• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

GM product about to kill my 90k mile 2007 sliverado: displacement on demand (it sucked in the 80s, still sucks now). system fails on an otherwise very young engine, check engine light for misfire on cylinder #3. failing lifter or the bumpstick is becoming slowly less bumpy

replace with factory parts: will fail again soon. this is not conjecture.

delete system (essentially making it into an LS2 which was available on a bunch of other GM cars that year) and fail smog because computer code has to change which fails CA check sum requirement (thank you new procedures for 2021)

i've been luke warm on this truck since i bought it. vague steering, numb experience overall. wahOOOOOOOah GM shifting sound of power!!! i kinda really hate it now, which is a form of dropped jaw

tangent: failing DOD system can cause the stability control and transmission to behave erratically. wtf. why?

Bro. C’mon. Don’t delete. Just disable. When it comes time to smog, just unplug this damn thing (they need the OBD port anyways).

https://www.rangetechnology.com/products/afm-dfm_disabler/

See the ‘23 Colorado they announced today? Looks pretty sharp.

No particular interest in the Colorado. If I go for something in that size (compact / "midsize" pickup) it'll more likely be either a Tacoma (if they get the new engine upgrades and everything like the 4Runner is rumored to) or I'm keeping an eye for the revamped Dakota.

Either way we're talking at least 2 years away though.

Friends also do not let friends buy overrated $50,000+ underpowered pigs that (astonishingly) still use drum brakes.

Wait, are you saying Taco's are "pigs" and have drum brakes (on the rear)?

As for the Colorado's they have 4 wheel disc brakes. :x

The '23's get a new to them I4 motor, no more 3.6L V6 and 2.8L Duramax.
The base 2.7-liter makes 237 hp and 259 lb-ft of torque. Under the 2.7-liter Turbo Plus banner, the four-cylinder makes 310 hp and 390 lb-ft of torque. The top rung 2.7-liter Turbo High-Output also delivers 310 hp but cranks up available torque to 430 lb-ft.

Friends also do not let friends buy overrated $50,000+ underpowered pigs that (astonishingly) still use drum brakes.

From what I've heard Toyota is looking to replace the Tacoma in 2023 or 2024, with the next model being substantially modernized, plus both EV and hybrid versions.

It'll probably still be overpriced.

I did a similar picture a year ago. At least nobody can say it’s a garage queen.

Attachments

• 207DE58C-8EE6-41D1-9781-7D52CC6F404C.jpg
    207DE58C-8EE6-41D1-9781-7D52CC6F404C.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 24
Yeah, I'm waiting to see what the next generation upgrades consist of. Seeing as they're rumored to be substantially upgrading the powertrain for the 4runner, I imagine that would carry over to the Tacoma as well, and with more power (usually) comes more braking ie finally upgrading the drums to discs.

Yeah, I'm waiting to see what the next generation upgrades consist of. Seeing as they're rumored to be substantially upgrading the powertrain for the 4runner, I imagine that would carry over to the Tacoma as well, and with more power (usually) comes more braking ie finally upgrading the drums to discs.

I've really wanted to look at a 4Runner, but for what Toyota is charging for them, there's just no way I'd buy one. 19 MPG on the highway and arguably one of the cheapest interiors in the mid-size SUV market? Hard pass. Not to mention that "go kart" seating position. I'm not sure how people drive those things for longer than 20-30 minutes at a time without being in pain.

+1. I fully do not understand the fascination with 4-runners.

I know 4 people with them. Seems to be a love or hate thing, but to a fanatical level.

Personally I think they drive atrociously but I can respect the offroad / camping / snow / surfing capabilities for sure, as well as the reliability over a Jeep, so if you were looking for a Jeep or similar you'd be hard pressed to just ignore the 4runner.

Like I said, I'm going to wait and see what the 2024 looks like. Supposedly they'll be getting their first major overhaul in 12+ years. It's expected they'll get something similar to the current Tundra's interior and powertrain, meaning somewhere around 400 hp, a modern 8-10 speed transmission, etc. They'll probably grow a bit too - gain an inch here or there, but not so much that they threaten Sequoia sales.

You guys might enjoy this. Drone flight through the Haaning collection...

[YOUTUBE]CnqD637c9sU[/YOUTUBE]

I went to the Poor Boys Midnight Mass car show in Woodland on Saturday. Their rules are loosely pre-72 American cars but there is a lot flexibility. There were hundreds of cars. T-buckets to K5 Blazers, countless C-10 pickups, 55-57 Chevys, low-rider Impalas and Biscaynes. No shortage of Fords, Buicks, Pontiacs, Oldsmobiles, and Jeeps. I loved them all.

I'm only going to bore you with a few photos.

IMG_1222-X2.jpg

IMG_1227-X2.jpg

IMG_1224-X2.jpg

IMG_1221-X2.jpg

IMG_1225-X2.jpg

IMG_1231-X2.jpg

A lot of noise at my house coming from Laguna, was the sound booth broken? :laughing

(I called my county supervisor! :teeth)

It was a 103db limit weekend. So some of the heavy hitters came out, myself included.

You’re gonna hear a helluva lot more coming up this month. Not just at the track either.

Oh and I can cross driving a F1 car off my bucket list. I had to move this around our showroom this morning. It’s a roller with no power cell, but still a real car. Absolutely shocking how light this is. And it counts as driving. I was rolling it and steering it with the wheel. It counts.

Attachments

• C6AB0B73-76BD-4C99-801B-6B42DC488D19.jpg
    C6AB0B73-76BD-4C99-801B-6B42DC488D19.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 0A020BEB-9D65-498B-9A22-D763665B40E7.jpg
    0A020BEB-9D65-498B-9A22-D763665B40E7.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 22
  • EC1C7181-9D74-484D-B419-090683245906.jpg
    EC1C7181-9D74-484D-B419-090683245906.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 19
Back