• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Agree...I thought that was weird too. The same engine in the auto keeps pulling pretty good at that point in the CTS-V.

CTS is a bit more slippery than the 1LE. The Camaro’s giant grille opening. The dive planes and rear wing…lotta drag there at 150+ speeds.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I’ve always said that horsepower can make up for ugly (see S1000rr and Nissan GTR), but I’m actually not sure in this case. That grill is a hard stop for me.

The ZL1 ILE will go down as the best two door, 4 place production car ever, IMO...especially at its price point. This video is awesome. 175 into one of the corners.

I thought it would suck but the documentary entitled "Rookie Season" on Prime is a must see if you are a Chevy Camaro fan.

It follows Rebel Rock Racing during their inaugural IMSA season.

There is a scene with the pro driver in the car during rain that will knock your socks off as the in car is nail biting.

Starts a bit slow but the payoff is in the second half.

https://jalopnik.com/rookie-season-is-a-must-watch-for-anyone-who-has-dreame-1849674345

Last edited:
I’ve always said that horsepower can make up for ugly (see S1000rr and Nissan GTR), but I’m actually not sure in this case. That grill is a hard stop for me.

the grill is forgivable but the transition from rear door to fender flare is jarring and probably visible in your side mirrors. it looks like a cheap body kit applied by a youtuber

the grill is forgivable but the transition from rear door to fender flare is jarring and probably visible in your side mirrors. it looks like a cheap body kit applied by a youtuber

Know what, I hadn't seen that. You've got a good point there. I can also live with the grill. No worse than a CTS-V. At least this can be identified as a beemer from a mile away.

Yeah, not a pretty wagon at all, particularly when put up against any given Merc wagon.

BMW design lately has been "chunky", like LEGO chunky.

The new E-class wagon looks pedestrian af. The interiors look and feel pretty luxurious but the exterior styling makes me yawn.

Alfa 8C. The only one I have seen.

Attachments

• 9EE7827E-D099-4976-B459-78F69CD60C1F.jpg
    9EE7827E-D099-4976-B459-78F69CD60C1F.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 19
2022_mercedes-benz_e-class_all-terrain-pic-5380990317564214857-1024x768.jpeg

I'd take the E over the BMW that makes me long for the return of Chris Bangle....

Even uglier is the latest 7 series. I'd say the new BMW's are "pedestrian", but it's only because they make me want to walk rather than drive.... ;)

That BMW looks like a 4 wheel version of these guys... even down to the teeth!

SNL-Hans-and-Franz.jpg

I'll take any Merc zeppelin over that any day.... :laughing

mercedes-amg-e63-wagon-side-jpg-1621971154.jpg

Last edited:
I thought it would suck but the documentary entitled "Rookie Season" on Prime is a must see if you are a Chevy Camaro fan.

It follows Rebel Rock Racing during their inaugural IMSA season.

There is a scene with the pro driver in the car during rain that will knock your socks off as the in car is nail biting.

Starts a bit slow but the payoff is in the second half.

https://jalopnik.com/rookie-season-is-a-must-watch-for-anyone-who-has-dreame-1849674345

HNY Geoff!

Thanks for the recon...gonna go check it out this weekend.

HNY Geoff!

Thanks for the recon...gonna go check it out this weekend.

Just a side note, in that preview, as they go back green, the Optima sponsored car to his left is ours.
I've known Robin Liddell since 2005. He's a pretty cool guy.
Frank Depew, he gave Robin Liddell a steady job.

Back