• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Either a 3 door GTI or new Scirocco in the US would be cool.

I for one thought they were gonna have a long-running hit on their hands with the Corrado and it failed. Seemed so right (to me) with the V-6 platform.

1994_volkswagen_corrado_2_dr_slc_hatchback-pic-58495-1600x1200.jpeg

Wow. That would actually make the Arteon relevant. What a shame we don’t get it here.

Nah, just more plastic water pump internals...

Not a BMW fan, but I'd go 2-series first. 2 door hatches are out though: Veloster, C30, GTI, etc.

I totally dig the latest Scirocco...

images

Yikes! Honda CRZ II?

I for one thought they were gonna have a long-running hit on their hands with the Corrado and it failed. Seemed so right (to me) with the V-6 platform.

1994_volkswagen_corrado_2_dr_slc_hatchback-pic-58495-1600x1200.jpeg

Back in the early 90s I worked at a restaurant and the bartender drove a new Corrado. I begged him to take me for a ride in it and after a few months he finally said yes. I think his goal was to scare the crap out of me so I wouldn’t ask him again. Boy did that backfire. Cool, quick, well handling little car. That and the Buick GNX my uncle had were two of my most favorite cars growing up.

I had a VR6 Corrado.

Attachments

• 49544461-EEAB-43C8-967E-806591631D24.jpg
    49544461-EEAB-43C8-967E-806591631D24.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 40
I had a VR6 Corrado.

Cool so they were loved cars for the most part. I scoped buying a new one at the time and I remember the leather interior was super nice. Rumor I heard was same source as Lambo leather and this was well before the acquisition. Might be a fun build car.

A Gathering on Ham

Grandview Restaurant, yesterday. Two McLarens, Lambo SUV, a Lotus, couple Porsches, a stupid benz SUV (the windshield is FLAT), few Mazers, a lot of Ferraris, and a new Vette.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 43
Low profile tires on any off road vehicle is quite possibly the dumbest thing ever.

I look at G wagons the same way I do Range Rovers in that I'm fairly certain that 99.8% of people that buy them will never turn off a paved road. In that light, who cares what the wheels (yes, wheels...not "rims" #grammarpolice) and tires are setup like? :dunno

I see Urus’s locally and if I were a baller it would be on my list of possible daily drivers. Thing looks pretty sweet in the flesh.

I see Urus’s locally and if I were a baller it would be on my list of possible daily drivers. Thing looks pretty sweet in the flesh.

Urus is strictly a flex piece. That’s why just about all of them are in loud colors. You can save over a hundred grand by getting a Cayenne Turbo S. It’s just as fast. Or the Turbo S e-hybrid would be even better…that thing can go 20+ miles on EV power. Or just mash your foot down and smoke just about anything lesser than a Hellcat.

I look at G wagons the same way I do Range Rovers in that I'm fairly certain that 99.8% of people that buy them will never turn off a paved road. In that light, who cares what the wheels (yes, wheels...not "rims" #grammarpolice) and tires are setup like? :dunno

Almost every G Wagen I see is piloted by a suburban housewife on her way to yoga or kids' soccer.

Urus is strictly a flex piece. That’s why just about all of them are in loud colors. You can save over a hundred grand by getting a Cayenne Turbo S. It’s just as fast. Or the Turbo S e-hybrid would be even better…that thing can go 20+ miles on EV power. Or just mash your foot down and smoke just about anything lesser than a Hellcat.

Yep strictly a flex piece and for that the Cayenne is simply too ugly. It’s like a 4 on the looks scale where the Urus is an 8.
For that type of vehicle it wouldn’t matter to me which one is faster but I suspect the Urus can hold its own when it comes to handling. Of course speaking as someone who knows nothing more than what they look like.

Back