• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

When you feel like your Ferraris and Lambos aren't getting enough attention at cars and coffee.

...buy a 2012 Fisker and out cool them for a savings of $250K.

Because KTM has perfected motorcycles and there is nothing further for their engineers to do with them.

:rolleyes

How about properly counterbalancing the 500 ya badtids!

Or building us a 500cc Jet surf!

Good point. I love the new vette.

As for the KTM, might be a good buy and stash for 3-4 years then sell for double.

It'll be a good decade hold, but bet it'll be similar value gain as an X-bow...

In the "Not Sure Why" department, someone thought it was a good idea to meld a 1970's AMC Hornet station wagon to a Cadillac CTS-V chassis...

attachment.php

attachment.php

I dig it! :laughing

For reference...

20181024114139-1540819553386@2x.jpg

Attachments

• 31998029-60EC-4841-93C5-950B394F54C5.jpg
    31998029-60EC-4841-93C5-950B394F54C5.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 049900FF-AAA5-4C7C-AAC1-9320D668AF00.jpg
    049900FF-AAA5-4C7C-AAC1-9320D668AF00.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 154
it's at least as good an idea as the ones (ok fine they were Eagles but whatevs) that got swapped onto a k5 blazer chassis in the 80s!

If the details and finish work that we can't see are as good as what I can see, I love that mutant! I'd drive the shit outta that. If it had AWD for up here in Tahoe, even better.

AMC had some ideas that were slightly ahead of their time like the Eagle and the Spirit, and then they also had the Pacer and the Gremlin, and really questionable build quality to seal the deal! :laughing

1980-amc-lineup-alberto-waizel.jpg

Last edited:
If the details and finish work that we can't see are as good as what I can see, I love that mutant! I'd drive the shit outta that. If it had AWD for up here in Tahoe, even better.

For that you'd need to put it on a '19-'20, Cadillac CT6 V Blackwing. (The true Blackwing engine).
All wheel drive, 4 wheel steering, 4.2L-V8, twin turbo w/550hp. :teeth

The '21 and up cars carry over the "Blackwing" moniker. The CT5 V Blackwing uses the 6.2L, 668hp supercharged engine, although not with all wheel drive, nor 4 wheel steering, BUT they come with the six speed manual as standard issue. Super :cool and :teeth

I watched one of the CT6 BW's sell on C&B lately. Didn't sell $75K. Market's about $85K wholesale so something's weird about demand...

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9nVNmM4G/2019-cadillac-ct6-v

Took one of those in trade a year ago. Really cool car. Jack of all trades, master of none kinda deal though. Fast…but a Hellcat is faster. 30+ speaker Bose Panaray system very nice, but a Mercedes Burmester is nicer. Lighter weight and MR suspension made for some nice driving dynamics compared to other cars in the class, but still can’t match a M5. You get the point.

And that engine looked like an absolute MFer to work on. But in all fairness, all the modern “hot vee” turbo V8s are that way.

Ferrari's lambo SUV killer?

Yawn!

715hp suicide door v12 4 seater. $400k for a audi/maseratti suv look a like.

2023-ferrari-purosangue-front-side-rendering-1662988233.jpg

The Audi and the Lamborghini look like the were designed with a ruler. This looks a little more "sculpted" to me.

They will sell... NOT to me, mind you, but they will sell.

Enzo must be :facepalm... :laughing

Ferrari's lambo SUV killer?

Yawn!

715hp suicide door v12 4 seater. $400k for a audi/maseratti suv look a like.

2023-ferrari-purosangue-front-side-rendering-1662988233.jpg

There’s a wait list to buy the Lamborghini Urus. Ferrari will sell every one they decide to make. No problem. Nobody actually takes these super SUVs off-road anyways other than perhaps the gravel road to their beach house. Glad to see Ferrari actually embrace that fact and made it pretty much on road only.

Don't forget the ski trips to the Swiss Alps.

[YOUTUBE]r4zEEUDT7rg[/YOUTUBE]

(They coulda come up with an easier name... but that V-12 says it all.)

Ferrari-Purosangue-SUV-11.jpg

Last edited:
I'm surprised that they didn't get rid of the B pillar. That would have been a great visual statement.

I'm surprised that they didn't get rid of the B pillar. That would have been a great visual statement.

Rolls can’t do it with their cars, and those things are wallowing boats. Ferrari sure as hell can’t do it and maintain the body rigidity they want to deliver good handling.

Hey vintage freaks! Mix your disgusting tweed fetish with your fine appreciation for tires and chassis overwhelmed by even modest horsepower at this weekend's Goodwood Revival. You might even see some shunts and panel beating. Oooohh, tell me more. All the action will be live-streamed from monarch-conflicted England via YouTube.

The live stream loops and the Goodwood channel will post other videos so you can change you're free to change your favorite tweed outfits without missing any on track action.

[youtube]HjXF518YTHM[/youtube]

There’s a wait list to buy the Lamborghini Urus. Ferrari will sell every one they decide to make. No problem. Nobody actually takes these super SUVs off-road anyways other than perhaps the gravel road to their beach house. Glad to see Ferrari actually embrace that fact and made it pretty much on road only.

Doesn't mean I have to like the design.

If I had $400k to spend on a ride, this isnt it. It be a Phantom or the Rolls SUV even though again it's a 4 seater I believe.

These SUVs are selling because they have the Ferrari and Lambo name and price tag and are easier to drive than their cars that are 4" off the ground.

Back