• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Love Rustomods.

Cars (and motos) that are squeaky clean scare me.:laughing

Why?

Because I'm lazy when it comes to cleaning my vehicles.

Not basic maintenance though.

That 49 Cadillac is pretty sweet too!
Thanks for sharing.

Well actually it's a '54 and very nice looking!

1) '49 Series 62

2) '54 Eldorado convertible

3) KPKE's pic

Attachments

• 1949 Series 62.jpg
    1949 Series 62.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 1954 Cadillac Eldorado.jpg
    1954 Cadillac Eldorado.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 1954 Cadillac.jpg
    1954 Cadillac.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
2022 Ridler Award Winner

Before.....

shobird-36.png

shobird-01.png

shobird-32.png

Reportedly a $2.5m build

[youtube]gxtzyZk8IAo[/youtube]

Last edited:
I bought my last 750il for 6000...
I saved over 100k in depreciation! At only 10 years old at 120k miles!...:laughing
Also got a S class 500. For 2500.
You cant beat that kind of luxury for that price.

How's the rear end on the 750il?

The original article is in the link below.

Thanks G. not a hit on you, but the article's methodology. I don't believe inflation adjusting the MSRP to market to market in 2022 is a good way to do a depreciation study. A depreciation study that accounts for CPI is factoring out a large factor in LT value. In times of low CPI, deprecation isn't a large factor. In our current time period, it is (25% @ MY2017 and 16% @ MY2019). I'd back those numbers off for "real depreciation" numbers that are actually felt. Those are the numbers people are paying, not backwards inflation adjusted, IMA. That study should have some sort of avg mileage and condition. All vehicles need this for valuation. I'm sure it's there somewhere, but it's not apparent.

Taking two examples, wholesale to wholesale:

911 2WD (base coupe): 2019 Value: $93,500. (24,628 miles. 4.8 cold) (average)
911 2WD (base coupe): 2022 Value: $129,000 (1,948 miles. 5.0 cond) (average)

That's $35.5K of lost value or about 27.5%.

Jeep Rubicon 4C: 2019 Value: $43,200 (32,102 miles. 4.7 cond) (Average)
Jeep Rubicon 4C: 2022 Value: $52,500 (9,182 miles. 4.8 cond) (Average)

That's $10.2K of lost value or about 23.6%

The Jeep is much to the number they've arrived at, but still a bit away. However I did not use MSRP numbers cause I don't know what people are walking out the door paying in 2019. If I inflation adjust the Manheim wholesale numbers, they look like:

911 2019: $108,460
911 2022: $129,000

Lost Value: $20,460 or 15.9%

Jeep Rubicon 2019: $50,112
Jeep Rubicon 2022. $52,500

Lost Value $2,388 or 4.5%.

I've seen these comparisons in the past and I"m not sure of they inflation adjusted in those. Makes sense why their numbers above were so different from what I'm seeing.

The top 5 there are no surprise at all. For whatever reason, those Jeeps and Tacomas just hold value like crazy. And that’s been the case for years now.

What is a bit surprising is the see the sporty cars on that list.

Lookit all the models thought: low MSRP except for the 911. Add back that the analysis included INFLATION ADJUSTMENT to

911's have gone absolutely nuts in 21-22'. Insanity in that market...and which 911 are we talking about? There's plenty of models to choose from or leave out from an aggregate.

Are five year old Jeeps really selling for just $2300 below the original purchase price?
Just costing the owners gas and insurance.

3- 4 year old jeeps are about $10K down with miles from MSRP to wholesale. That's not much at t'all.

It's hard to understand. It's got to be a brand/lifestyle thing.
Because the Jeeps drive terrible. Ever try and take a long road trip in one?
The ones you see with big wheels and lifts wander allover the road.

The JL's are a massive improvement. Totally livable and decent on a road trip. The JK were pretty horrendous. Still a slight dead on-center feel @ the wheel, but totally manageable. Rubicon's have pretty large character.

Your brothers truck is awesome.

+1000. SICK on the rat rod look.

Last edited:
911's have gone absolutely nuts in 21-22'. Insanity in that market...and which 911 are we talking about? There's plenty of models to choose from or leave out from an aggregate.

Even base 992 models have been holding value very well. And then I’m sure the bloated over original MSRP values of all the GT and Turbo models for the 992 and 991.2 are certainly helping the average deprecation number.

Yeah, the Targa's are great @ holding value too. Overall though, lots of 911's traded hands over the last 2 years and I suspect that drove numbers up.

I do see wholesale DB's as a highly accurate numbers comparison source as they're actual sales with qualifiers behind each sale/ unit sold.

If you like NASCAR, this campus is an absolute Disneyland to take a tour of. I walked through this whole place six years ago and it took us most of the day. This…amazing drone pilot takes you on the tour in a matter of minutes.

[youtube]j5XZY1Gn2Ig[/youtube]

Pretty cool video!
I don't think you need to be a Nascar fan to appreciate this though, just a gear head. :)
DT

Never seen that before. Super cool, thanks Rob.

Most excellent video share Rob. So many of the shops I wanted to stop and look at. Guess NASCAR’s big business.

Not exactly jaw dropping, but a new Prius and Prius Prime have been intro'd...

[YOUTUBE]wKlH_TtpQ_M[/YOUTUBE]

2023-Toyota-Prius-042.jpg

Swoopy!

At least it's not jaw-droppingly ugly like the outgoing model (and this comes from a Prius owner).

At least it's not jaw-droppingly ugly like the outgoing model (and this comes from a Prius owner).

Definitely an improvement.

My neighbor had the first generation which was, um, quite odd looking.

She'd still have it if some a'holes hadn't stolen her catalytic converter last year.

2022 Ridler Award Winner

Before.....

[url]https://www.procompcustom.com/images/gallery/shobird-36.png[/url][IMG]

[IMG][url]https://www.procompcustom.com/images/gallery/shobird-01.png[/url][IMG]

[IMG][url]https://www.procompcustom.com/images/gallery/shobird-32.png[/url][IMG]

Reportedly a $2.5m build

[youtube]gxtzyZk8IAo[youtube][/QUOTE]

Incredible build. The car does absolutely nothing for me though :laughing

The Porsche 911 Dakar...

911-Dakar-3.jpg

So that starts at like Turbo kind of money, but only has GTS power. I’m sure all 2500 will have no problem selling, and the amount of them that actually see real off road is a number I can count using nothing more than my fingers and toes.

And of course, in case you’d like to spend even more money on a pointless sports car with knobby tires? Also recently announced from VAG is the Lamborghini Huracan Steratto.

tom_6147.jpg

Most excellent video share Rob. So many of the shops I wanted to stop and look at. Guess NASCAR’s big business.

You see it for a couple seconds in the video, but it was more impressive in person seeing a giant room full of Haas CNC machines (had to be maybe two dozen of them) all running making various parts. Big business indeed. Apparently, Hendrick Motorsports makes engines for many other teams in addition to the four Cup cars they run out of that campus.

Back