• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Top Gear just "tested" this thing; AMG One.

Based on the F1 car.

Well, they tested two and they both had electronic failures after a lap or two so they bypassed the "problem" by just putting it in the Max mode.

Chris basically said it was a POS without saying so.

Looks nice though.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a15082615/mercedes-amg-project-one-photos-and-info-news/

Mercedes-AMG-Project-One-102.jpg

I posted about it a couple pages ago. Evidently it's basically a road legal F1 car. Disappointing to hear about malfunctions

Time to dig all that spare change out of your couch cushions, its OK to build GT500 Eleanors again.

Road&Track.com: Shelby Estate Wins "Eleanor" Mustang Copyright Lawsuit

According to a press release from the Shelby Trust, Halicki's case was based around the concept that "Eleanor" was a character in its own right, one with defined traits reflected across multiple movies that would make any build inspired by the car a commercial copy of the character. The courts disagreed, calling those characterizations "an invention of overzealous advocacy."

Upside: Shops have more freedom to build customs and replicas.

Downside: More movies with Nicholas Cage phoning it in.

1967-ford-mustang-eleanor-dsc-5386-1670786629.jpg

Last edited:
those twatwaffles bullied B is for Build on youtube into surrendering their elanor build. i wonder how that ruling affects them and other victims of their overzealous advocacy?

edit: posted before reading, the article references an article about B is for Build.

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]EyDpQpcPpuc[/YOUTUBE]

I just came here to post that. As impressive as that new Lucid is, the thing that I was most gobsmacked about was Herrin's time in the quarter mile. I wonder if a prepped surface would have helped or hindered his performance?

I don't recall if we covered the McMurtry but it is mind boggling. This is the car that killed it at Goodwood this year. This deep dive video is even more eye opening. They plan to make road going versions.

[YOUTUBE]TptzkkbC1vE[/YOUTUBE]

Look how long it took for somebody to pick up where Chaparral left off.

I just came here to post that. As impressive as that new Lucid is, the thing that I was most gobsmacked about was Herrin's time in the quarter mile. I wonder if a prepped surface would have helped or hindered his performance?

The car I can’t say or post pictures of would shit all over any of those. The engineers were saying it has a true top speed of 500kph (310mph), but they have to limit it to only 350kmh because they don’t want to chance the tires coming apart.

Customer took delivery of it a couple weeks ago. He’s got all the stupidly fast Ferraris, McLarens, and all that. After he drove it just for a little bit he said it’s easily the fastest car he’s even driven by far.

The car I can’t say or post pictures of would shit all over any of those. The engineers were saying it has a true top speed of 500kph (310mph), but they have to limit it to only 350kmh because they don’t want to chance the tires coming apart.

Customer took delivery of it a couple weeks ago. He’s got all the stupidly fast Ferraris, McLarens, and all that. After he drove it just for a little bit he said it’s easily the fastest car he’s even driven by far.

Sounds Absolut awesome. Can't wait to see real numbers/times on it when it can be shared.

Sounds Absolut awesome. Can't wait to see real numbers/times on it when it can be shared.

I see what you did there, nicely done.

I don't recall if we covered the McMurtry but it is mind boggling. This is the car that killed it at Goodwood this year. This deep dive video is even more eye opening. They plan to make road going versions.

[YOUTUBE]TptzkkbC1vE[/YOUTUBE]

Cool shit you can do with EV packaging.:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

Time to dig all that spare change out of your couch cushions, its OK to build GT500 Eleanors again.

Upside: Shops have more freedom to build customs and replicas.

Downside: More movies with Nicholas Cage phoning it in.

:rofl

That thing is most awesome. So much cool tech. :thumbup

Fun video and awesome cars.. all of them and of course an awesome moto!

Love the happy dance at the end with Herrin's head down.... :laughing

Only a few more days until Santa slides his Lancia Rally 037 into your neighborhood.

[YOUTUBE]WbwH5XKpzFE[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]5_xrAMCYlCo[/YOUTUBE]

A 7:16.04 is insanely quick for a production anything on showroom tires. The ZL1 ILE will go down as the best two door, 4 place production car ever, IMO...especially at its price point. This video is awesome. 175 into one of the corners.

[YOUTUBE]5_xrAMCYlCo[/YOUTUBE]

A 7:16.04 is insanely quick for a production anything on showroom tires. The ZL1 ILE will go down as the best two door, 4 place production car ever, IMO...especially at its price point. This video is awesome. 175 into one of the corners.

Pretty badass. Imagine how much faster that corner entry would be with better 6th speed gearing. By the time he shifted into 6th it didn't do much. Seems like there is a bit still on the table there.

ZL1 1LE might as well have gone all in down the race car route that the 5th Gen Z/28 did, and have a gutted interior, no stereo, carbon brakes, and so on.

A regular ZL1 is a fantastic all around amazing bang for the buck car. Tack that 1LE package on there, and yeah it is a fantastic track car, but wow does it sacrifice a lot for street use. Those R comp Goodyear tires are super sketchy unless you have track levels of heat in them. And the Multimatic spool valve dampers are…STIFF!!! Holy crap is it a back breaker.

Pretty badass. Imagine how much faster that corner entry would be with better 6th speed gearing. By the time he shifted into 6th it didn't do much. Seems like there is a bit still on the table there.

Agree...I thought that was weird too. The same engine in the auto keeps pulling pretty good at that point in the CTS-V.

Horrifically loud interior noise level

It's all about the screaming!

Back