• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Went out to the Velocity Speed Fest at Laguna today, some pretty cool stuff out there. They did seem to be going for a Goodwood vintage vibe with some of the set up and costumes.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for the pics, John. I saw something on Instagram with Josh Hayes in his leathers at the Velocity Speed Fest today. Did they have motorcycles along with the cars?

The Goodwood Festival of Speed YouTube channel had a live stream all day from the Velocity Speed Fest. They are doing it again tomorrow.

Saturday. Only nine hours!
[youtube]k3JPPN_9E1s[/youtube]

They did have bikes, older (but not that much older) race bikes and some baggers....

I dusted off my Nikon FE 35mm, bought some new batteries and loaded up some... what's that stuff... FILM... so eventually I'll develope it.... (Btw the film was like $15 for a 200/36... YIKES!)

If they're any good I'll post, but my aging eyes were having issues with focusing thru the view finder, and it's hard to find dioptors and screen glass for a 40 year old camera.

That pic of the #66 GT-40 was from my iPhone; the car was probably at 120, not sure I could do better these days with my eyes and Nikon.... :cry :laughing

They aced the Mini's last evening in the dark...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
I love that 917 in the Gulf livery.
When I was about 12 my mom worked at the local Porsche dealer and brought home a Gulf racing jacket for me, I wore that thing until it just fell apart!

I remember playing Need for Speed when it first came out and I remember driving the CLK GTR and thinking that that was the coolest car ever. I have yet to see one in real life but something about these older super cars really makes me wow

Taycan Sport Turismo looks pretty good to me....

2022-Porsche-Taycan-GTS-5.jpg

2022-Porsche-Taycan-GTS-1.webp

Beat me to it. Although, unfortunately I know of at least 1 person who lemon lawed his Taycan after 600 miles...after waiting 1+ year to get it...because it had some kind of software glitch that just bricked all its computers and Porsche couldn't fix it.

:dunno

looks like a pretty negligible storage volume increase for the look deficiency.

Back