• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Truth. Or PA!

I'm surprised there isn't a 6M TT Dodge Stealth R/T in place of the Miata, though.

Ok, back to that Range Rover Park City Edition...
Land Rover Will Sell You a $165,000 set of skis and throw in a Range Rover Sport.
Skis are custom made by Hinterland's that run about $1650.00. Guess you'll have buy your own boots, bindings, and poles. :x Well, I'm out! :laughing
Rather have the D90 at 100G's anyway.

Attachments

• Hinterland.jpg
    Hinterland.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 24
Truth. Or PA!

I'm surprised there isn't a 6M TT Dodge Stealth R/T in place of the Miata, though.

:laughing

The 911 isn't on that list, the 240z isn't, those omissions are inexcusable.

Vette and Cobra belong on there as does the Viper vs the Transam and Charger.

For most of its life the Mustang was no sports car.

I hear a certain politicians are against the Transam and want it removed from history. :(
Apparently they are worried about the kids.

DT

Last edited:
I hear a certain politicians are against the Transam and want it removed from history. :(
Apparently they are worried about the kids.

DT

My sister's then boyfriend had a black one (1977 version?) with the Chicken on the hood in the late 70s/early 80s.

180 road ripping hp.:laughing

In the late 70's we had quite a few Arabs going to college at HSU. This was their favorite car to have Dad buy for transportation while living here. Notunusual to see 5 or 6 at local clubs on the weekends.
I always wondered if they had them shipped home when they completed the studies here.
DT

Not bad , Holeshot, not bad.

I was going to make a comment about the skis as that is squarely in my wheelhouse, But I'm glad you did first.

Also, Praxis > anything else I've found

Praxis? Gonna go look them up...The BC's have been great so far and I've been looking at the Stokli Stormrider 88's. The question is: are those too close to the 105 BC's? I mean, 88 VS 105 is a difference, but enough? I run the BC's on frontside/ backside, but most of the time is spent on FS bombers. I enjoyed the 88's, but that was before I got the BC's.

:laughing

The 911 isn't on that list, the 240z isn't, those omissions are inexcusable.

Vette and Cobra belong on there as does the Viper vs the Transam and Charger.

For most of its life the Mustang was no sports car.

Haha! It's true on the Turbo, but previous 1997, the 911 Turbo wasn't the cat's meow, IIRC. Now, the Vector, First Gen Viper and XJ220 were my poster cars in my room. The 78 T/A was cool, but nothing like those others.

Funny stuff: years ago I bought a 91 Viper and drove it awhile before reselling. What a mess of a vehicle. Neat for the time, but full on show car that was super impractical and felt like a dump truck. Took that poster down. Later, I got a 97' GTS and backed it into a curb at around 80mph showing a friend how fun they were when they broke loose around corners. Didn't make that corner and did like $10K damage to the rear suspension...knocked it out of the rear end almost. That car was light years better than the 91'. Sold both and made some good money, but man...the Viper is one of the easiest cars to lost the rear in and be unable to recover. Seen it several times at the track.

Vector: Watched Doug Demuro's review of it and no-thanks to that car too now. But, I still kinda want that 6M TT Stealth. Total POS, but like the kinda hot, but full cranked out chick...I know how the relationship is gonna go and that it's a bad idea. Only one of those allowed at one time and until I sell the 01 WS6, the Stealth is on restriction!

This one?

1976-Chevrolet-Chevette-coupe-06.jpg

Hahahahahahahaha! So awesome!!

Funny stuff: years ago I bought a 91 Viper and drove it awhile before reselling. What a mess of a vehicle. Neat for the time, but full on show car that was super impractical and felt like a dump truck. Took that poster down. Later, I got a 97' GTS and backed it into a curb at around 80mph showing a friend how fun they were when they broke loose around corners. Didn't make that corner and did like $10K damage to the rear suspension...knocked it out of the rear end almost. That car was light years better than the 91'. Sold both and made some good money, but man...the Viper is one of the easiest cars to lost the rear in and be unable to recover. Seen it several times at the track.

Those early ones with no nannies truly were modern embodiments of the old Cobra. Straight up widowmakers. They of course mellowed over the generations, but even the last one was still kind of an animal.

I kinda thought about getting one of the last ones back in’19 (probably not ACR though) since at the time the market for them was super soft and there were still even a handful of new ones still left, but in the end I of course stayed true to my Corvette roots. In hindsight though, an ACR-E would have been a really smart play because I wouldn’t have had any reservations about selling it last year for a shitload of profit. Would have been fun to keep for a few years and do a few track days, but there’s no way I’d have saw myself keeping it forever like I intend to do with the ZR1.

Those early ones with no nannies truly were modern embodiments of the old Cobra. Straight up widowmakers. They of course mellowed over the generations, but even the last one was still kind of an animal.

When I bought my Magnum SRT8 in 2006, it included "The SRT Experience", which was a day of fun at a selected race course. I went to one in SoCal (Auto Club? Can't remember.). We got to drive all of the different SRTs (including the Crossfire!). The Grand Cherokee was the most impressive... nothing I'd ever driven launched like that thing, and it was no slouch around corners, either.

At one point, they had us drive Vipers (with a coach) around an Auto-X course. He kept telling me to drive it harder, but I knew that these things were unpredictable. After all of us had a chance, one of the coaches said he'd show us how it's done. Third turn, the thing did a quick 180, and he locked up the brakes, stopping with the ass-end maybe two inches from a concrete barrier.

Oh, and they sound like a UPS truck, too.

When I bought my Magnum SRT8 in 2006, it included "The SRT Experience", which was a day of fun at a selected race course. I went to one in SoCal (Auto Club? Can't remember.). We got to drive all of the different SRTs (including the Crossfire!). The Grand Cherokee was the most impressive... nothing I'd ever driven launched like that thing, and it was no slouch around corners, either.

At one point, they had us drive Vipers (with a coach) around an Auto-X course. He kept telling me to drive it harder, but I knew that these things were unpredictable. After all of us had a chance, one of the coaches said he'd show us how it's done. Third turn, the thing did a quick 180, and he locked up the brakes, stopping with the ass-end maybe two inches from a concrete barrier.

Oh, and they sound like a UPS truck, too.

If you thought that Jeep GC was a monster back then, the last Trackhawk model with the 700hp Hellcat engine would blow your mind. I’ve driven a “built” one with over 1000hp and it’s just silly. You can actually feel the body twist a bit when you floor it because of so much torque it’s trying to harness.

The Viper sound was always a bummer. Shows that the engine was really developed for trucks. Too bad, because a V10 can be made to be one of the greatest sounding engines in all of the world. Lexus LFA, Porsche Carerra GT, and Lamborghini Huracan/Gallardo/Audi R8 are just glorious. Everytime I hear/drive one I tell myself I don’t care how fast they make EVs, they’re never going to be as fun to drive as a proper ICE powered car.

Thought this would be more fitting in this thread that the latest purchase one.

My latest shoe purchase. All I need is a belt clip for a flip phone and a pair of jean shorts. Then my Corvette owner uniform will be complete.

Attachments

• 42AAD68A-7F4D-40B7-BDF0-FC570E493392.jpg
    42AAD68A-7F4D-40B7-BDF0-FC570E493392.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 21
Thought this would be more fitting in this thread that the latest purchase one.

My latest shoe purchase. All I need is a belt clip for a flip phone and a pair of jean shorts. Then my Corvette owner uniform will be complete.

You need a hip bag to hold your detail spray and microfiber towel.

Back