• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Based on what, exactly? That's the same DCT unit used in multiple brands and they work just fine for what they're intended for...which is not racing.

The VW GTI and R32 aren't exactly Grandma and Grandpa's road car. Having that same clutch setup in a jetta or cc, I can understand. But their "touring" level cars. That clutch/electro shifter fucking blows goats.

I've owned a few GTI's. One of them had the DSG box in it. While I wouldn't call it a dog, it wasn't exactly a sports car either. In fact, it was a tenth of a second faster to 60 than the manual transmission model and it got better mileage. The R32...the first one...was a manual and IMO (and the sales seem to agree) a much better car than the latter model released in 2008 that only came with the DSG box. The Golf R is a manual-only car ( :banana )...but it's still not a sports car.

My '77 Z28 with the 350 got about the same.

:laughing Yeah, mine was a real crusty one I saved up for and bought as my first car. Probably could have gotten 12mpg out of it if it had been better put together.

:laughing Yeah, mine was a real crusty one I saved up for and bought as my first car. Probably could have gotten 12mpg out of it if it had been better put together.

Mine was the opposite. Second car (first was a VW bug), that was well put together. Decent 350 small block. Dialed in Quad-Ra-Junk, stock cam. Some nice chrome (wont get you home) parts, and 3.83:1 rear end. Decent interior. Level 4 shift kit (1st gear was USELESS in the rain). 295/40-18 in rear, 255/50-17 up front. Einkei rims... lol Decent car.

Holy fuck there's a lot of talk and no pics going on in here. Blah blah blah...pics pics pics!

1964-Aston-Martin-DB5-James-Bond-car-front-3-4.jpg

BMW-Z8_2001_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg

I like the Z8. Would never want to own one, but I sure do like seeing them on the road. Kinda like when I see a Cadillac XLR.

Wow a picture of a BMW roadster and wazzufredo hasn't posted something about his yet? It's truly a Christmas Miracle!

This one has been sitting outside for the last month or so. Neighborhood isn't so great either. Surprised no one has messed with it.

IMAG0125_BURST002.jpg

A little old school/new school

57 Belair convertible
LS2 out of an 06 Corvette
4L60-E Transmission
Ford 9" Rear End
Air ride Shockwave suspension
Vintage air and heat.

Sold this one a few years ago....Regretted it the day it left my house. 517 CI Ford Racing motor with close to 550HP in a 2,400 pound, short wheelbase car. It was a handful when you got into it a bit.

People that but supercars put zero priority on mileage. But if it just happens to do pretty well anyways...it's a bonus. Kinda like if it comes with a cupholder.

I suspect a modern supercar costs more to maintain than it does to fuel anyway. I wouldn't want to own a Lambo with 100K miles on the clock.

I suspect a modern supercar costs more to maintain than it does to fuel anyway. I wouldn't want to own a Lambo with 100K miles on the clock.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/06/selling-it-all-to-roam-the-country-in-a-lamborghini/

He made it to 91,xxx.

After all that hard time on the road, the engine timing chain stretched, crunching the valves and turning Jordan’s car into an exotic and expensive paperweight. It’s worth less than he owes on it.

However, he had this to say:

“It worked every day, it worked like it was supposed to, it never broke down,” he says. “It exceeded all my expectations.”

Article doesn't say anything about services, oil changes, etc. No mention of anything but gas. Doesn't mean he didn't do it, but it doesn't sound like he maintained it at all. Even in a Civic I think you'd be hard pressed to reach 90,000+ miles without a service without something breaking.

Supercar oil changes are no joke. I suspect the price of one oil change on a new V12 Ferrari is more than it would be in 100k miles worth of oil changes on something like a Civic.

That said, scheduled maintainence on my 2003 Corvette has been less than what it would have cost to maintain a 2003 V6 Honda Accord over the same time and miles. All I've done for maintainence in 10 years and 100k miles is 3 air filters, a set of spark plugs, and only 12 oil changes.

Back