• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

I suppose. Mazda certainly the better value I’d say. Could buy about 30 Mazdas for what that thing cost.

I suppose. Mazda certainly the better value I’d say. Could buy about 30 Mazdas for what that thing cost.

Can you bet me some Aston Martin badges for my wife's Mazda CX5 GTR Turbo? :laughing

Just kidding of course.

Can you bet me some Aston Martin badges for my wife's Mazda CX5 GTR Turbo? :laughing

Just kidding of course.

I think the Aston Wings would be more at home on a Ford Fusion. You know the one. The front grille looks totally like an Aston. Figures, the brother of the designer of the Aston did the Fusion.

Anyways. You want a badge? I’ll get you a badge. About $400 for the enamel one or $1400 for the solid forged carbon fiber one. Lololol. A blue oval Ford badge is usually about 30 bucks.

Do you one even better. An Aston Martin oil filter for a V12 list prices for about $55. Other than the branding on the outside, dimensionally it’s same one you can get for a Ford (FL820) for about 3 bucks at any auto parts store. Literally one of the most common oil filter made.

I came close to pulling the trigger on a 6M Vantage coupe
a couple of years ago. But when I saw the parts prices, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Nice driving and killer styling, though.

I came close to pulling the trigger on a 6M Vantage coupe
a couple of years ago. But when I saw the parts prices, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Nice driving and killer styling, though.

Those are cool. Not really all that fast, maybe about as fast as a new V8 Challenger. But they sound amazing.

They even made the new Mercedes engined Vantage with a manual too. Super rare. I’ve only ever seen one. Funky dogleg 7M setup. Great for track driving if you’re constantly going 2-3 and 3-2. Not so good for street driving though.

Attachments

• E045BAD4-7EA3-4DBF-977F-01E934C3C5F3.jpg
    E045BAD4-7EA3-4DBF-977F-01E934C3C5F3.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 31
Apparently, in Japan, it's "a thing" to customize Toyota Yaris's to look like old Jags...

xl1le8ejyknqgblandkf

makilt8kmkwophpxsqbh

Don't like Jags? How about a RAV-4 customized to look like an old Chevy pick up?

scx9afm3axzndlnenpct

Agree. Those other easter bunny looking things are made for figure 8 racing...

Also concur.

The council has hereby ratified this and it is considered “allowed” from hence forth.

The goofy looking Yaris on the other hand? No. Just no.

Those are cool. Not really all that fast, maybe about as fast as a new V8 Challenger. But they sound amazing.

They even made the new Mercedes engined Vantage with a manual too. Super rare. I’ve only ever seen one. Funky dogleg 7M setup. Great for track driving if you’re constantly going 2-3 and 3-2. Not so good for street driving though.

Agreed on the exhaust note. One of the best factory systems I've ever heard.

Didn't know there was a manual option with the TT. I don't get the dogleg setup though... you're going to be shifting into 1st a lot more than 7th!

Agreed on the exhaust note. One of the best factory systems I've ever heard.

Didn't know there was a manual option with the TT. I don't get the dogleg setup though... you're going to be shifting into 1st a lot more than 7th!

You should hear the Vantage GT8 then. Titanium system on that one and it’s just glorious.

The dogleg 1st is super dumb for a road car. But if you’re on a track or a spirited pace on a backroad, you’d never be in 1st. You’d be going back and forth between 2nd and 3rd a lot. So a straight shot to the gates makes more sense in that particular use.

Apparently, in Japan, it's "a thing" to customize Toyota Yaris's to look like old Jags...

xl1le8ejyknqgblandkf

makilt8kmkwophpxsqbh

Don't like Jags? How about a RAV-4 customized to look like an old Chevy pick up?

scx9afm3axzndlnenpct

Ah the wonderfully silly Mitsuoka:

Some of their other vehicles:

How about a MX-5 turned into a Stingray:

l_ins29.jpeg

or another Jag:
img_slide02.jpg

How about a Rolls?

l_ins9.jpg

:thumbup

Back