• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

F that noise. Sell Jabroc kits for passenger cars and charge for using that K wall like an express lane. That state DOT would rake in $$$ from Mustang and Challenger/Charger drivers.

Let's make this more realistic. How about we allow the use of rail by car drivers using simple equipment like so:

Screen-Shot-2018-04-16-at-3.17.18-PM.png

Then maybe smart folks can work on making cars turn themselves into trains when enough of them are going down the same rail line in self-driving mode. The future is now!

Let's make this more realistic. How about we allow the use of rail by car drivers using simple equipment like so:

Screen-Shot-2018-04-16-at-3.17.18-PM.png

Then maybe smart folks can work on making cars turn themselves into trains when enough of them are going down the same rail line in self-driving mode. The future is now!

I have a relative who is a lawyer for a large insurance company. There have been two cases (two!) in the last few years where operators have managed to crash those trucks while they were deployed on railroad tracks. Seems impossible but it happens. Makes the Challenger driver seem very lucky or curiously skilled. :laughing

Last edited:
If anyone has been meaning to pick up a V12 Aston…sell a kidney or whatever soon. It’s going out with a 759hp bang.
Might as well be 1759hp all the same, these things just can not put the power down

dbs-770-ultimate_01.jpg

And yesterday, the New Balance with jorts wearing, phone belt clip having, 850 FICO crowd of boomers in the world had their collective heads explode with the announcement of the first all wheel drive hybrid Corvette.

2024-chevrolet-corvette-e-ray-3lz-001.jpg

Everyone at Honda probably dumbfounded that they beat everyone to the hybrid supercar game yet couldn’t sell enough units to keep the lights on at the factory.

That car doesn't look the part. I put a trailer hitch on a customer's car many years ago, so he could drive to track days, then have his track tires and a tool box there.

Texas. The hitch is for pulling one of those big BBQ grill trailers.

That car doesn't look the part. I put a trailer hitch on a customer's car many years ago, so he could drive to track days, then have his track tires and a tool box there.

Texas. The hitch is for pulling one of those big BBQ grill trailers.

I'm going to go with the BBQ story given the driver's obvious lack of skills that could have been developed at a track day or 2....

:laughing

If anyone has been meaning to pick up a V12 Aston…sell a kidney or whatever soon. It’s going out with a 759hp bang.
Might as well be 1759hp all the same, these things just can not put the power down

dbs-770-ultimate_01.jpg

I swear those cars just look so sexy. not at all like these sharp angle supercars with zero sexiness.

Corvets New Electric hybrid can only go 2 miles on its battery....
So its ca leagle ? As a hybrid?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230119-123145_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230119-123145_Chrome.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 18
Corvets New Electric hybrid can only go 2 miles on its battery....
So its ca leagle ? As a hybrid?

It’s not a plug in hybrid, which would have a much bigger battery pack so it could function for a little while as an EV. Nor is it a hybrid in the sense that it’s going to get better gas mileage like a Prius. The electrification is there is to increase performance and capability. Just like the NSX. Longest I was ever able to drive an NSX without the ICE firing up wasn’t even one mile.

It’s not a plug in hybrid, which would have a much bigger battery pack so it could function for a little while as an EV. Nor is it a hybrid in the sense that it’s going to get better gas mileage like a Prius. The electrification is there is to increase performance and capability. Just like the NSX. Longest I was ever able to drive an NSX without the ICE firing up wasn’t even one mile.

you aren't kidding.

The wide body hurts aerodynamics, and the extra motor, lithium-ion battery, and other components add weight. Essentially, the fuel economy gains from hybridization are canceled out, Juechter says. The car has not been EPA-rated, but he expects the E-Ray's numbers to be similar to the Stingray's 16/24/19 mpg in city/highway/combined driving. The wider E-Ray will be less efficient in highway driving but could improve in city driving by 1 mpg with its ability to regenerate energy and the addition of the stop-start system.

That's the same fuel economy numbers as my 98 528i and I only get 190 horsepower :laughing

That's the same fuel economy numbers as my 98 528i and I only get 190 horsepower :laughing

Corvettes actually typically do even better. A base Stingray will probably get right around 30 on the highway. And they used to be even better years ago. My old 2003 could see up to 35-36 on the highway.

The newer ones with more weight and more downforce (drag)…30 is the realistic limit. And mine with an obnoxious amount of power, huge tires, and lots of downforce? I probably average 13 or so.

Time for my annual World Rally Championship season kick-off post which always has less traction than the ice and snow in the mountains above Monaco.

The WRC Monte Carlo Rally started this weekend. Its the first of 13 rallies across five continents. Time to smash the throttle, abuse the rear brake, and grab a handful of opposite lock.

More about the WRC available HERE. Highlights and other content available all season on the WRC YouTube channel.

Rallye_Monte_Carlo_2022_Critiche_Team-1024x682.jpg

210922_Monte1_15b4e_f_1400x788.jpg

[youtube]cHtwo2fy5LU[/youtube]

After the WRC event is the Monte Carlo Rally Historique which lots of really cool classic rally cars getting thrashed in all weather conditions.

csm_Reims-RMC-2023-Affiche120x176_9b14bde354.jpg

I spotted this today and had to circle back around for a second look:

Attachments

• AFF4901E-E50A-478F-BD81-34530AAD9678.jpg
    AFF4901E-E50A-478F-BD81-34530AAD9678.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 24
I spotted this today and had to circle back around for a second look:

Thats cool. There used to be a shop named P1 Racing in Orange County that prepared race cars for SCCA amateur and pro racing. I wonder if they are still around.

Back