• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

You should hear the Vantage GT8 then. Titanium system on that one and it’s just glorious.

The dogleg 1st is super dumb for a road car. But if you’re on a track or a spirited pace on a backroad, you’d never be in 1st. You’d be going back and forth between 2nd and 3rd a lot. So a straight shot to the gates makes more sense in that particular use.

I'll keep an eye open for the GT8. Even though I didn't get a Vantage, I still stare every time I see one.

Noted on the shift pattern. I'm just thinking that the majority of those cars are never going to see any spirited backroad driving, let alone a track. But maybe if the owner opts for a manual these days, he/she is enough of an enthusiast that maybe it'll get wrung out :thumbup

Need to see more angles but...uh...not bad.

I was tempted on this one, but when it got in the 50's, I didn't know where that would leave me when I wanted to get out...and it was a little rough. Neat looking tho..

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1935-auburn-boattail-6/

1935_auburn_boattail_2024_web-scaled.jpg

Saturday project: Making a list of countries where the M3 Touring is sold which also do not have extradition treaties with the U.S. for financial crimes.

[YOUTUBE]Eykg4lX5LOU[/YOUTUBE]

It’s probably for the best (for me at least) that they aren’t going to sell it here. I’d probably go make a super bad financial decision if they did.

It’s probably for the best (for me at least) that they aren’t going to sell it here. I’d probably go make a super bad financial decision if they did.

I got you.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2023/02/17/bmw-m5-touring-america/

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a42857521/bmw-m5-next-gen-wagon-2024/

A new generation of the BMW 5-series is on the way and wears the codename G60. But the most exciting news will come in July 2024, when the M division will launch the new M5. Dubbed G90, the top-of-the-line model will only be available in Label Red high-performance guise rated at 735 horsepower and 735 pound-feet of torque. You guessed it—the next M5 shares its plug-in-hybrid drivetrain with the polarizing XM SUV out this summer. While it will be offered as a sedan once again, we hear that the M5 Touring station wagon (G99), due to go into production in late 2024, is at long last considered for exportation to North America.

I was tempted on this one, but when it got in the 50's, I didn't know where that would leave me when I wanted to get out...and it was a little rough. Neat looking tho..

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1935-auburn-boattail-6/

1935_auburn_boattail_2024_web-scaled.jpg

that was a really good price for the seller IMO. the interiors of those replicas always kill them. the exterior (needing a full repaint per some of the comments) usually looks pretty good, and then the interior looks like malaise era american garbage as it does here. what a letdown.

Sure, and you can do it with a 300hp, AWD, twin turbo v6

That’s an interesting site. For $35k…this is pretty legendary. IYKYK.

car_a2c3d59b-c833-48eb-8576-e2028ae9656e_640_0

that was a really good price for the seller IMO. the interiors of those replicas always kill them. the exterior (needing a full repaint per some of the comments) usually looks pretty good, and then the interior looks like malaise era american garbage as it does here. what a letdown.

Total letdown when you get into the details. A true SCUD.

Sure, and you can do it with a 300hp, AWD, twin turbo v6

So a V70R 6M, pretty much?

Alright mike5, your turn... Or my turn bit the other way round?

This is mine. 2020 Toyota land cruiser and to most it's just another soulless japanese appliance suv in refrigerator white but to me.... Jaw drops because it's the nicest vehicle I have ever owned by a long shot. It's also everything I want in a daily driver, except of course the MPG but eh. I'll deal because due to the HVAC equipped seats my ass is always comfy so far. i'm probably not going to get a chance to see how it dominates the record snow in the sierras because of schedule conflicts but that's fine, because the previous owner put highway warrior all season tires on it that are probably more like ice skates than snow tires. anyway, if anyone out there has some heritage edition wheels they want to unload so i can pretend i got the ultra shishi model i'm interested.

Attachments

• Resize_20230228_091050_0807.jpg
    Resize_20230228_091050_0807.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
...to most it's just another soulless japanese appliance suv in refrigerator white

Dude, anyone that knows cars knows that 'cruisers are great trucks. You can go from taking kids to soccer practice to taking mercenaries to the front line. Those things are legendary, you shouldn't feel bad about owning that.

i dont' feel bad per se, just not sure it qualifies as Jaw Dropping.

Dude, anyone that knows cars knows that 'cruisers are great trucks. You can go from taking kids to soccer practice to taking mercenaries to the front line. Those things are legendary, you shouldn't feel bad about owning that.

this is an accurate description of my commute. the south end of 880 as it turns into 17 up to fremont. it is paved like the ho chi min trail and garrisoned with similar drivers

Hmmmm....

2880px-2016-2018_Toyota_Land_Cruiser_%28VDJ200R%29_VX_wagon_%282018-09-03%29_01.jpg

+

91sSeW0FXzL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Is this the recipe for the best technical for American Suburbia?

So a V70R 6M, pretty much?

More or less., But, since my first ",fun" import was a DSM, I've always had a soft spot for the Galant VR4, Eclipse/Talon/Laser triplets, and the Evo.

So, the Wagon version of those is just *chefs kiss*

Back