• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

+100. I hate to admit liking the comfort...

When I was shopping for a new truck, heated/ cooled leather seats were the minimum ...I ended up one trim package away from the magic fingers..:(
I also still have to put a key into the ignition switch. How barbaric is that?
DT

Whenever I need to drive the 'barbaric' AMG instead of the Tesla, I go through this thought process...

*Walks up to the door... 'Dammit, I have to open the door myself?

*Gets in the car... "Dammit, now I have to close the door myself?"

Dammit, I have to hit the button myself to adjust the seat to my memory setting?

Dammit, I have to hit a start button?

Dammit, the car didn't automatically preheat/precool the interior?

Why is this car so noisy? I'm not even moving yet!

The gas is low? Where's the hired help to pump gas for me?

Etc, etc...

Subliminal Tesla advertising!
Do the magic fingers provide a direct internal cooling path? Asking for a friend that thinks their cooled seats could be better.

The cooled seats work great for me. But then again, this is my first car with cooled seats so I don't really have any other seats to compare them to.

Anyway, to get this thread back on track...here's a car design that did make my jaw drop...the Hyundai N-Vision 74

Hyundai_N_Vision_74_Concept_HFCV_25.jpg

Hyundai-N-Vision-74-Concept-on-Racetrack-3.jpg

I'm a sucker for 90s Cyberpunk anime designs and this thing nails that aesthetic perfectly.

I did mention that the seats have butt stuff didn’t I?

You will you want it. You just don’t know you want it until you’ve tried it. First it was heated seats. Naaaahh, this isn’t Alaska we don’t neeeee…hey those are kinda nice! Then cooled seats came along. Naaaaah, the car already has A/C it’ll be fin….oooh well that’s kind of refreshing! Massage seats are just amazing if you take a really long road trip. Or hell, even the 10 minute commute home from work.

Here's the thing, every vehicle I've owned with heated seats...I've never used it once. My Explorer has cooled seats...it's more of a gimmick than anything else. The A/C cools the interior and by extension the seats down faster than the "cooled seats" do. I only really notice them working when it's below 70 degrees outside. :laughing

I don't need "butt stuff". I don't need massaging seats. I need a well-engineered ride with plenty of power and stopping ability with the ability to carry a reasonable amount of cargo. The rest is literally fluff.

Do the magic fingers provide a direct internal cooling path? Asking for a friend that thinks their cooled seats could be better.

Cooled seats are one of those “your mileage may vary” deals. Some cars are way more effective than others. And even in the same kind of car, there can be differences. Full leather seats versus leather/alcantara or different patterns of perforation between trim levels. Then of course, you can be the biggest variable. Wear a leather jacket or other non breathable materials, you won’t feel anything. Have a sweaty back and wear some very light materials, it’ll feel like you’re laying on snow.

This is all nice, but the REAL deal, must have, is the heated steering wheel in leather and alcantara.
There's nothing better on a cold morning than a pre heated steering wheel.

Another +!00. Heated wheels are excellent on cold mornings...

Some of the cars I work on even have heated armrests. That’s pretty neat.

Also another nice thing, but it’s been around for awhile (Mercedes I think was first?), is the “air scarf” in convertibles which has heated air blow from below the headrests.

Ooo and let’s not forget heated and cooled cup holders either.

Pretty sure Jason’s head is about to explode now.

I've always wanted one of those tiny refrigerators that come in some ultra luxury cars.

I've always wanted one of those tiny refrigerators that come in some ultra luxury cars.

They don’t hold as much as you’d think. They’re really only meant to hold two champagne flutes, custom made to fit specifically in the fridge and rear cup holders, and of course a bottle of champagne.

I imagine the manufacturers expect people who are partying in the back of quarter million dollar or more sedans to only drink champagne. You wanna load up the little fridge with a sixer of White Claws? Yeah you are in the wrong dealership you classless buffoon.

I skipped out on the ventilated seats this time around. I had them on 3 prior cars and you had to crank the AC for them to really make a difference....by which time, getting blasted with the AC had already cooled you down anyway.

I skipped out on the ventilated seats this time around. I had them on 3 prior cars and you had to crank the AC for them to really make a difference....by which time, getting blasted with the AC had already cooled you down anyway.

Some cooled seats blow air at you, which feels cooler if you have cool air circulating around the cabin. Some suck it away from you, which is hard to feel anything happening unless you are sweaty. And some actually pull air conditioned air from the HVAC system and blow it at you…those are the best.

They all help reduce swamp-ass. Who doesn't want to reduce swamp-ass?

On that note. The ones the suck air away from you…yeah if you fart, it floods the whole car immediately and seems like it makes it so much worse.

Ask me how I know.

Back