• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

For me, a 17" wheel is the max for an early Camaro. Anything bigger and the proportion goes wonky.

My current obsession is Dr. David Enderby's "Special Saloon" Karmann Ghia.
david-enderby-006-1.webp

VW Karmann-Ghia 1.3 David Enderby by dave smith, on Flickr

https://www.autosport.com/national/...a-special-saloon-to-return-to-action/6871255/

https://www.autosport.com/national/...ghia-and-reynard-colleagues-reunite/10364976/

Makes me want to hack up my Ghia!:party

This just got announced today.

p400227895-4.jpg

p376064060-4.jpg

680Herspers / 752 torqs +Estate body = hubba hubba :drools

Probably not. We never get the good stuff.

Yup. That said, I did just have an E63S Estate come through the shop for used car inspection. Proper massaging seats, not just the seatback like most of the other brands do…also with butt stuff. Burmester sound, HUD, pretty much everything except CCBs. Great spec. I think it got sold before we even finished smog and safety on it.

I bet it would come to America if Mercedes would release a lifted version that came with a roll coal package.

Oh and a freedom eagle badge for, you know, freedom.

I bet it would come to America if Mercedes would release a lifted version that came with a roll coal package.

Oh and a freedom eagle badge for, you know, freedom.

Sad, but true.

But I honestly don't even want all those features that Rob was touting. I just want a good chassis, brakes, transmission, suspension and engine wrapped up in a sexy wagon package. I don't need the massaging seats or other bullshit that luxury marques continue to assume we want.

Warning in advance for those that prefer the stock off the lot run of the mill look, lots of custom metal fabrication here.

20_pure_55_crew-212-1-scaled.jpg

20_pure_55_crew-49-1-scaled.jpg

20_pure_55_crew-116-1-scaled.jpg

20_pure_55_crew-262-1-scaled.jpg

Sad, but true.

But I honestly don't even want all those features that Rob was touting. I just want a good chassis, brakes, transmission, suspension and engine wrapped up in a sexy wagon package. I don't need the massaging seats or other bullshit that luxury marques continue to assume we want.

I did mention that the seats have butt stuff didn’t I?

You will you want it. You just don’t know you want it until you’ve tried it. First it was heated seats. Naaaahh, this isn’t Alaska we don’t neeeee…hey those are kinda nice! Then cooled seats came along. Naaaaah, the car already has A/C it’ll be fin….oooh well that’s kind of refreshing! Massage seats are just amazing if you take a really long road trip. Or hell, even the 10 minute commute home from work.

Yep I want all that stuff.

Now lowriders, that’s a dumb idea. Can’t even clear a speed bump. How did that ever become a thing.

Yep I want all that stuff.

Now lowriders, that’s a dumb idea. Can’t even clear a speed bump. How did that ever become a thing.

I'm sure that truck is bagged so it'll raise up enough to make it drivable. But I'd be surprised if it ever really got driven. It's a show piece.

You will you want it. You just don’t know you want it until you’ve tried it. First it was heated seats. Naaaahh, this isn’t Alaska we don’t neeeee…hey those are kinda nice! Then cooled seats came along. Naaaaah, the car already has A/C it’ll be fin….oooh well that’s kind of refreshing! Massage seats are just amazing if you take a really long road trip. Or hell, even the 10 minute commute home from work.

Sooooooo THIS.

They're required by law to make fake V8 noises? :wtf

Pretty much, yes

I did mention that the seats have butt stuff didn’t I?

Sooooooo THIS.

Yep this is me now also. I went from loving tiny underpowered budget hatchback cars to needing to the car to automatically move the seats to my desired seating position when I get in.

Back