• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

That thing looks like a dog that just got yelled at for shitting on the carpet...

Not your Mama's "Subi"!!!

This was at the Goodguys AX on Sunday.
Super clean, wild build... '17 WRX, custom built 468cid LSX block, modded heads, custom crank, and internals. Custom built instrument cluster, on the fly tunability for a lot of engine functions with display on cluster. Tons of suspension mods. Car sounded awesome, putting out 600 RWHP and 815+ RWHP on nitrous.
He finished in 3rd on the final eight car shootout, .38 seconds behind the new C8, w/Z51/FE4 packages that took 1st place.

Me, I was super happy to finish in 6th in my ATS-V at 1.9 seconds behind the Vette.

Attachments

• SUBI w LSX.jpg
    SUBI w LSX.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 26
I'd be happy too with your performance AND not throwing that much money in the Subi that they'll never get out of it. If we get a karting event together, you gots to join in.

Last winter, I was thinking of life in Morro Bay, full time resident, with a converted to EV, Myers type dunebuggy, as transport.
This version maybe overdone? Too much $$$$ ?

Last edited:
i hope they sell a bazillion of them.

i'm curious about the legalities of them on the road though. electric gets around the emissions things but there are still crash requirements etc. from the article i can't tell if it's a kit car like the original Manx was, or a turn key boutique car?

i hope they sell a bazillion of them.

i'm curious about the legalities of them on the road though. electric gets around the emissions things but there are still crash requirements etc. from the article i can't tell if it's a kit car like the original Manx was, or a turn key boutique car?

From the article
While it doesn't have doors or windows, we're told the company still intends it to be street legal under the Low Volume Vehicle Manufacturers Act. This allows specialty automakers selling fewer than 325 vehicles per year to do so without having to comply with crash testing and other costly regulations.

Sadly, this means that there won't be that many ever... and they'll probably be asking for quite the pretty penny for each one. :(

Why though? A 2.5X priced Austrian Vette?

Back