• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Wow! I was just talking out my ass. I'm surprised the price points are so close. Im not passing judgement on either care I just expected the Lex to be much more expensive.

Because it’s not the IS-F. It’s just IS500.

Spiritually, it probably it the new IS-F, but they had some trouble selling those at the price point they used to be at.

it can be for you. it's still an estate to me, just needs some wood panel stickers
-1x-1.jpg

If there’s a LT1 in there, I’d rock it.

it can be for you. it's still an estate to me

So you're a bit of a purist it seems. But not that much of a purist. :laughing

Wikipedia said:
Shooting brake is a car body style which originated in the 1890s as a horse-​drawn wagon used to transport shooting parties with their equipment and game.

I thought G70 is pushing $55k, while IS500 is estimated to be around $60k. And I assume the Lex will be significantly more reliable long term.

The G70 starts at $37k. The 3.3T fun version is $43k. The IS500 is rumored to start at $60k with a NA V8, so I'm sure they're not targeting the same market. However, Toyota/Lexus continues to use that hideous front end grill pattern that says, "Look at me, I'm a Camry, no, I'm a Venza, no, I'm every Lexus!"

I have no doubt the Lexus will be reliable but Hyundai has stepped up the reliability game by spades since the original Excel. I wouldn't worry.

it can be for you. it's still an estate to me, just needs some wood panel stickers
-1x-1.jpg

Exactly what I learned to drive in and was carpooled for 8+ years. First family wagon was a Pontiac something then we got this boat. Man it was awesome!

I'd love to get one and update the inside with better audio and maybe motor stuff as long as miles were decent.

So you're a bit of a purist it seems. But not that much of a purist. :laughing

WELLYEAH, duh

wikipedia ain't all that correct either. a shooting brake only needed 2 doors because it was transporting the GUNS and the driver was the guy that took care of the guns. the shooters were getting to the hunt in/on something fancy like a horse or a rolls royce

It is a wagon.

We had this same debate several weeks back when the first photos of the G70 wagon showed up on the auto industry news sites. The argument comes down to "shooting brake" is something thats sounds cool when talking about exotic or high performance vehicles but no one uses that same term to describe Pinto or Vega wagons or Nissan NV vans that fit the strict definition of a shooting brake.

I generally prefer the wagon versions of all cars, but I think they missed the mark on the G70 styling. The C pillar looks weird. It looks like they didn't want to redesign the rear doors from the sedan and just tacked on the wagon.

Total Fan Fiction, but could be cool...

2022-lexus-is-350-wagon-rendering-looks-better-than-the-german-rivals-157956_1.jpg

2022-lexus-is-350-wagon-rendering-looks-better-than-the-german-rivals_1.jpg

They'd probably use the Sport Cross name like the IS wagon in the mid 2000's.

Last edited:
Americans don't buy wagons. Or really, shooting brakes.

SUV's. Yuck, but yeah.

Back