• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Owner/Drive Bob Tullius in 1983...

He's still going at 91!

:laughing

Awesome photos John.

I still remember the smell of smoke at Sebring in the evening from the campfires and the grit in the crappy burgers we cooked due to dust blowing around.

That's me holding the spatula and my friend Ken looking on back in the day, and his wife in the background.

I was chatting with long time moto rider friend Ken a couple of years ago how he was in my Will for all motos when I died, he'd heard me say before how I was riding less.

He piped up "why not give me one now" as a joke and I said "sure, why not."

He has my 8000 mile DRZSM in Orlando now and loves it. :laughing

Attachments

• Sebring.jpg
    Sebring.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 22

My Dad had the 3.5 version in Belgium after being transferred there from Connecticut. Too bad he didn't get the 6.3.

He had an Electra 225.

The local dealer in Connecticut brought one for him to test ride in, (actually that was a lower level 280 SEL) and we thought, "that thing is tiny."

Great car, made a fantastic "rumble" when he'd pull into the garage after work, the air suspension was "excellent when new."

Problem was Eddie Merckx, work renowned belgian bicycle racer, had the same car so we drew a lot of attention, (and disappointment), while driving around. :laughing

Ferrari is returning to Le Mans...

Recently the top tier cars have been rather boring as one make dominates so I really like the return (hopefully) to the more competitive and gorgeous GTP cars from back in the day from many more manufacturers. :thumbup

Lets say you've thrown the whole Touratech catalogue at your brand new 1250 GS Adventure but it still feels a little ordinary. Don't despair. Next week Porsche will debut the 911 Dakar at the Los Angeles Auto Show. Order early. Those Starbucks parking spaces fill up fast.

img-7-1668004029.jpg

img-8-1668004015.jpg

Really wish I could show you all what’s in my shop right now. 1900+ horsepower electric hypercar. Honestly could never justify the $2.5M for it even if I was the one to hit the powerball, but it is pretty damn cool nonetheless.

Last edited:
Really wish I could show you all what’s in my shop right now. 1900+ horsepower electric hypercar. Honestly could never justify the $2.5M for it even if I was the one to hit the powerball, but it is pretty damn cool nonetheless.

93efa1f0-c2d5-11eb-bff4-343529a71d48.cf.webp

Not quite. Think about a country that might also be next to the Adriatic Sea.

Only thing that fits that bill that comes to mind is a Rimac. Like I said, don't let the hamster near it.

[youtube]A0MYr3IqZAY[/youtube]

Last edited:
Back