• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

Was/is there a "functional" purpose or is it just plain ghetto stupid like donk wheels?

There is no functional purpose. It ruins the handling and looks fucking retarded to boot. Google hellaflush. Your brain will melt.

The price on this bitch.. Will drop your pants. That is, if the cash was in your pocket.

$75K Msrp.

newcardesigns-2014ChevyCamaroZ28-Back.jpg

Pretty sure one of these passed me on 280 last night coming back from hockey. Looked beastly, sounded good, left me in the dust.

Was/is there a "functional" purpose or is it just plain ghetto stupid like donk wheels?

There is no functional purpose to what people "in the scene" do, but there can be functional purpose to negative wheel camber on front wheels of a racing car. Behold:
negcam.jpg

My understanding is that in some circumstances, , where you expect lots of hard braking deep into smooth corners without a lot of suspension movement, you might set the front wheels up with some negative camber to settle a full contact patch under just those forces acting on it.

The benefit of negative camber does not hinge on or require braking. When the cars chassis rolls during cornering, the negative camber allows the outside tire to maintain a useful contact patch.

The benefit of negative camber does not hinge on or require braking. When the cars chassis rolls during cornering, the negative camber allows the outside tire to maintain a useful contact patch.

There's quite a bit more to it than what you said here, But I don't think we need to make their head explode. :thumbup

Braking forces can modify camber, caster, and toe depending upon the flex in the suspension. This is why most race applications use Hiem joints, over isolation bushings.

Last edited:
There's quite a bit more to it than what you said here, But I don't think we need to make their head explode. :thumbup

Braking forces can modify camber, caster, and toe depending upon the flex in the suspension. This is why most race applications use Hiem joints, over isolation bushings.

Heck, that F1 in the picture doesn't even use Heims...
There's just some thin areas of the carbon fiber arms, that flex.:wow

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...r-assembly-engine-fire-up-mumbai-p1000766.jpg

Last edited:
Yup. Fuck that engineered flex shit. Those numbers are WAY above my head.

But...What could possibly go wrong!?!
[youtube]PR5kyuEJynQ[/youtube]

:rofl

(although technically, it wasn't the flex joints that failed)

Last edited:
There is no functional purpose to what people "in the scene" do, but there can be functional purpose to negative wheel camber on front wheels of a racing car. Behold:
negcam.jpg

My understanding is that in some circumstances, , where you expect lots of hard braking deep into smooth corners without a lot of suspension movement, you might set the front wheels up with some negative camber to settle a full contact patch under just those forces acting on it.

I have a pretty good grasp of normal racecar suspension design and setup purposes, tho I wondered if there was some kind of new kinda shit these guys were doing that involved drifting or something like that. Figured there MIGHT be some sort of purpose to it other than prematurely wearing tires on cars that mostly see straight roads.

But, after some research, it appears to be another dumbass fashion statement.

Well that sucks. My dad actually got to drive (while I rode shotgun) the ZR-1 Spyder that's buried under tons of dirt and other Corvettes. It was a one off prototype that has the underhood signed by everyone at Bowling Green Assembly. Absolutely irreplaceable.

[youtube]EBpjt02SlLw[/youtube]

THIS VIDEO IS THE SUCK!!!!! IT DOES NOT DELIVER!!!

Seriously! just hovering and showing...THE DIRT!!!! We want to see the vettes!

camera man should be shot:x

This vid belongs in the fail thread!

Lol.

the security cam one is worse! it shows the start of the collapse and then cuts out:mad

Back