• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

That's a hella funny post Rich! Love the La Ferrari story!!!

Another funny thing. I can't remember the model name, but they have a wagon sort of car. My boss was genuinely interested in it, but they wouldn't sell that car. It's been sold and bought back 5 times. They keep it at the dealership to bundle with other cars, because the way Ferrari allocates some of the special models is by how good of a customer you are. So if you want the 812 Competizione, okay, but you're also getting a 488 and this other car too.
Unreal.

Another funny thing. I can't remember the model name, but they have a wagon sort of car. My boss was genuinely interested in it, but they wouldn't sell that car. It's been sold and bought back 5 times. They keep it at the dealership to bundle with other cars, because the way Ferrari allocates some of the special models is by how good of a customer you are. So if you want the 812 Competizione, okay, but you're also getting a 488 and this other car too.
Unreal.

GTC4 Lusso. The FF preceded it. It’ll be the gateway to Ferrari eventually making a SUV. Looks kinda neat. It’s got the magic V12 under the hood. And a super lightweight AWD system. Think even lighter and more compact than Porsche’s setup.

It’s pretty shitty how Ferrari treats new customers. Oh you just got made with that fat tech company IPO and wanna buy a new Ferrari F8 Tributo? Well we don’t have any new ones to sell you. We can sell you that used one over there with 1500 miles on it for $100k over the original sticker. But new ones…nah. But maybe if you buy that GTC4 Lusso over there or maybe that Portofino, it will show Ferrari that you are serious about truly wanting to own a Ferrari and they will put you on the list to be allowed to buy a new series production sports car.. Supposedly this is done to prevent flippers. But then why are there barely used 812s and F8 Tributos sitting on their showroom floor with huge markups? Somebody is getting to buy those new series production cars, barely using them, and then unloading them for no loss or even a profit.

We got a full tour at Ferrari of Houston/Risi Competizione. That included the back room. I didn't realize how crude the cars were, as far as chassis and suspension construction up into the '90s.

back before i started watching people actually build cars on youtube i tuned in to "fast n loud" because it was the closest thing to it i could find... anyway they "restored" an f40 with the help of likely that same Houston dealer you visited. They showed a clip of straightening the front frame pickup points with a bigass torch and a few levers, clearly showing the original frame structure and it didn't look much different than any other space frame from the previous 40 years. I wonder if it was made of anything more exotic than mild steel... i suspect not.

GTC4 Lusso. The FF preceded it. It’ll be the gateway to Ferrari eventually making a SUV. Looks kinda neat. It’s got the magic V12 under the hood. And a super lightweight AWD system. Think even lighter and more compact than Porsche’s setup.

It’s pretty shitty how Ferrari treats new customers. Oh you just got made with that fat tech company IPO and wanna buy a new Ferrari F8 Tributo? Well we don’t have any new ones to sell you. We can sell you that used one over there with 1500 miles on it for $100k over the original sticker. But new ones…nah. But maybe if you buy that GTC4 Lusso over there or maybe that Portofino, it will show Ferrari that you are serious about truly wanting to own a Ferrari and they will put you on the list to be allowed to buy a new series production sports car.. Supposedly this is done to prevent flippers. But then why are there barely used 812s and F8 Tributos sitting on their showroom floor with huge markups? Somebody is getting to buy those new series production cars, barely using them, and then unloading them for no loss or even a profit.

flippers my ass. ferrari is in it with their clientele to guard the gates to The Club... and you ain't in it... that george carlin was talking about.

back before i started watching people actually build cars on youtube i tuned in to "fast n loud" because it was the closest thing to it i could find... anyway they "restored" an f40 with the help of likely that same Houston dealer you visited. They showed a clip of straightening the front frame pickup points with a bigass torch and a few levers, clearly showing the original frame structure and it didn't look much different than any other space frame from the previous 40 years. I wonder if it was made of anything more exotic than mild steel... i suspect not.

The F40 was specifically the car I was thinking of, and I know they're '80s not '90s. There was also a 348, and it was pretty archaic as well.

The return of the Chevy Avalanche?

The 2024 Silverado EV..

2024-Chevrolet-Silverado-EV-25.jpg

A fully-loaded Silverado EV RST First Edition will follow in the fall of 2023 and feature a dual-motor all-wheel drive system producing 664 hp (495 kW / 673 PS) and 780+ lb-ft (1,056+ Nm) of torque.

That’s pretty impressive and Chevrolet noted the model will have a Wide Open Watts mode, which enables the truck to rocket from 0-60 mph (0-96 km/h) in less than 4.5 seconds. The eye-popping numbers don’t end there as the RST First Edition will have 400 miles (644 km) of range and a Hummer-esque sticker price of $105,000.

Not just any Lanci-ero, its a rare Fartos.

Time for my annual try-get-someone-else-excited-about-WRC post.

The Word Rally Championship starts this weekend, Jan 21-23, with the Monte Carlo Rally in the hills above Monaco on road conditions which vary between dry, wet, snow and ice, night and day. 2022 is the first year of the new and faster hybrid rally cars.

Overview on the WRC site HERE. WRC has a live streaming package but I just follow the short highlight videos on the WRC YouTube channel and the dirtfish website and dirtfish YouTube channel.

[YOUTUBE]NRkylTS8kY4[/YOUTUBE]

neuville_winner.jpg

240721_-World-GusGreensmith-MonteCarlo-2021_001_c8537_f_1400x788.jpg

Last edited:
I also dig the "Shall we?" :laughing

Wild to see how the POV camera makes the big rotations at the hairpin turns so crisp and accurate while it always looks like pure chaos from outside. Thanks for posting John.

Anybody need a new Tundra?

attachment.php

They're doing the press intro at Folktale Winery in Carmel Valley so there was a bunch of carriers unloading new Tundras of all flavors this morning.

Tbh, it looks much in person than it does in pics.

Attachments

• 24BAA492-D508-407F-97C8-D8A52E432464.jpg
    24BAA492-D508-407F-97C8-D8A52E432464.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 205
Okay, one more vid from the Monte Carlo Rally:

The Kimera EVO37

[YOUTUBE]zWEMghOoduw[/YOUTUBE]

Kimara.jpg

Cool way to blow over half a million dollars.

Back