• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

7pp2535tfvq91.jpg

We’ll be seeing that salvage title rebuild P1 on somebody’s YouTube channel soon enough. No way that car simply gets crushed.

It's not like they didn't know the storm was coming. :rolleyes
why not park in a parking garage , say on at least second floor, and call it a day?
DT

It's not like they didn't know the storm was coming. :rolleyes
why not park in a parking garage , say on at least second floor, and call it a day?
DT

The owner said McLaren was locked in his garage and it busted through the door during storm/flooding.

Ha, ha... my McLaren experience went a whole lot better. :)

McLaren Rep: "Hey would you like to checkout the interior?"
Me: "Heck yeah!" Probably spent about 10 minutes sitting in the 720S and soaking in the all the awesomeness!

When I grow up I want to work for McLaren. Everyone I spoke with from the guys doing all the telemetry in the booths in pit lane, to the tire guys, the drivers Felix and Pato, the reps up in the hospitality suite, and CEO Zac Brown.
Everyone was upbeat, excited about being on the team and took the time to answer any questions I or my Son had. Super impressed with everyone from McLaren!

McLaren also brought Bruce McLaren's 1972 Ford Condor motorhome and parked it in the paddock behind their pits. Wasn't able to view the interior 'cause the Boss was having a meeting in it.

Attachments

• McLaren 720S Front copy.jpg
    McLaren 720S Front copy.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 720S copy.jpg
    720S copy.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 720S LR copy.jpg
    720S LR copy.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 720S Rear copy.jpg
    720S Rear copy.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Interior1 copy.jpg
    Interior1 copy.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Interior2 copy.jpg
    Interior2 copy.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Condor Ethan copy.jpg
    Condor Ethan copy.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Condor Kiwi copy.jpg
    Condor Kiwi copy.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 16
A few pics up in the hospitality suite, in the garage, tires - two compounds black/hard, red/soft (no tire blankets used in Indy) and in the pit lane just before the "Start your Engines" command. Got to watch the start from behind the pit wall. Pretty :cool, after about 4 laps went back up to the hospitality suite to watch the race.
Mission Corn Chips, one of their sponsors, had a batch of race car chips! :laughing

Attachments

• Hospitality 2.jpg
    Hospitality 2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 17
  • Hospitality 1.jpg
    Hospitality 1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Garage.jpg
    Garage.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Tires.jpg
    Tires.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Start Your Engines.jpg
    Start Your Engines.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Mission Chips.jpg
    Mission Chips.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 17
Very cool!

On a similar note... every gearhead wants to drive a real race car on the street!

[youtube]4qFzSnHeDz4[/youtube]

Awesome. Sharing it all around. Thanks.

Very cool!

On a similar note... every gearhead wants to drive a real race car on the street!

[youtube]4qFzSnHeDz4[/youtube]

Heck yeah, and on the track would be even funner!!! :party

As for Porsche race cars the '70-'71 917 Longtails are my fav.
Although, Peter Gregg, Brumos Porsche along with Hurley Haywood were some of my fav drivers in the mid '70's - early 1980 Trans AM series.
Porsche 917 Longtail and Gregg's 934.5

Attachments

• Porsche 917 Longtail.jpg
    Porsche 917 Longtail.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Porsche 934.5.jpg
    Porsche 934.5.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 12
Back