferrari.

Hmmm maybe the NSX was on the right path after all? Had so many (potential) customers that would have it rather not been a hybrid. But is seems to be the way the wind is blowing these days.

Hmmm maybe the NSX was on the right path after all? Had so many (potential) customers that would have it rather not been a hybrid. But is seems to be the way the wind is blowing these days.

Fair bet a lot of the niche sports car companies are going to be going full electric within the next 10 to 15 years, I wouldn't be surprised to see them beat some of the larger companies there.

The hybrid tech for a high end performance car is about perfect: instatorque off the corner and RPM down the straights. It's the future, IMO. Aside from that gnarly service $$ you spoke about on the NSX, I'm still looking for one @ a decent deal. They won't come back down for another 12-24 months, but hopefully they continue downward. I think they're a better value than the new Vettes.

Ferrari's first street going V-6 (albeit hybrid) since the '70's, with an estimated 800+ hp combined... the GTB296

2022-Ferrari-296-GTB-19.jpg

that is a WIDE angle V :O
intake on the outside, exhaust out the middle. so weird. i love it.

they aren't going to have a choice. once battery technology, both range and recharge speed, solve:
-i can't go far enough!!!
-it takes too long to recharge!!!

full electric will be the way. hybrid fills the battery capability gap for now

that is a WIDE angle V :O
intake on the outside, exhaust out the middle. so weird. i love it.

Reverse flow cylinder heads are freakin cool to me. I love looking at my buddy’s 6.7L Powerstroke. It’d be cooler if it didn’t take up so much of the engine bay and you could actually see it. Very interesting nonetheless.

Is it the same motor that Ferrari makes for the Alfa Q-folio? Some of the comments in that R&T link are alluding to that...

Everybody is trying to make their pickups look like semi’s.:mad

Coming from a guy that works around Class 8 trucks all day, I don't think there's any light-duty truck that looks like them anymore. Not since these...

1998-Dodge-Ram%203500%20Regular%20Cab-FrontSide_DTPUR971_506x358.jpg

The large front end is definitely in vogue right now, but having the lighting match the height of the hood isn't a very similar look to a semi.

Don't make Ratpick list his truck driving credentials.... :laughing

I seem to think theses massive front ends are related to the safety rules regarding lower bumpers since they all seem to be doing it.

I seem to think theses massive front ends are related to the safety rules regarding lower bumpers since they all seem to be doing it.

But the bumper isn’t any lower in the new Toyota than that 2nd Gen Ram. If anything it’s higher since the Ram is probably on 16” wheels and new trucks are usually 20”+.

The hood is very clearly MUCH higher though.

:dunno

Last edited:
As for that Toyota...
First thing I thought of was: "they took one of these and smashed / flattened the front and added some black paint". End result is that front end is pretty "fuggly" !!!

Attachments

• Smashed Up Yoto.jpg
    Smashed Up Yoto.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 24
Back