• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Took one of those in trade a year ago. Really cool car. Jack of all trades, master of none kinda deal though. Fast…but a Hellcat is faster. 30+ speaker Bose Panaray system very nice, but a Mercedes Burmester is nicer. Lighter weight and MR suspension made for some nice driving dynamics compared to other cars in the class, but still can’t match a M5. You get the point.

And that engine looked like an absolute MFer to work on. But in all fairness, all the modern “hot vee” turbo V8s are that way.

Neat cars, but like the ELR, not in high demand despite being a good value. Cadillac's aspirational value seems to be declining...

Hey vintage freaks! Mix your disgusting tweed fetish with your fine appreciation for tires and chassis overwhelmed by even modest horsepower at this weekend's Goodwood Revival. You might even see some shunts and panel beating. Oooohh, tell me more. All the action will be live-streamed from monarch-conflicted England via YouTube.

The live stream loops and the Goodwood channel will post other videos so you can change you're free to change your favorite tweed outfits without missing any on track action.

[youtube]HjXF518YTHM[/youtube]
Cool!
Have to buy some crumpets and tea!:thumbup

Doesn't mean I have to like the design.

If I had $400k to spend on a ride, this isnt it. It be a Phantom or the Rolls SUV even though again it's a 4 seater I believe.

These SUVs are selling because they have the Ferrari and Lambo name and price tag and are easier to drive than their cars that are 4" off the ground.

Cullinan is the SUV, based on the BMW X7. Available in 4 seat or rear bench configuration…the choice is yours! To be honest, driving them is just kinda meh. Oh sure they’re built super solid, are serene quiet inside and have a pillowy ride. But as a driver, it’s just too isolated feeling. Very minimal looking as far as bells and whistles go for the driver. Those vehicles are really more for sitting in the back.

Neat cars, but like the ELR, not in high demand despite being a good value. Cadillac's aspirational value seems to be declining...

I dunno. Escalades have always sold pretty well. And of course the Blackwings are high demand right now. But the rest of the lineup, you’re probably right. I mean what are the other SUVs, XT…who cares. I suppose the upcoming Lyriq could act as a leader piece for them, but they’ll be undercut almost immediately by the Chevy Blazer EV which is almost as nice for much less money.

I see tons of black Esclades up here on the mountain. ...being used as limo's to the wineries.:)

maxresdefault.jpg

That's kinda dull in design... would rather have a Stelvio Quadrafolio, it's like 3/4's of a Ferrari. :dunno

6040da3d3d819.jpeg

Last edited:
...It's also a shop monkey. Sad for such a neat option...

...It's also a shop monkey. Sad for such a neat option...

Been saying it for years now. You buy a nice Alfa Quadrifoglio…it’s really more like buying a part time use nice Alfa and then a fleet of base model Gulias, as you will be in service loaner cars probably as much time as your actual own car.

Haha! What a strategy to keep the miles low.

I'm not seeing Audi or Maserati.

If you wanted to lambast it, I would say that it has a Mazda 3ish profile.

2020-Mazda-Mazda3-Hatchback-side-in-motion.jpg

My first thought - "Is that the new Mazda SUV? MazdaSpeedUV?":laughing

2020-Mazda-CX-30-review-25-679x416.jpg

03-rear-34-a-hr-1663079917.jpg

2022-Mazda-CX-30-JS-A_o.jpg

12_rear_34_2_a_HR_0.jpg

New generation Mustang revealed today. The V-8 version is reported to be in the 500hp neighborhood.

I like the smoother lines. Not so sure about the instruments.

2024-ford-mustang-exterior-112-1663170333.jpg

2024-ford-mustang-exterior-114-1663170390.jpg

2024-ford-mustang-exterior-108-1663170331.jpg

2024-ford-mustang-exterior-120-1663170422.jpg

2024-ford-mustang-interior-205-1663169385.jpg

New generation Mustang revealed today. The V-8 version is reported to be in the 500hp neighborhood.

I like the smoother lines. Not so sure about the instruments.

480hp.

To be honest, it’s a pretty underwhelming “all new” reveal. It’s really just an evolution of the current car’s design. Which is fine. In another year, they don’t need anything groundbreaking since there will be no competition, so just continue what’s working already I suppose.

Glad that they kept the manual.

The entire industry is moving towards just screens with virtual instruments. It’s cool that you can customize them. Especially cool that one of the gauge packs is “retro Fox body” complete with green lighting at night. Customization and gimmicks (the electronic “drift” handle or whatever the hell that is and being able to rev it with the key fob)…that’s gonna help sell cars.

480hp.

To be honest, it’s a pretty underwhelming “all new” reveal. It’s really just an evolution of the current car’s design. Which is fine. In another year, they don’t need anything groundbreaking since there will be no competition, so just continue what’s working already I suppose.

Glad that they kept the manual.

The entire industry is moving towards just screens with virtual instruments. It’s cool that you can customize them. Especially cool that one of the gauge packs is “retro Fox body” complete with green lighting at night. Customization and gimmicks (the electronic “drift” handle or whatever the hell that is and being able to rev it with the key fob)…that’s gonna help sell cars.

Does the stereo output play a constant speed sensitive array of rattles and clunks in the background when Fox body mode is selected?

I had a fox body LX 5.0 hatchback.
Bought it new in 88.
Really a good car, no clunks or rattles while I owned.
Fast as hell for the day. Don't believe I lost any impromptu race that I may or may not have participated in. ;)
It did need better brakes to match its potential though.
DT

Back