• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

I suspect a modern supercar costs more to maintain than it does to fuel anyway. I wouldn't want to own a Lambo with 100K miles on the clock.

Ferrari recomended service at every 15k miles is $15k or more depending on what they do. A Gallardo clucth replacment is 10K just for the clucth. Rich people problems.

Ferrari recomended service at every 15k miles is $15k or more depending on what they do. A Gallardo clucth replacment is 10K just for the clucth. Rich people problems.

I'd love to see a line item breakdown of a service like that.

And the manufacturer's actual expected lifespan for a street-driven, dealer maintained car.

Anyone know of one for sale. Let me know.
2011-Chevrolet-Corvette-ZR1-side-wallpaper.jpg

^^ I always thought I wanted one. I spoke to a couple of guys at the track that sold theirs for Z06's. They both said they liked the LS7 better. :dunno

^^ I always thought I wanted one. I spoke to a couple of guys at the track that sold theirs for Z06's. They both said they liked the LS7 better. :dunno

Since you could get the Z06 (2010+ models) optioned with the same brakes, tires, and MR shocks as the ZR1, it made it an amazingly capable track car. ZR1s had another 150 lbs up front with all the supercharger hardware.

I've heard the same. From the road track guys. They claimed the supercharger put too large of a torque jump into the car and made it unpredictable. Since the one I want will see almost an equal drag time as road course. And I know how to deal with the suspension tuning on the vette's, I'm ok with the LS9. :teeth :thumbup

And before anyone gets moist over a leftover ZR1, just know that the 2015 Corvette Z06 gets debuted in a few weeks at the Detroit show. GM has released a teaser photo to the press but that's it. A lot of speculation so far as to the specifics. 600+hp forced induction motor, carbon brakes, but that's about it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 65
I've heard the same. From the road track guys. They claimed the supercharger put too large of a torque jump into the car and made it unpredictable. Since the one I want will see almost an equal drag time as road course. And I know how to deal with the suspension tuning on the vette's, I'm ok with the LS9. :teeth :thumbup

If you really want one, there's still a Night Race Blue one over at Boardwalk last I checked.

The REALLY FAST guys with Z07's swap out the brakes and suspension.

Whatchoo talkin 'bout Willis? Share!

Certain aftermarket bits, play very well with the Vette. You just have to know what to bolt where, and how to set it. :cool Pfadt Coilovers, (swapped out springs), Pfadt swaybars. Make a HUGE difference over the factory C5 Z06. Made a hell of an improvement on the C6's I've driven as well.

And before anyone gets moist over a leftover ZR1, just know that the 2015 Corvette Z06 gets debuted in a few weeks at the Detroit show. GM has released a teaser photo to the press but that's it. A lot of speculation so far as to the specifics. 600+hp forced induction motor, carbon brakes, but that's about it.

If THAT's the case. I'll wait a bit. New Z06 gets dropped, older ones get even cheaper.... :teeth

You mean this puppy:

2015-Corvette-Z06-Leaked.jpg

Last edited:
Certain aftermarket bits, play very well with the Vette. You just have to know what to bolt where, and how to set it. :cool Pfadt Coilovers, (swapped out springs), Pfadt swaybars. Make a HUGE difference over the factory C5 Z06. Made a hell of an improvement on the C6's I've driven as well.

If THAT's the case. I'll wait a bit. New Z06 gets dropped, older ones get even cheaper.... :teeth

You mean this puppy:

2015-Corvette-Z06-Leaked.jpg

Ah, I thought you we're going to tell me some secret trickery. Coil-overs are next on the list. I already have LG swaybars. The Pfadt multipiece sways aren't all they are cracked up to be. I know of a few failures.

That pic is a photoshop. The unedited image is out there too.

You mean this puppy:

Yeah tell me about it! When the C7 started delivering, the fucking values for my C5 got absolutely assassinated. In the span of 3 months the car I'm planning on selling early next year went from a high book value of $19k to $14.5k. :facepalm

And C6 prices I'm sure took a similar hit. Fortunately my Z06 still barely has any miles (8400 as of an hour ago), so I could still get a healthy premium for it should I ever get the itch to trade up because that C7Z is just the bee's knees.

Tim already got it, but yeah that's a total chip. The pic I posted was what GM released.

Tim already got it, but yeah that's a total chip. The pic I posted was what GM released.
Yeah I wasn't about to post the photo that I *think* is a legit one. It was hard as fuck to get ahold of.

I'm highly tossed up between:

Buying a C5 Z06, and doing it up. Cam, Heads, Intake, Exhaust, Procharger, Full suspension. And registering it in Oregon (my second address).
Buying a C6 Z06, and just doing suspension and a procharger.
Buying a C6 ZR1 and doing some light suspension work.

Right. It's about vertical doors. Where are the MFing vertical doors?!?

26624d1385886552-let-s-define-what-we-think-rice-any-car-game-even-yours-lambo-doors-so-played-out.jpg

Yeah I wasn't about to post the photo that I *think* is a legit one. It was hard as fuck to get ahold of.

I'm highly tossed up between:

Buying a C5 Z06, and doing it up. Cam, Heads, Intake, Exhaust, Procharger, Full suspension. And registering it in Oregon (my second address).
Buying a C6 Z06, and just doing suspension and a procharger.
Buying a C6 ZR1 and doing some light suspension work.

Yeah if you have something that's legit, keep it to yourself. Posting it on a public board? GM lawyers get all uppity and you and/or budman could get their pee pee slapped.

And I would throw out the C5Z. Yeah you can get them wicked fast, but it's such an unrefined beast if you ever drive it on the street. The C6Z can be done up to fast (and faster than the ZR1) but still very streetable. There's a brand new leftover Z06 for TWENTY grand off sticker at Boardwalk.

Changing the subject, but sticking with Chevy/GMC

The ten second Duramax Chevelle :wow :rofl :hail

[youtube]SKc_U_Q2s-o[/youtube]

Last edited:
Back