• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

480hp.

To be honest, it’s a pretty underwhelming “all new” reveal. It’s really just an evolution of the current car’s design. Which is fine. In another year, they don’t need anything groundbreaking since there will be no competition, so just continue what’s working already I suppose.

Glad that they kept the manual.

The entire industry is moving towards just screens with virtual instruments. It’s cool that you can customize them. Especially cool that one of the gauge packs is “retro Fox body” complete with green lighting at night. Customization and gimmicks (the electronic “drift” handle or whatever the hell that is and being able to rev it with the key fob)…that’s gonna help sell cars.

I'm disappointed that the design didn't change too much from the current one, and honestly I'm not sure that I like the changes that they did make.

I'm more disappointed that at least for now it seems like Ford has put off making an EV mustang that is an actual mustang, not a crossover, to like 2030 or 2031 or so. They might change tack on that, or maybe they have a surprise other model in the works that they haven't announced yet, but still, it's a disappointment.

I still want a Fox 5.0 notchback. They're basically the rarest of the rare. Even when I have found one, it's either been completed worked over into a drag car or completely clapped out. Neither of those conditions are desirable to me...

:love .....

pj_article.jpg

Friend of mine loves fox bodies. But he's run into the same thing. Either totally clapped or fully built. No clean stock examples to be found.

I have always loved Mustangs, all my life. They can rarely do wrong by me, sort of like my love for Star Wars. However, is it just me or does the new Mustang look too much like the current Camaro?

2024-Ford-Mustang-front-quarter-left.jpg

Looks like 1 step forward and 3 steps back IMO. It's like a BMW M4 had a wild party night, got blackout drunk, had sex with a Nissan 400z, and out popped the Mustang.

Ya, from the A pillars forward it's a real bore. Not Mustang at all.

I think those years are all about, which are the hardest to make cool, but all of them can.

I just went through the completed auctions on BAT and it has been a long time since a clean LX notch went through, but there have been a handful of mint low mile LX hatch's go for 20k or under.

Legitstreetcars on youtube just had a really fun series on cleaning up on old barn find fox body.

My first car was a 69 Camaro, bought in 1985 for $2500 by a 16yo me, subsequently thrashed and crashed as a maniac HS hot rodder. They are top 5 ultimate sex bodylines to me.

But I have a love/ hate with pro touring builds.

That said, The Roadster Shop's 69 Camaro build for Joe Rogan is boner inducing.

For those that love cars, and fabrication, check out EVERY SINGLE build detail photo, not just for this car, but all of their builds. RS is heaven. :swoon

https://roadstershop.com/galleries/joes-1969-camaro/

Last edited:
That silver Camaro is atrocious. Rogan's is indeed gorgeous. The Roadster Shop does incredible work.

Back