• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

The new 4Runner...

4runner-RNDERS-1-copyf-copy-1024x576.webp

Toyota’s Trailhunter line up is expanding. Learn more when the all-new 2025 4Runner makes its world debut, April 9, at 7:15pm Pacific Daylight Time.

(They'll sell a ton of them....)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back to its roots, I guess, given the similarities between the truck and 4Runner....

I'm pretty sure that, at their roots, neither the first generation Hilux ("Pickup" in the U.S.) or the first generation 4Runner were bigger than the same generation Land Cruiser, though.

I dig the new 4runner, but I'm still leaning heavily more towards getting the Tacoma.

Hauling dirtbikes and larger items is just that much more difficult in the 4runner. Even if you don't do it often, it's better to do in the bed than on a hitch carrier setup or something. And you can always throw a camper shell on for cover.

I'm pretty sure that, at their roots, neither the first generation Hilux ("Pickup" in the U.S.) or the first generation 4Runner were bigger than the same generation Land Cruiser, though.

an 1984 land cruiser was an FJ40 that looks like a stereotypical Heep and indeed wasn't that different in size than the 1984 pickup. by some measures it might have been smaller, like wheelbase perhaps i dunno i'm not really going to go down this googlehole

after fj40 came the 60 series and having driven an 85 4runner precisely 2 times, and an 1989 fj62 for about 40k miles as a daily they're basically the same size as far as navigating parking lots goes. the cruiser is longer, barely wider and has more interior room. WAAY better outward visibility thanks to the greenhouse on wheels aesthetic

the 2023 US market landcruiser isn't a landcruiser in the rest of the world it's a Prado, which is closer to the 4runner btu not quite the same thing. in the US market, the Lexus GX has been the Prado and there was no equivalent in the Toyota lineup for the north american market. if you want a "real" landcruiser now you have to buy the lexus LX600.

toyota has always had some weird overlaps in these models. i don't think ayone outside corporate toyota understands them but it seems to work

IDK, there's Honda mini-vans and Mazda Miatas posted years/pages ago, so that "jaw dropping" ship certainly sailed a while back. :dunno

IDK, there's Honda mini-vans and Mazda Miatas posted years/pages ago, so that "jaw dropping" ship certainly sailed a while back. :dunno

A Miata can be a jaw dropping car for a gear head, but a mini van? :laughing

IIRC correctly this was the Miata concept image that you put in the same sentence as a mini van.

Mazda-Iconic-SP-Concept-Car-10-scaled-1.jpg

It's all subjective. There are many here who would say this car does drop their jaw, but it does mine. And maybe Lizard if my memory is correct.

Attachments

• 85 e28.jpg
    85 e28.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 23
Sold this one for $4400 :cry

I hope to get another one very similar or the same one day.

Attachments

• 87 535is.jpg
    87 535is.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 26
Back