• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

To me the worst YT car show is Everydaydriver. Those guys feel like they're talking down at you while having the personality of wet pencil shavings.

Also one of them looks a lot like R3DS!X which is gross.

Lotus unveiled a special edition of the Evija flagship, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the F1 Drivers’ and Constructors’ titles from Emerson Fittipaldi and Team Lotus in 1972. The Lotus Evija Fittipaldi featuring a retro-themed black and gold livery will be produced in a limited number of eight units, with all of them already sold out.

Lotus-Vija-Fittipaldi-1s-1536x832.webp

I'll say one thing about about the new C8: with the low seat height/ floor height, deep foot wells, minimal room for seat movement, long doors with only two opening detents, it's the most difficult car to get out of without touching the door next to what's next to the car (another car/ wall, etc.). the C7, despite not being super easy, is wayyyyy better. The mass market Ferraris are easier to access, even.

But, that's about one of the few negatives of the car. I don't see how this car works for their target market of a "55 year old + male". Not in the condition most 55 year old guys are in...

I'll say one thing about about the new C8: with the low seat height/ floor height, deep foot wells, minimal room for seat movement, long doors with only two opening detents, it's the most difficult car to get out of without touching the door next to what's next to the car (another car/ wall, etc.). the C7, despite not being super easy, is wayyyyy better. The mass market Ferraris are easier to access, even.

Now there’s all the more reason I’ll never trade up to the C8. I park on the right side of my garage and my wife’s RDX on the left. And god damn does she ever crowd me. To the point I can’t even open the door to the first detent sometimes (unless I park the RDX over there). Would hate to think of things being any tighter. Because I sure as hell ain’t getting any thinner.

What about putting her on the right and you back in on the left? Drivers doors share the same space then, especially if you both angle the asses of the cars to the right. Then you don't have to stop eating the Rollos!

What about putting her on the right and you back in on the left? Drivers doors share the same space then, especially if you both angle the asses of the cars to the right. Then you don't have to stop eating the Rollos!

I suggested that. But she can’t get as close to the right as I can. Mainly because we have so much crap in our garage. But I have to place my Corvette almost smashing the front wall to have access to the garbage cans, yet still park within an inch or two of all the crap we have piled up on the right to give any semblance of room down the middle. I can precision place cars not because of my job, but of the house I grew up in. My dad at any given time would have two cars and three motorcycles along with a long work bench and a washer/dryer in a garage no bigger than this. Needless to say, footpegs and handlebars were less than an inch from touching a wall or a car all the time.

I took this with both of my cars in there. Her RDX which is pretty much the same width is normally there and is sometimes crowding the center a couple inches more than what you see here.

Attachments

• 52BC2768-3907-424E-9689-BADF692BD03B.jpg
    52BC2768-3907-424E-9689-BADF692BD03B.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 54
I took this with both of my cars in there. Her RDX which is pretty much the same width is normally there and is sometimes crowding the center a couple inches more than what you see here.

That almost brings tears to the eyes. I feel your pain which become massive frustration which becomes "fuck it...". I'm still jealous of your ZR1, so there's that...

Maybe an "ADU" for JUST the ZR1...

I suggested that. But she can’t get as close to the right as I can. Mainly because we have so much crap in our garage. But I have to place my Corvette almost smashing the front wall to have access to the garbage cans, yet still park within an inch or two of all the crap we have piled up on the right to give any semblance of room down the middle. I can precision place cars not because of my job, but of the house I grew up in. My dad at any given time would have two cars and three motorcycles along with a long work bench and a washer/dryer in a garage no bigger than this. Needless to say, footpegs and handlebars were less than an inch from touching a wall or a car all the time.

I like how your wife's car has a plate personalized for you :laughing

This is why 3 car garages should be mandatory! lol
DT

I know. I’d still have a friggin motorcycle (or two) if I had a third garage space. Plus I’d imagine there’d be some room to space all the other crap out so the cars aren’t so close together.

I'm still jealous of your ZR1, so there's that...

Can’t blame ya for that at all. Knowing what it can do and just how fast it really is, I still sometimes can’t believe a car like that is legal to own. One should need some kind of special certification to have that much power like what it would take to go out and buy plutonium or something. I gotta say though. Having that monster really has me somewhat jaded at work. I routinely get to drive exotic cars with 5-6-700+ horsepower, and just about every time I do, yeah it’s neat. But in my head I’m saying my own lowly Chebby can beat it and will sound glorious as it does it too.

I like how your wife's car has a plate personalized for you :laughing

No that is actually my car. And that is the third TLX that plate has migrated to. She was out of town for a couple days when I took that, so to hell with parking on the street. Wifey has this…

pzwqOYu.jpg

Lol nice. I, too, will take the garage spot when my wife is away :laughing

Why do you keep the trash cans in the garage???

HOA?

My neighbor is outside right now washing 3 vehicles: a BMW 3 series, a long ass Audi A8 and a humongous lifted Dodge Ram; all of which are black.

I asked him how he keeps the hard water stains away and he says that he just goes fast AF when he towel dries all 3. Mad props to that guy.

My neighbor is outside right now washing 3 vehicles: a BMW 3 series, a long ass Audi A8 and a humongous lifted Dodge Ram; all of which are black.

I asked him how he keeps the hard water stains away and he says that he just goes fast AF when he towel dries all 3. Mad props to that guy.

IDK if it is feasible for you in SF but I use rain barrels to capture water over the winter and use it to wash cars during the rest of the year.

No water stains.

Last edited:
I was talking to him and he said that he got really bad water stains from the last rain. He said that he spent more time removing those than he did just doing his regular wash routine.

I was talking to him and he said that he got really bad water stains from the last rain. He said that he spent more time removing those than he did just doing his regular wash routine.

Very odd.

That does not happen up here.

Back