• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

We talked about that too now that I think of it. All EV/hybrid vehicles will still show brake lights on regen.

Sort of. On my EV, the brake lights will only come on if it's in max regen mode. In regen modes 1-3, the brake lights will not come on. Regen mode 3 is pretty aggressive, but not as all in as the full regen mode. I'd drive around in regen mode 3 most of the time just because of the brake light thing.

The 2nd gen Prius I had, did not.

Yeah, having the brake lights on the entire distance from the summit to Los Gatos (or summit to Scotts Valley) is dumb and unsafe.

regen to decelerate = brake lights: good

regen to maintain speed = brake lights: bad

Bugs the crap out of me...I certainly hope that the Lyriq doesn't do this. I'll update you later this year.

Too lazy to google the specifics but I think the regen has to more than .xx g’s of deceleration in order for the brake lights to activate. Though I have heard some EVs light them up the instant your foot is off the accelerator.

You’ve got a Lyriq on the way? Nice. I still have a deposit for its stablemate, the Blazer EV…which I imagine someone will be reaching out to me in the coming months to see what I want to do about that. Don’t think I’ll keep it though. Been debating picking up something like a new IS500 or maybe even a Charger just to get the last of the V8s before they’re gone.

Too lazy to google the specifics but I think the regen has to more than .xx g’s of deceleration in order for the brake lights to activate. Though I have heard some EVs light them up the instant your foot is off the accelerator.

You’ve got a Lyriq on the way? Nice. I still have a deposit for its stablemate, the Blazer EV…which I imagine someone will be reaching out to me in the coming months to see what I want to do about that. Don’t think I’ll keep it though. Been debating picking up something like a new IS500 or maybe even a Charger just to get the last of the V8s before they’re gone.

Not a fan of Dodge's upcoming Dyson?

[YOUTUBE]Xm-J7bo5q3o[/YOUTUBE]

Not a fan of Dodge's upcoming Dyson?

I hope the overwhelming amount of cringes that they got at the launch of that thing convinces them to rethink that whole fake revving thing before they release that car.

I hope the overwhelming amount of cringes that they got at the launch of that thing convinces them to rethink that whole fake revving thing before they release that car.

Yea, IMO it actually looks pretty cool, apparently it'll be plenty fast and probably about as aerodynamic as you can get while sort of maintaining a muscle car-ish front fascia. But, JFC that noise was just obviously garbage, and I'm amazed that they thought it was a good idea. I also expect that they are going to get a lot of pushback if they go ahead with using software to paywall performance that the car's hardware is perfectly capable of delivering.

You guys talking about hypermiling your Corvettes and Priuses really makes this thread fun. :p

Daytona 24 hour is this weekend.

DIS-2022-Rolex24-1024x512-1-1024x500.jpg

[YOUTUBE]-xqRB0hi12U[/YOUTUBE]
It looks like Mercedes, Aston Martin, and Acura are the best choices this year for GT. Porsche and BMW are mostly hanging on. They're 2-3 seconds off of pole in qualifying. Qual position obviously isn't the biggest problem in a 24 hour race, but it shows their supposed capability, or lack thereof.

Let's hope the new GTP cars are reliable for their first year. Roll the dice whether Acura, Cadillac, or Porsche come out on top. I think it will be down to strategy and keeping the cars on track. The BMW doesn't look terribly competitive, but it's not way off like the Porsche GT3.

Qualifying times for the 9 GTP cars. Very close field, should be a good race!

[Action Express Cadillac will also be running in the 2023 Le Mans / WEC 24 Hours race. First time for Cadillac since 2002. Pic at bottom]

Cla Num Driver Class Chassis Laps Time Gap Interval km/h
1 7 Australia Matt Campbell
Brazil Felipe Nasr
Denmark Michael Christensen
GTP Porsche 963 33 1'35.802 133.776

2 10 United States Ricky Taylor
Portugal Filipe Albuquerque
Switzerland Louis Deletraz
New Zealand Brendon Hartley
GTP Acura ARX-06 42 1'35.974 0.172 0.172 133.536

3 02 New Zealand Earl Bamber
United Kingdom Alex Lynn
United Kingdom Richard Westbrook
GTP Cadillac V-LMDh 54 1'36.179 0.377 0.205 133.252

4 01 France Sébastien Bourdais
Netherlands Renger van der Zande
New Zealand Scott Dixon
GTP Cadillac V-LMDh 49 1'36.214 0.412 0.035 133.203

5 31 Brazil Pipo Derani
United Kingdom Alexander Sims
United Kingdom Jack Aitken
GTP Cadillac V-LMDh 49 1'36.270 0.468 0.056 133.126

6 25 United States Connor de Phillippi
United Kingdom Nick Yelloly
South Africa Sheldon Van Der Linde
United States Colton Herta
GTP BMW M Hybrid V8 43 1'36.462 0.660 0.192 132.861

7 6 France Mathieu Jaminet
United Kingdom Nick Tandy
United States Dane Cameron
GTP Porsche 963 50 1'36.498 0.696 0.036 132.811

8 60 United Kingdom Tom Blomqvist
United States Colin Braun
Brazil Helio Castroneves
France Simon Pagenaud
GTP Acura ARX-06 41 1'36.909 1.107 0.411 132.248

9 24 Austria Philipp Eng
Brazil Augusto Farfus
Germany Marco Wittmann
United States Colton Herta
GTP BMW M Hybrid V8 27 1'37.152 1.350 0.243 131.917

Attachments

• 2002_Cadillac_LMP.jpg
    2002_Cadillac_LMP.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Found this @ Taco Temple,
I believe it is a BMW electric, what caught my eye was the 1/2 door without handle.
I have this on my '02 Dodge Ram, before they went to 4 real doors

Attachments

• IMG_4719.jpg
    IMG_4719.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 15
That's an i3, infamous for its "pizza cutter" wheels among other things. Unusual (but spacious) interior and one of the first EVs BMW made.

That's an i3, infamous for its "pizza cutter" wheels among other things. Unusual (but spacious) interior and one of the first EVs BMW made.

Yup.

I really liked the interior. As a new car, it was pretty overpriced for it's segment of 'tiny EV forward hatchback', and the range was not particularly great, but otherwise it was fine for the time.

With the current EVs coming out, though, the range just wasn't up to snuff, and also BMW probably wants to take the i3 branding back for an EV version of the 3 series.

The interior looked like snips-n-snails and puppy dog tails. Performance was eclipsed by even the Prii. But that rear half door...like the F150 when they came out with the rear door handles ensconced in the rear latch. My roommate almost slammed hand in it in 97' when we looked at them at the auto show. IIRc, they changed it pretty fast to the interior squeeze handle in the rear door arm rest.

Back to the GV80: hour 7 of the correction/ detail and the paint has proven to be easy to work with cause it's about the softest paint i've ever worked on, sans the Fisker. The Fisker paint is about equal to the Genesis paint. Makes correction much easier and depth of gloss/ reflection excellent, but low durability means artifacts in the paint more easily and scratches will build quickly. Overall, that means more paint correction. For someone who cares, they'll need to up the schedule. On the + side: the paint's thick: 5.5mil to 5.0mil. That's 1.0mil more than some US and most German counter parts who are @ 3.5mil-4.0Mil.

My favorite Cammer pic.

Attachments

• Cammer-Glow.jpg
    Cammer-Glow.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 19
Fanboied out a little today. Finally got to see a Vanquish Zagato Shooting Brake. I love it.

Attachments

• 3BC305A6-C832-4DF0-8216-A1CE37B57313.jpg
    3BC305A6-C832-4DF0-8216-A1CE37B57313.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 38
Back