• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Ouch...

attachment.php

http://pineconearchive.fileburstcdn.com/211119PCfp.pdf

Attachments

• Crispy Porsche.JPG
    Crispy Porsche.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 328
I know, the grill of the new BMWs make most of your stomachs drop. So, I can let the news out now. We have two of the M4GT3s on order, delivery in February, for the SRO GT3 America season. First race is at Sonoma, April 16-17.

I know, the grill of the new BMWs make most of your stomachs drop. So, I can let the news out now. We have two of the M4GT3s on order, delivery in February, for the SRO GT3 America season. First race is at Sonoma, April 16-17.

Ugly is OK if it's FAST!! Awesome, Rich!

Toyota announced a plethora of EV concepts at once... I guess they're going all in on electric...

Toyota-and-Lexus-BEV-Concepts-main.webp

Toyota has been one of the companies dragging their feet on EVs, up until recently. It seems like they see the way things are going right now, and felt the need to put on a show to reframe themselves as potential leaders in the EV space. It's the right move, and the fact that they actually did a physical show, and at least had full size, physical versions of each mockup (how many are actually drivable, who knows) is better than a lot of EV companies, especially the start up type companies.

and almost all ugly too....JESUS.

I think the Lexus models (2nd row) look fine, an improvement on current lexus models by removing the massive spindly maws current ones have.

I think all the ones on the back row look between fine and good. The Truck and FJ thing look pretty good. The Commercial looking vehicles all look fit to purpose, The smaller hatchback looks pretty fun and the Mr2 type thing I think is quite pretty. The crossover looks kind of ugly.

All of the front row, though. Their 'bz' series cars which look pretty much production capable minus the SUV's mirrors, all look pretty shit though. Like, for the markets they are going for, I don't think they need to be pretty, but seriously I don't get how they land on those designs with all of the options that an EV platform gives them.

Didn't bother me at all, I don't have to look at it from the driver's seat :teeth

Is that actually a P-shop? I'm not sure it's an actual photo...

Is that actually a P-shop? I'm not sure it's an actual photo...
That image, I don't know.

The presentation they gave is online though. [YOUTUBE]M3C07uxyaWQ[/YOUTUBE]

You probably don't need to watch all of it, it's essentially an ad meant to garner positive coverage from the media, but the presentation was live and in front of press, either physical representations in actual size were there, or Toyota did a good enough job with VFX to fool journalists in the room looking at them. Frankly I would be more impressed with them if they managed to pull off that trick to be honest.

With that being said, them having physical mockups tells us nothing. It's Toyota, they have the ability to build a mock up of a car good enough to be the second and back row of a presentation really quickly. A rolling or even better running prototype is a different matter.

With that being said, them having physical mockups tells us nothing.

A rolling or even better running prototype is a different matter.

Lost count of how many vaporware “hypercars” I’ve seen displayed somewhere, complete with a whole spec sheet. Yet all that is sitting there is a clay model with wheels.

Hell even getting to a driving prototype still isn’t even remotely close to the finish line for getting into production. *cough*Cybertruck*cough*

Lost count of how many vaporware “hypercars” I’ve seen displayed somewhere, complete with a whole spec sheet. Yet all that is sitting there is a clay model with wheels.

Hell even getting to a driving prototype still isn’t even remotely close to the finish line for getting into production. *cough*Cybertruck*cough*

Remember this one? Ford gave him a Bronco to review...that didn't even have an engine :laughing

[YOUTUBE]-eiszpuVpy4[/YOUTUBE]

Remember this one? Ford gave him a Bronco to review...that didn't even have an engine :laughing

[YOUTUBE]-eiszpuVpy4[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah but after the hype train that Ford got going about the new Bronco, releasing it was absolutely happening, whether it flipped or not. Turns out it wasn’t quite ready with all the hardtop roof problems they’ve had.

Only Tesla can seem to get away with hyping up a future product that hard, and then ghosting everyone.

We got a full tour at Ferrari of Houston/Risi Competizione. That included the back room. I didn't realize how crude the cars were, as far as chassis and suspension construction up into the '90s.
I was asked not to share a lot of photos because they were of customer cars.

The EnzoRati. This was the test mule for the MC12 GT1 race car.
267393274_10159585636349840_4186915190546633394_n.jpg

Spare engine for said car.
266986457_10159585641214840_3134389124630104868_n.jpg

360 or 430 Challenge car next to it.
On the other side is a La Ferrari with 0 miles that has never left the dealership. Apparently the owner's wife did not okay the purchase, so he shows up occasionally with a friend and they sit in it.

I thought this was funny. The Ferrari just sitting out, but the El Camino has a cover.
266678894_10159585623189840_6330010698759573958_n.jpg

Also, the crate has Italian writing on it. :laughing

Back