• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

I look at G wagons the same way I do Range Rovers in that I'm fairly certain that 99.8% of people that buy them will never turn off a paved road. In that light, who cares what the wheels (yes, wheels...not "rims" #grammarpolice) and tires are setup like? :dunno

I mean, that's true for 99% of pickup trucks. That said, I'm personally offended by low profile tires on 4x4s :x

:laughing

Yep strictly a flex piece and for that the Cayenne is simply too ugly. It’s like a 4 on the looks scale where the Urus is an 8.
For that type of vehicle it wouldn’t matter to me which one is faster but I suspect the Urus can hold its own when it comes to handling. Of course speaking as someone who knows nothing more than what they look like.

The Urus is the same chassis as the Cayenne, Touareg, Q7, and a Bentley version.

So... Urus is flashy bombast. Porsche is handling(Yeah, sure). Touareg is people mover. Q7 is middle manager mover. And God only knows why a Bentley fan would want in a VW! Haha! :teeth

Last edited:
I'd much rather have the G-wagen than the stupid Urus.

Apparently they have been making that Benz for 41 years.
Wikipedia:
The Mercedes-Benz G-Class, sometimes called G-Wagen (short for Geländewagen, "terrain vehicle"), is a mid-size four-wheel drive luxury SUV manufactured by Magna Steyr (formerly Steyr-Daimler-Puch) in Austria and sold by Mercedes-Benz. In certain markets, it has been sold under the Puch name as Puch G.

Yep! The newer ones are much more luxurious, but they're all pretty capable off roaders :thumbup

not even Hyperbole:
i saw one of these around on my commute and, not generally caring about new cars, i thought it was an updated Panamera and that someone had put some dorky aero kit on it with a Stinger badge. Then i saw another in a different color and finally remembered to google the name

Kia Stinger
stinger-35.jpg

kia has been doing pretty well in the styling department lately. Jaw drop? maybe not. Take a second look: for sure.

Yep! The newer ones are much more luxurious, but they're all pretty capable off roaders :thumbup

my unimog parts guy, way back when i was 'mog owner' had a ~60s, mayube 70s, former military (because that's what they all were initially) G-wagen imported with a roof hatch over the passenger seat. it was really cool.

even the US military has used them. it's on wikipedia it must be true?

Apparently they have been making that Benz for 41 years.
Wikipedia:
The Mercedes-Benz G-Class, sometimes called G-Wagen (short for Geländewagen, "terrain vehicle"), is a mid-size four-wheel drive luxury SUV manufactured by Magna Steyr (formerly Steyr-Daimler-Puch) in Austria and sold by Mercedes-Benz. In certain markets, it has been sold under the Puch name as Puch G.

They were gray market in the US for years, diesels mostly, because Daimler felt they didn't fit the luxury car image MB was building in the US market.

Still, I really would rather have the Urus. The styling does it for me.

not even Hyperbole:
i saw one of these around on my commute and, not generally caring about new cars, i thought it was an updated Panamera and that someone had put some dorky aero kit on it with a Stinger badge. Then i saw another in a different color and finally remembered to google the name

kia has been doing pretty well in the styling department lately. Jaw drop? maybe not. Take a second look: for sure.

If you're looking Stinger, the Genesis G70 is where it's at. There may not be a better bang for the buck on the market.

Last edited:
Ah, yet another wagon not coming to the US market. :cry

It's not the shooting brake, but it's also pretty slick looking. The GV70 CUV.
757577.jpg

I'd like to get a compact/mid size GT in the next few years and the G70/Stinger are on my short list. Very impressive, and if you can wait a year by grabbing a used one with low miles to avoid the depreciation hit, really great value.

If you're looking Stinger, the Genesis G70 is where it's at. There may not be a better bang for the buck on the market.

I considered the G70 before I got yet another TLX. Hyundai/Genesis dealers are smoking weapons grade levels of crack right now getting markups for Palisades and the GV70/80s. They seem to think the sedans are just as hot even though nobody is buying them.

Would’ve been a clean $10k more for me to go Team Korea over the Acura. Too bad. The G70 almost got me to own a Korean car. Almost.

If the G70 gets any better, I'm gonna load up on crack. I've never been a fan of wagons, though that shooting brake is the only wagon I've liked since the Audi ?? model.

i'm not looking for anything at the moment but they're on my radar next time i am.

Ah, yet another wagon not coming to the US market. :cry

2022-Genesis-G70-Shooting-Brake-3O.jpg

now that is bitchin. it ain't a shooting brake regardless of what the marketing cheeze dicks say

Why G70 when IS500 is right around the corner? I was planning on a G70 until the Lex was announced.

I thought G70 is pushing $55k, while IS500 is estimated to be around $60k. And I assume the Lex will be significantly more reliable long term.

Wow! I was just talking out my ass. I'm surprised the price points are so close. Im not passing judgement on either care I just expected the Lex to be much more expensive.

Back