• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

No...no he doesn't. He NEEDS one and knows it. A man who knows what his next large purchase is gonna be is...UNSTOPPABLE!

What do we think of the TLX Type-S PMC edition? I’ve got my name on one. Maybe I turn in my boring 4 cylinder TLX next year and get into this.

preview-928x522.jpg

That's a good looking little ride. What $$ do those run?

[youtube]bNYFLlPEfFs[/youtube]

Saw this on street view..I know it's not real but funny anyways...
And who's old house is up there???for sale...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220726-110415_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20220726-110415_Maps.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 27
That's a good looking little ride. What $$ do those run?

Pricing not announced yet. The “standard” TLX Type-S stickers for $54.5k with the summer tire and y spoke wheels. I expect at least a few thousand over that for the PMC edition. But if it winds up being into the 60s, I’ll be a lot less interested.

I have a bit of a connection to the Performance Manufacturing Center, so it’d be nice to have a piece of it. It was built to produce the NSX here in America. I worked on more of those damn cars than anyone. I got to see the PMC inside and out. Only robot in there is for the space frame on the NSX. Everything else is done by hand. Can eat off the floor in there. Staffed by about 60 of the very best line workers from the Marysville Auto Plant next door. Since they clearly didn’t run that facility at capacity to make NSXs, they have been doing special runs (about 300 or so) of other Acura models.

This was the last generation TLX PMC edition. And yes that is the actual factory floor.

tlx-pmc-lede-1554922177.jpg

Cleaner than my own garage. How many roombas does it take?

You already have enough cargo room! :laughing

No...no he doesn't. He NEEDS one and knows it. A man who knows what his next large purchase is gonna be is...UNSTOPPABLE!

Hah. Next purchase is likely going to be a G82 M4. Hopefully that'll be the last one for a while and the one after that will be an SUV / truck of some sort again. Rivian, 2024+ 4Runner, maybe one of the new Broncos. Something like that.

Hah. Next purchase is likely going to be a G82 M4. Hopefully that'll be the last one for a while and the one after that will be an SUV / truck of some sort again. Rivian, 2024+ 4Runner, maybe one of the new Broncos. Something like that.

See the ‘23 Colorado they announced today? Looks pretty sharp.

I run a fleet of quite a few vehicles, as you know. Only the Dodge and GM products ever give us trouble. The proof is in the pudding, Rob. :laughing

GM product about to kill my 90k mile 2007 sliverado: displacement on demand (it sucked in the 80s, still sucks now). system fails on an otherwise very young engine, check engine light for misfire on cylinder #3. failing lifter or the bumpstick is becoming slowly less bumpy

replace with factory parts: will fail again soon. this is not conjecture.

delete system (essentially making it into an LS2 which was available on a bunch of other GM cars that year) and fail smog because computer code has to change which fails CA check sum requirement (thank you new procedures for 2021)

i've been luke warm on this truck since i bought it. vague steering, numb experience overall. wahOOOOOOOah GM shifting sound of power!!! i kinda really hate it now, which is a form of dropped jaw

tangent: failing DOD system can cause the stability control and transmission to behave erratically. wtf. why?

Last edited:
I run a fleet of quite a few vehicles, as you know. Only the Dodge and GM products ever give us trouble. The proof is in the pudding, Rob. :laughing

You keep talking like that, I may be inclined to take one of those “your cars warranty is about to expire” call seriously next time they call. Which should be oh, three times a day.

It actually is expiring too. 3/36 B2B is all done next month on my GM car.

Back