• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

So that starts at like Turbo kind of money, but only has GTS power. I’m sure all 2500 will have no problem selling, and the amount of them that actually see real off road is a number I can count using nothing more than my fingers and toes.

I'll take mine with the Rothman's-style paint job! :laughing

Last edited:
Also recently announced from VAG is the Lamborghini Huracan Steratto.

tom_6147.jpg

looks like someone's been watching B is for Build
lamborghini-huracan-off-road-jumpacan-b-build-9.jpg

Apparently Flock of Seagulls is retro cool now.

[youtube]zmADLllSxOE[/youtube]

lotus-emira-v6-first-edition.jpg

So I got to drive one of these this week. The 2023 Lotus Emira. The “1st Edition” which means it has all the options, is about $94k and goes on sale here sometime next Spring. The base car will be in the mid 80s and arrives later next year along with the AMG inline-4 engine. Though if you’re smart, you live with the extra weight and get it with the supercharged Toyota V6. Sounds better and damn sure more reliable.

I gotta say. This car is exactly what the world of car enthusiasts needs right now. It’s very mechanical and precise feeling. Hell, the shifter mechanism is actually visible in the center console. Like McLaren, they still use hydraulic power steering to maintain great steering feel, which is certainly has. This is not the car to stoplight race kids in their Hellcats. It’s 400hp but that’s nothing special anymore in the horsepower arms race most other performance cars are in. All the hype over how great a Porsche Cayman is to drive? This car is better. And do I even need to say how much better it looks than a Cayman?

If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. Though, it appears we are sold out for about four years though.

That's slightly more attainable than the almost 3 million dollar AMG One lol

Thanks for the write-up Rob.
At first sight I thought: Lotus 911. :laughing

Also, a bit heavier than I would have expected, seeing as it's a Lotus.
I love the look though.

Specifications

2023 Lotus Emira
Vehicle Type: mid-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 2-passenger, 2-door coupe

PRICE
Base, $77,100; First Edition, $96,100

ENGINES
turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 16-valve 2.0-liter inline-4, 360 hp, 316 lb-ft; supercharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve 3.5-liter V-6, 400 hp, 310-317 lb-ft

TRANSMISSIONS
6-speed manual or automatic (V-6); 8-speed dual-clutch automatic (inline-4)

DIMENSIONS
Wheelbase: 101.4 in
Length: 173.7 in
Width: 74.6 in
Height: 48.2 in
Passenger Volume: 46 ft3
Trunk Volume: 5 ft3
Curb Weight (C/D est): 3520 lb

PERFORMANCE (C/D EST)
60 mph: 4.0-4.2 sec
100 mph: 10.2-10.4 sec
1/4-Mile: 12.5-12.8 sec
Top Speed: 180 mph

EPA FUEL ECONOMY (C/D EST)
Combined/City/Highway: 20-21/17-18/24-27 mpg

Also, a bit heavier than I would have expected, seeing as it's a Lotus.
I love the look though.

Same weight as the new Nissan Z.

Looks a million times nicer though.

Last ICE Lotus is what they are saying.

They can claim pretty close weight/wheelbase/length/width to a first gen Jeep Grand Cherokee, so that's pretty sweet.

The weight is definitely not what you’d expect for a Lotus. But for the most part, it’s still pretty light for a car in today’s age of crash standards and so on. Just to put some perspective on it, a McLaren 570, which is a carbon fiber monocoque frame, is still over 3200lbs as well.

The Emira, and the Evora before it are chunky boys compared to the Elise/Exige. But the Elise/Exige is tiny. Too small. I can’t even drive them since I absolutely can not fit and safely operate the controls. Plus it has the feel of a kit car. The Evora and now even more so the Emira has much more room inside. I’m almost 6’4” and I have no problem working all the pedals and there’s even enough headroom for a helmet. Plus the Emira has a properly finished interior with power seats and all even with pretty decent sounding stereo too.

Back