• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

I scoffed at the heated steering wheel, heated back seats and heated and cooled front seats that came with the wife's chosen trim level in 2019.

I was wrong.

Even in temperate/not hot weather where the a/c is not needed having the seats blow ambient temperature air feels good on the nether regions.

My car has wind up windows for comparison.

Not a single electric motor to be found beyond the starter.

I scoffed at the heated steering wheel, heated back seats and heated and cooled front seats that came with the wife's chosen trim level in 2019.

I was wrong.

Even in temperate/not hot weather where the a/c is not needed having the seats blow ambient temperature air feels good on the nether regions.

My car has wind up windows for comparison.

Not a single electric motor to be found beyond the starter.

You're driving a '56 Buick with vacuum operated windshield wipers?

Attachments

• Mirrors_new_1_50.jpg
    Mirrors_new_1_50.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 23
The cooed seat in my car aren’t going to chill you by any means but I’ll crank them on hot days anyhow and even on cooler days when the AC is on low.
I remember having several cars with no AC and ain’t interested in ever going back to that.

The cooed seat in my car aren’t going to chill you by any means but I’ll crank them on hot days anyhow and even on cooler days when the AC is on low.
I remember having several cars with no AC and ain’t interested in ever going back to that.

My car is tolerable with no a/c as I can just leave the roof up with the rear window, (glass), unzipped.

"Flow Through Ventilation"! :laughing

Blower? I think you mean fan, Rob. :laughing

No I meant blower. As in the HVAC system. We say “blower motor” so it’s not confused with radiator fan motor(s).

Yeah and I forgot a whole bunch of other motors on the supposedly simple Miata there. Gimme a break. Got another booster a couple days ago, I’m not running on all cylinders here.

Some of the cars I work on even have heated armrests. That’s pretty neat.

Also another nice thing, but it’s been around for awhile (Mercedes I think was first?), is the “air scarf” in convertibles which has heated air blow from below the headrests.

Ooo and let’s not forget heated and cooled cup holders either.

Pretty sure Jason’s head is about to explode now.

damn...just realized i don't make enough money

My major considerations when buying a vehicle are simply comfort convenience and reliability. Potential top speed or lap times don’t factor at all.
Even todays minivans would likely outperform most muscle cars from the 70’s and 80’s.

I see at least four motors alone in that photo.

We were talking comfort and convenience, right? :laughing

Top is manual, as are windows, mirrors, seats, door locks.

I did put a very nice Alpine/JL Audio sound system in there, including an 8" JL Audio sub in the footwell driven by a 190 watt amp.

Only short people can ride in the passenger seat now unless I temporarily remove the custom sub box.

My major considerations when buying a vehicle are simply comfort convenience and reliability. Potential top speed or lap times don’t factor at all.
Even todays minivans would likely outperform most muscle cars from the 70’s and 80’s.

While I'll always have a moto, I ride so little at the moment the simple sports car makes up for it more than one might imagine, even with just 129hp in a 2300 lb car.

Just got back from a trip to Ashland and back for the Shakespeare Festival.

Driving the Miata was not on the radar. :laughing

Back